Gold Star Waterproofing, LLC

A 23 Reviews

Founded 1991 • Angie's List since June 2006

Grandville, MI 49418

Basement Waterproofing in residential and small commercial buildings. Fully insured. Licensed by the State of Michigan....

basement waterproofing (23)

04/19/2019

We are preparing to renovate our basement, and wanted a professional assessment before doing so, as we had some minor water intrusion several years ago. I called several companies specializing in whole basement systems, and they recommended Gold Star as a better option for my project. Steve showed up on time, assessed the problem areas, and recommended solutions without pushing for overkill. He ha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement Waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/17/2019

09/04/2018

This A review is very late, but so well deserved. I first contacted Steve 2 years ago with my first water leakage (there has been several more since then). Every time I phone him, he always responds right away. Most cases will give me an estimate on the spot. With the first job he did back in April of 2016, he not only dug down about 10' to repair a deep crack in the cement wall, but he also sugge...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Several areas with water leaking into my basement. Dug several trenches in my backyard and laid down perforated piping down to help with drainage. Installed 2 window wells for basement windows.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/28/2018

07/15/2017

All went smoothly and fairly quickly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Steve repaired a crack in the poured concrete wall of our home. He showed amazing responsiveness, used a creative and effective technique and was professional in his approach to the problem. Overall, he made my day.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/14/2017

11/01/2016

Well. My only complaint is that they called to say they would be two hours earlier than originally discussed. The gentleman explained process in detail. I had others say they would need to do interior, but this man told me we could do from outside. Not only did he save me money, but time too!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
There was a crack in my cement wall that resulted in a leak in one of the bedrooms.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2016

10/31/2016

Fixed in one trip, excellent service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Water coming in basement through small crack.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/16/2016

08/31/2016

Steve inspected the water leakage in my basement and diagnosed the problem immediately. He was helpful and as it was due to a plumbing issue and not waterproofing, I was not charged for the visit.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inspect water leakage in basement

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2016

01/01/2016

They came out the day I called and was very informative and a great value. We ended up going with another company as it was a toss up on who to hire and the other company could schedule it sooner.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Came out for estimate to repair crack in foundation

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/20/2015

08/10/2015

We discovered leaks in a previous (26 year old) waterproofing job. Because we were having new floor installed the next week, we were in a time pinch. Steve made time to look at and fix the problem within a very short time frame. He also made sure to show me what he was doing, explaining how the waterproofing system works (something the original installer did not do), and exactly what he was doing ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired leaks in a 26 year old waterproofing system.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/05/2015

06/04/2015

The process went fairly well, the drains and sump pump work well and the area is much drier. They used poured concrete to fill the wall where the access to the well pit was and some of the concrete settled too much.  We called and they came out within the week and fixed the issue.  The basement is in much better condition, the new wall doesn't have any gaps where the old wall did. My husband is ha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our house is over 100 years old and we wanted to fix part of the Michigan basement stone wall where a section had been removed to give access to a well pit.  Several companies didn't even want to consider the job.  We needed the old pit removed, basement wall built to fill the gap and fill the old pit  We also have drains put around the inside of the basement  wall and a sump pump added. We used to get puddles of water in the basement with a major rain.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/06/2014

05/24/2015

Steve and his helper were professional and very helpful. Steve gave us lots of tips to help prevent basement problems from occurring. He and his helper were quick, yet thorough. They were extremely nice and on time. I would definitely use Gold Star again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gold Star repaired cracks in our foundation. Three big cracks in one of the basement walls had marks that showed that moisture was coming in. Gold Star injected the 3 major cracks in  the wall with a special compound  to stop the walls from leaking. They also  applied an epoxy to the smaller cracks on the floor as a preventative step. Great work. No more water marks!

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/09/2015

Repairing leaking basements including: cracks in walls and floors, leaks where the floor meets the wall, inside and outside repairs, full basements and small jobs.