Home Improvements

Founded 1994 • Angie's List since November 2011

I am a Licensed builder and generally do all the work myself but have sub-contractors that have been working with me for several years to help. My proposals indicate that a deposit is required to schedule job and most large jobs only require 1/3 down. I....

DNA Residential Restoration

We provide building services in Kalamazoo and it's surrounding areas. We work together to provide exceptional quality at an affordable price. There's nothing we can't handle: decks, kitchens, baths, siding, maintenance, repairs, landscaping, etc.

Award 2019

07/07/2015

Tim is great. Have hired him for multiple projects. This fall will have him remodel my kitchen and build me a fireplace mantle. He has been very helpful in helping us get a house ready to sell. He works quickly and is quite professional

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed ceiling in kitchen

06/08/2015

Angie's list solicited input for this business. We are DIY-ers, but when we need help, we will definitely call Home Improvements. Tim did not solicit this review.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tim Shaver is my former neighbor. We have not needed his services, but I wanted to post something about him personally, as an objective reviewer. His own home and lawn were always kept beautifully. He and his family cared for their elderly neighbor, looking in on her, spending time with her,  and keeping her son posted on how she was doing. Tim was more than gracious to us when our dog bit him (we later found  that the dog was poorly bred, and had to be put down). He is a hard-working man of integrity and character. Should we ever have need for what he does, he will be the first person we call.

CATEGORY handyman service

Thank you [Member name] for the kind words, most people would not go out of there way to say such nice things. I thank God I have not changed my ways, Feel free to look at what I have been up to on my business Facebook:Home Improvements By Tim Shaver. Say hi To [Member name] and kids.

04/20/2015

He took the screens that we wanted fix away with him to get it refixed and he said he would call us back. This was on a Thursday and he said he would call us on the following Monday to set up a date. He called and said because he is 50 miles away he could not get to us for another week and that was ok. The following Monday he was here with the screens and installed them which I did not expect him ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use Home Improvements.  I had him come over to put a new door lock on an outside screen door which had it have a lock on it because it is the only door between my disabled wife and the outside backyard. He brought over 2 different door locks because he wasn’t sure which one to fix. One of them fixes and he didn’t charge us for the second one.

CATEGORY handyman service,screen repair,doors

10/25/2014

He is very professional and Knowledgeable. Would hire him in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact may have him redo my kitchen.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repaired kitchen ceiling. Did a good job

09/05/2014

The team came on time and did all of the projects on my list, including taking the extra effort to fix issues with my screen doors that I hadn't included.   Only issue was the amount of time after buying service that we actually got it done (April-September).

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
install exhaust fan, some electrical work, miscellaneous projects.

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service,doors

Home improvements also additions, decks, basements, kitchen and bath, siding, screened-in porches, custom bars and fireplaces. I am very successful in repairs and maintenance in residential homes & commercial offices.

HVAC, concreate & brickwork.Majior plumbing