Liskey's Auto & Truck Service

A45 REVIEWS

Founded 1962 • Angie's List since September 2008

119 S Larch St

Lansing, MI 48912

Liskey's was founded by George Liskey in 1960. George started a small two-man shop while working for the John Bean Plant here in Lansing. In 1972, when I purchased the business from George, it was a three-man shop. Since that time our modern, present-day facility features 13 bays, 5 technicians and a tow truck to service all of our customers needs. There are three things that I have always strived to maintain at Liskey's. They are the experience and training of the technicians, the quality parts that are installed during a repair and the honesty with which the repair is handled and presented to the customer. To maintain the "Quality" service we insist on, our technicians are constantly kept abreast of new technologies in the automotive field. We make sure that education is an ongoing experience for the staff. We purchase quality parts because we believe they are well worth the extra expense. Our last goal, honesty. In all aspects of the service honesty has never been difficult for us to achieve; because we make recommedations are repairs for our customers as though we are doing the work for our own family members. We try to make each and every one of our customers feel like they are part of our family. "Quality", to me is more than just a word. It means doing the very best job you can do....

Auto Service (44)Auto Tires (9)Auto Inspections (2)Auto Mufflers (2)Auto Radio Service (1)Auto Towing (1)

09/20/2017

Very helpful, friendly service. Work was done on time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced starter motor and solenoid

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/30/2017

D

12/01/2016

Brought my car in for an inspection and some front end work. Dropped it off no problem and was told that they would inspect it and let me know. After nearly 6 hours and no communication, I contacted them for an update. They told me I was all set and my vehicle was ready, which was odd being that I had never talked to anyone all day about the status of the vehicle. They said they drove it around an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front end and brake inspection.

CATEGORY auto repair, car inspections

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/25/2016

01/10/2016

Liskey's is always professional, friendly, and convenient to my office.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Car maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/25/2015

C

12/08/2015

Car was ready on a Friday evening.   Less that 24 hours after pick up, battery drained again (lost power on expressway), as they forgot to reattach something correctly.  Had to pay for another tow on weekend and car couldn't be looked at until Monday.  Fixed problem at no charge and apologized, but should have happened in first place.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Battery Alternator problems.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/15/2014

05/28/2015

They did the job efficiently, provided my transportation to and from my home.  I have had no trouble since.  I have gone to Liskey's several times over the years and have never been disappointed in their work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced left lower control arm and left drive axle; aligned front end.  Though the job was expensive, about half of the cost was for parts.

COST $596.33

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/18/2015

05/06/2015

They advised her on what was really need and what wasn't necessary to do. Her car works almost like new again and it's 15 years old. Great service and reasonably priced. Best of all, her MPG is back up again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My daughter took her car in and had service performed, They replaced the entire gas line.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/10/2015

04/16/2015

Great. I have used LISKEYS many times before. They do good work, get your car to you when promised and no hassle if there are any difficulties.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Struts, new brakes and alignment (front year)

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/19/2014

04/09/2015

Very well for her to get back and forth to work and college

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Auto repairs old car for grand daughter to drive to school car had been sitting up for over a year

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2013

04/05/2015

As above, left the car expected a 150 + bill, fixed the problem in 45 dollars

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Van was veering off to one side, checked alignment, found a defect in one of the tires, fixed, the same problem ..could not be diagnosed or fixed by the dealership

CATEGORY auto repair, car tires

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/25/2015

12/09/2014

My Ranger has over 210,000 miles on it and is almost 17 years old so I try to spend as little as I can on repairs.  I called about a 1/2 dozen places to get a quote to replace the timing belt.  Liskey's was the cheapest and taking the reviews I read into consideration I decided to have my truck towed there.  I have been in the market for a mechanic and I was hoping that things would go well so tha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced the Timing Belt and Tensioner on a 1998 Ford Ranger

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/09/2014

We offer services on air conditioning, alignments, suspension, brakes, vibrations, batteries and electrical, fluid exchanges, general maintenance, oil changes, preventative maintenance, tire/wheel balancing, tires and tune-ups; on all types of vehicles from cars to heavy trucks & motorhomes.

Body work.