Mike's Auto Care

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20150710

2717 W Michigan Ave

Lansing, MI 48917

Complete auto and truck repair both foreign and domestic. Additional Services: * electrical * exhaust systems * suspension work * fuel injection * replace lights * transmission flush * coolant service * air filter replacement * vehicle fluids * chassis lube * car battery replacement * belts & hoses replacement * transmission service...

auto repair (44)car inspection (5)transmission service (3)hvac repair (2)electrician (2)

09/30/2017

We have taken our cars there for the last 10 years. They do a good job. Communication is good. I always drop off my car and they are fairly quick. We have always been very pleased with them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Auto Service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2015

09/30/2017

It's local, in my neighborhood. They have been really good. We have taken our vehicles there for probably about the last 10 years something like that.   I would say they do a good job. He is a great communicator. I've never waited there I always drop it off. They do a good job answering questions, especially when it comes to auto mechanic's answering questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basic maintenance.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2016

09/30/2017

We have taken our cars there for the last 10 years. They do a good job. Communication is good. I always drop off my car and they are fairly quick. They are pretty good at answering questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Auto service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2016

08/22/2017

Everything went well, as expected. Vehicle was done when promised and there were no surprise charges. I would highly recommend Mike's to anyone looking for a good honest auto repair & service shop.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Automatic Transmission Fluid & Filter Change

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2017

12/02/2016

This was the worst automotive experience i've ever had. My car wasn't running for a couple of weeks and i called him to ask if i could tow it there. He said fine. This was my 3rd or 4th time going there. So i had it towed there and as soon as he received the car he called me and said he refused to fix it and I needed to come and get it. I asked why and he said because it was so dirty and smelly, a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
i requested a dianosis of what was wrong with my car, but he refused to give it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2016

08/23/2016

It went very well and I was very pleased and will continue to have my car taken care of by them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a check engine light and I have a Lincoln Aviator and was afraid that it was going to cost a lot to fix, but it turned out to be a hose that needed to be replaced. They did all the work including a part for one price that I could afford. They we were really friendly and made comfortable while waiting.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/16/2016

07/01/2016

As a non-mechanic, I'm leery of the corporate "grease monkey" shops that will do their best to scare you into believing that you need a whole bunch of repairs or they're not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your vehicle. When I needed work on my 2012 Caliber that was making strange 'bed spring' noises at low speeds, I took it to Mike's Auto Care and found that Mike is nothing like tha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Suspension work

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/30/2016

03/15/2016

I'm fairly picky about who works on my car.  I had heard great things about Mike's so I called to make an appointment to have the car looked at.  I could tell from the phone conversation that Mike was professional, knowledgeable and fair!  I showed up early for my appointment and they took my car for a drive, diagnosed the problem and even though we had discussed doing any needed work at a later d...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed new brake pads and rotors on 2007 Lexus

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2016

01/20/2016

I needed a reputable local mechanic to inspect a vehicle I had seen advertised online. From the picture and description the vehicle looked nice. Mike did a thorough inspection of the vehicle. He found it had not been properly maintained. Rust issues, repair issues etc. Based on his advice I passed on the vehicle. Saved me a lot of grief and aggravation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
pre-purchase vehicle inspection

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/13/2016

07/08/2015

The day before I went to Mike's Auto Care, I had taken my Chevrolet Equinox to a local transmission shop; however, the technicians could not find anything causing the second gear to hesitate. Mike put it on his scope and checked it out. The computer indicated that nothing was wrong, but after doing a couple of test drives and checking everything, Mike found the problem, which was a minor issue. He...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inspected and repaired automatic transmission

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/17/2015

Auto services, brakes, steering, suspension, engines, transmissions, axles, heating and air conditioning, electrical and computer.shuttle service * air conditioning service (a/c) * wheel alignment * cv axles * tire sales & service * computer diagnostic testing * vehicle preventative maintenance * auto repair * tune ups * oil changes & lube * brake service * clutch repairs

Alignments.