RC Trans & Gear

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20180929

4817 Fernlee Ave

Royal Oak, MI 48073

R C Trans & Gear Inc in Royal Oak, Michigan is a locally owned and operated auto repair shop specializing in transmission and clutch services. We have over 40 years of experience in the transmission repair industry and look forward to serving you. Be sure to ask about our warranty!!...

transmission service (46)auto repair (22)car inspection (1)

02/10/2020

Very professional and delivered on time. Half the price of what the dealer wanted to charge me and double the warranty. There is a reason why these guys have been in business so long at the same location. Highly recommended!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission rebuild

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/29/2020

05/07/2019

This is a very professional shop that does excellent work. Very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission rebuild

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/22/2019

11/02/2018

I thought I was having a problem with my transmission and dropped my car off for them to take a look. I contacted them the next day and they had some additional questions and kept the car another day for more investigation. The following day they informed me that it was not a transmission issue but that while they were investigating the issue the vehicle did throw a couple of codes. This wasn't so...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2018

02/19/2018

Mechanics were great to work with. Second car we had them service. Would hire again

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
[*** Link removed ***] transmission.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/19/2018

12/15/2017

I'm so happy to find a company like RC Trans and Gear. It's so hard to find great service like this these days. We went to pick up our car, but we found out that it needed an additional part beyond what was quoted. The manager covered the cost of the additional part and paid for a rental car until the job was finished.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilt transmission

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/04/2017

11/13/2017

The service was completed at a fair price, and that's all anybody would want. I would definitely use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had to have my truck checked for service indication on the dash board. The technicians let me know that it was the trans controller on the dash that may be the problem. I went a bought the part myself, delivered it to the shop, they put it on and everything worked out. They said what they would do and did it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2017

06/05/2017

Reviews on Angie list were spot on! Perfect transaction! Same price as many other repair shops that offered only 12 month/12,000 warranty. RC has unlimited ownership warranty. Fast service and transmission works great!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission rebuild on 2003 Expedition

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2017

08/10/2016

I give R C Trans and Gear my Highest Recommendation. Over several years, I have had three different jobs done at R C Trans, totally thousands of dollars. Yes, trans work is expensive, that’s why it’s important to find a shop that gets it right – R C Trans gets it right. I had a clutch done on an Xterra Off Road – it worked better after R C Trans’ work than it had before it wore out. I had the Rear...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission Rebuild Clutch Replacement 4x4 Rear Axle Seals and Bearings

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/27/2016

04/12/2016

We had the van at another transmission place that was referred to my son. I went on Angie's list and recommended RC  and he called RC  He received a quote from RC over the phone which was cheaper then the other company and they picked it up from the other company and towed it to their company free of charge. It took them a week to fix only because we said we weren't in any rush since we had anothe...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
rebuilt transmission

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/14/2016

03/27/2016

Offered free towing and a lifetime warranty. No problems as of yet.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuild the transmission.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/01/2016

transmision,clutches,differential,transfer case,universal joints & wheel bearings