DARA In Home Dog Training

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

1227 E Lake Dr

Novi, MI 48377

Super service awards 2016 and 217. I offer In-Home Puppy and Adult obedience training as well as behavior issues. Your satisfaction is guaranteed (with owner participation). Fees are not charged until the training is complete. I offer fixed pricing and free evaluation of behavior and aggression issues....

Animal Training (34)

09/08/2019

John is an incredible trainer with “Dog Whisperer” talents! He was gentle and playful with Brody, but firm, quickly gaining Brody’s affection and respect. He recommended tools such as humane collars for barking as well as Tile Pro to reinforce the “come” command as well as an acting GPS device via a cell phone app. We would highly highly recommend his services which were nominal in fees charged!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I rescued a small dog named “Brody” who as it turns out is half Jack Russell Terrier and younger than the shelter disclosed! J.R. Terriers are known for their behavioral traits of running away, barking and hyperactivity, unbeknownst to me! My boyfriend and I were ready to find him a new home with a fenced yard before we tried one final attempt to not annoy our neighbors! John, owner and trainer of DARA in home canine training became our and “Brody’s” savior, thanks to John! He eliminated all negative behavioral traits and “Brody” will remain with us for the duration!🐶🙏😍

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/08/2019

08/28/2019

He was amazing! Dog whisperer for sure! He was amazing with our dog and baby! Our dog teddy learned to come and to be able to greet people and he’s getting so much better at walking! Definitely recommend!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dog training.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/28/2019

08/28/2019

The trading was great. Being an in-home training is both successful and convenient. Within 2 sessions our dog was visibly more responsive and behaved as if we had gone through years of training. You, as owners, also learn how to continuously work with the dog in a helpful way. We would recommend these trainings to anyone with a dog, no matter how long you’ve had them or what age they are.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Trading for new dog

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/27/2019

04/19/2019

Mr. Smith did a great job teaching my Golden Doodle, Maggie, to settle and walk without pulling or being distracted by other dogs and people. We visited Home Depot and three pet stores to practice her learned skills. All training was done in a firm but gentle manner which included time spent introducing himself to Maggie and making her comfortable with him. My training goals were accomplished in o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Training my two year old Golden Doodle

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/19/2019

01/29/2019

John is a very professional trainer. He explains his training well. He is very knowledgeable about dogs. He is very easy to work with. I now have the tools to handle my dog. I would strongly recommend him because he is doing this job not for the money (because it is very affordable - 170.00 for 4 - 2 hour sessions) but for his love of dogs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
dog obedience like walking by my side and not pulling, sitting on command, quieting when dog is barking non stop and much more

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/18/2019

07/06/2018

Outstanding training service at an affordable rate! John is extremely knowledgeable and very good with dogs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Train my Puppy

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/06/2018

04/27/2018

John was great! When I got my puppy my sister's family was living with me. I was pretty sure we were giving the poor puppy mixed signals so I hired John to train us so we could train the puppy! Josie, my pitbull puppy is a very smart, very stubborn and at the time we started to train her still young (less than 3 months old) little girl. We were having problems potty training her and her biting was...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Puppy training

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2017

Photo for DARA In Home Dog Training - 1227 E Lake Dr, Novi, MI - 37017398

04/13/2018

The session went well and we learned some effective methods for helping our dog learn to stay calm, obey simple commands and walk well on a leash. John was calm and confident with our dog and his example helped my husband gain more confidence as he tries to allay my dog's fear of men. We will definitely call John again if we need a refresher!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dog training session

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/29/2018

Photo for DARA In Home Dog Training - 1227 E Lake Dr, Novi, MI - 36979294

04/13/2018

John was amazing. He had control of our 1 yr old puppy almost immediately. He was very patient with both the dog and us during the training and we couldn't be happier with our much calmer and well mannered fur child. We would highly recommend John for canine training!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Canine Training

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/13/2018

03/28/2018

John did a wonderful job. He helped us train our dog to settle down with hand commands when people stop by and they work very well. e has been overprotective to the point where we had t lock him up in the back hallway but now he is much calmer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
training dog to reduce his protective behvior

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/23/2018

Dog Training – Standard Obedience, Leash Walking, Sit, Down, Stay, & Recall, Behavior Issues, Anxiety Reduction, Hyper Activity Reduction, Obsessive Barking, & Aggressive Behavior.

Aggression Resolution – Progressive & Continuous Biting.

Not Applicable