THOMSONS AUTO REPAIR

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20160511

5215 KALAMAZOO AVE SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49508

Mechanical auto repair. A-Z All Makes And Models....

auto repair (22)tire buying and repair (2)car inspection (1)

12/12/2017

After checking the OBD2 and getting the same results then started checking each cylinder. A mechanic found that the spark plugs I installed, even though the manual calls for the particular Bosch spark plugs that I bought at AutoZone for the Liberty, actually threaded too far into the cylinders and that some of the pistons struck the spark plugs closing the gap. The mechanic installed new, correct ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I preformed a tune up on my girl friend's Jeep Liberty (new air cleaner, new spark plugs, etc) and she started getting an error code for multiple cylinder misfires. I took the Jeep to Thompson's Auto Repair to find out what was wrong with the Jeep.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/10/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Your positive review means the world to us as it helps others find us and give us a try. Thanks again Tom Thomson

08/13/2016

As usual  all went well.  I had moved to the area a year ago and have been using Thomson's since then.   It was nice to find a repair shop that I felt I could trust. Very friendly.  Being a woman, you are not always listened to or treated with respect.  They even take the time to explain what you do not understand.   I got a different used car in January.  Since then they have been working on all ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Checked air conditioning, compresser, etc.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/23/2016

10/02/2015

First, this service was done at the location on 28th Street because that is where they have their alignment rack. I set an appointment the day before and they got me in on time. The communication was great with an explanation of what they found as they were doing the work. I was hoping to get away with the lower price front alignment only but ended up having all four done - well worth it consideri...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Four Wheel Alignment

CATEGORY auto repair,car tires

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2015

Hello [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for the positive review, It means a great deal to us. Thanks again Tom Thomson

06/29/2015

They are fantastic!  I trust them and they always do a great job.  I have 5 company vehicles and I have them service all of them plus my personal vehicles.  I would highly recommend them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Did repair work on a couple of vehicles of mine

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/04/2015

Thank you for the outstanding review it means the world to us. Tom Thomson

12/13/2014

I called around to 4 different dealerships and Auto repair shops before I got smart and jumped onto Angieslist.  Each of the 4 places I called gave me a quote of not less then $400.00.  I then did a search for auto repair near my home.  Thomsons auto repiar showed up on the list.  They had alot of reviews already, and they were offering a coupon for Angieslist members for 10% off labor up to $150....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced the driver side electric window mechanism.  Sorry cant remember the actual name of it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/04/2014

03/11/2014

First, they were willing to come to my house and look at it for a reasonable hourly rate.  After I had it towed to the shop, they examined it and (as always before) it started right up.  They detached the remote start and will waive diagnostic costs if it happens again!  Throughout the process they were very available and didn't hesitate to make clear any questions I had.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Analyze a failure to start my 2002 Oldsmobile Alero that only occasionally reoccurs, a difficult task.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/11/2014

02/11/2014

Went well but I think it ridiculous that they charged .60 hour of labor to change the fuel filter which only takes 15 mins tops. I've watched it be done before.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Recharged battery, replaced alternator, and replace fuel filter. I purchased my own parts so only cost was labor at $69 an hour.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/10/2013

Thank you for your review! A couple things to remember is not just the time it takes to take off the old filter and replace it but the time it takes to set the car up on the hoist and the time it takes to take the car down, start it, put it back up and check for leaks. Thank you again! Thomas C. Thomson

01/07/2014

It went quicker than expected, and I haven't had any problems since.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced a rear window windshield wiper motor and wiper.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/12/2013

Thank you so much for the review. The parts we put on were used parts and we only use the recycle yards that we can count on, and in doing so sometimes the price can be just a bit higher. new parts for this vehical are obsolete. Thank You again. Thomas C. Thomson

08/01/2013

The guys were very helpful, they got me up and running right away.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
air flow module needed to be replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/03/1994

Thank You so much for the great review ! customer satisfaction is our goal. We Know that auto repair is expensive and inconvenient. Thank You Thomas C. Thomson

02/25/2013

We were happy with them. They are good communicators and they were happy we brought the car to and get it work done, they did some more and then, I don’t know,  we had another problem and they just sort of drive up and talked to them about it and I just thought they’re very helpful and they were thorough. We thought that they were fair and knew what they were doing. Price was probably we chose the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We brought our daughter’s car to Thomsons Auto Repair for auto services.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/28/2012

GREAT REVIEW !!!! thank you so much ! Thomas C. Thomson / President

Brakes, Exhaust, Shock/Struts, Wheel Alignments, Tires, Radiators, Wheel Bearings, Major Mechanical. Tune Ups, Headlights, Taillights, Electrical, Computer Diagnostic, Computer Update, Starters, Alternators, Water pumps, Timing Belts, Inspections,

Remote Starter / Alarms