CONSUMERS CREDIT UNION

Founded 1951 • Angie's List since July 2010

Not Rated| 4 Reviews

Consumers Credit Union is a full-service financial institution dedicated to providing our members with personal, professional service. Our 14 offices are located in Kalamazoo, Portage, South Haven, Holland, Mattawan, and Coldwater. Our mission is to provide quality and innovative products and services that contribute to the economic and social well-being of our membership. Our goal is to make every banking experience at Consumers the best ever. Listening to our members and providing professional, caring solutions is our top priority. Thats why over 95.98% of our members said they were satisfied or very satisfied in a recent survey....

Mike Murgatroy Guaranteed Rate Mortgage

**$300 off closing costs for Angie's List members** **95% jumbo mortgages available to $2,000,000 with no monthly private mortgage insurance** **Veteran mortgages, very aggressive rates based on working on low margins, NO LENDER FEES** **Conventional & FHA mortgages, aggressive rates and fees based on lower margins** Mike Murgatroy has 22 years of lending experience and is an Angie’s List Super Service Award recipient 2012-2019. Mike is also ranked in the top 1% mortgage originators in the United States. With integrity at the core of his values, you can rest assured that Mike Murgatroy will give you informed detailed mortgage advice, the same he would recommend to his own family. Utilizing the platform of Guaranteed Rate, The Home Purchase Experts℠, Mike is able to provide customized loan products to fit almost every need and is proud to be a contributing part of Guaranteed Rate’s 96% customer satisfaction rating. We pride ourselves on having a transparent process which we will walk you through every step of the way, and proud to have offered the world’s first Digital Mortgage! Start your application process today by visiting www.Rate.com/Murg and find out why so many others continue to bring their business to Mike Murgatroy. NMLS ID# 60099; Guaranteed Rate NMLS ID# 2611 http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Award 2019
Offers by Mike Murgatroy Guaranteed Rate Mortgage on Angie's List

03/07/2016

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Financed my home.

10/14/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I'm sorry but I can not recommend Consumers Credit Union in good consciousness. After several years of having a mortgage with them as well as other services I had lost my job of nearly 10 years. At the time houses were not selling and my family was stuck in a position were we could not sustain our payments. Before missing any payments we called Consumers and asked for advice as to what to do, we had already listed the home for sale and knew that we were in trouble. We had no intention of running from our responsibilities and felt that contacting CC was the best route. When a buyer was found for the house, at a much lower price than we owed, the house was sold and CC the trouble started. I had told Sara Holfacker that we were willing to take a personal loan out for the remainder of the unpaid balance and pay it back to stay in good standing and at the time we still had good credit and shouldn't have been a problem but after the house sold CC claimed they could not get a hold of me. This was not true, I had letters from them confirming they had my updated address and had phone calls listed on my phone ( a number which I still hold to this day) but they claimed that Sara Holfacker had been fired (how convenient) and Sara Magruder was now in charge. Ms. MscGruder and Consumers Credit Union's solution to the problem was to turn us into collection for the amount owed. My family and I were taken advantage of and Consumers Credit Union knew just what they were doing as far as I can tell. I'm not sure how turning us into collection was a better solution than allowing us to pay the money back or better yet finding ways to help us keep our home but I guess it really didn't matter to them. After every thing that they had put my family through they keep my last pay check before closing my account, I really don't see how that is even the least bit ethical but doesn't really matter any more. Buyer beware, please steer clear.

03/18/2013

We recently switched to Consumers CU from Fifth Third and could not be happier! The service is always amazing and they have been so helpful with all of my questions. I would recommend them to everyone!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Opened up two checking and one savings account.

03/30/2012

I have been with them for 10 years. I never have any problems with them. They do a really good job and treat you like family.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We do our banking with Consumers Credit Union.

CATEGORY banks

Consumers Credit Union offers Seriously Free Checking accounts and Instant Issue Debit Cards. We also offer interest checking, savings accounts, money market accounts, CDs, and IRAs. In addition, Consumers offers a variety of loan services to finance most any need—new and used auto loans; Custom-Made Mortgages and home equity loans; personal loans; boat, motorcycle and RV loans; business loans; and credit cards. Stay connected with Online and Mobile Banking, TextBanking, and VoiceAccess.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available