Marty's Handyman and Consulting Service LLC

Founded 1993 • Angie's List since August 2010

Before I started my business back in 1993 I started in apartment maintenance in 1978 and supervised all major building repairs and up grades. I love what I do. I specialize in jobs that one man can do. *** My office is open Mon.- Fri. 7:00 AM - 9:00Am for phone calls and appointment setting. *** Most messages left after 9:00AM are followed on and returned the next business day. *** I start most all jobs between 11:00AM - 11:30 AM. I don't eat lunch, or take the time for one....

Window Washing Plus

Window washing, gutter cleaning, pressure washing, Family business for over 19 years. Reliable, Courteous, respectable quality work, at reasonable prices!

11/16/2020

I have requested quotes twice through Angie's List and called directly once. Have not heard a thing. I hope all is well and understand things have changed due to pandemic, but some kind of response would have been appreciated. Will be looking elsewhere.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Non-responsive to multiple requests for quote

CATEGORY contractors

I FELL FROM A LADDER AND HAD TO HAVE ROTATOR SURGERY! I get at least 5 calls a day, and work a lone. No one would return your calls with your type of attitude. Giving me an F for not returning your call IS UNFARE. I have many regular customers that understand.

09/25/2020

His communication prior to the install was quick and on point. He was on time and everything went very well. Reasonable cost. Would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Toilet Install

CATEGORY contractors,plumbing

09/20/2018

Marty did a great job replacing two old wood doors with two steel exterior doors on our attached garage. There was a considerable challenge with the install because the existing 1950’s doorway was not plumb. Marty was not deterred and the result looks great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
2 exterior steel doors on garage

CATEGORY handyman service,doors

07/27/2018

This was a difficult job. Marty had to try to match old trim, and the concrete floors - over which the new drywall was hung - were very uneven. Marty is meticulous and it showed in the results, which were outstanding. He's also very personable; we enjoyed working with him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Put up drywall and painted; installed and stained trim.

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,interior painters,basement remodeling

06/06/2018

He had challenges with our front door because our house was not built right. But he pressed through those challenges, and it turned out beautiful!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed new front door, and a new faucet in our bathroom sink.

CATEGORY handyman service,plumbing,doors

*** Please keep in mind, sometimes I run behind due to unforeseen problems on a job. I always stick with the job until it's done. I also offer consulting on major services, Somewhat like a general contractor without the cost. in other words If the job requires Major: Electrical, Roofing, Plumbing, And so on.... I charge a small fee to meet with you and the contractors you or I have worked with in those fields to make sure everyone is on the same page of understanding of the project you may have.

*** I NO LONGER SERVICE NEW RENTAL LEADS, OR OUT OF TOWN CORRESPONDENCE.*** I firmly believe: if you need a new roof call a roofer. If you need major plumbing, call a plumber. If you need major electrical, call an electrican. These are areas that handymen can get in over their head, and trouble with the law.