Control Electric Inc

A30 REVIEWS

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since May 2010

6725 Old 28th SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Control Electric, Inc. is a fully licensed and insured electrical contracting company located in Cascade Twp. Grand Rapids, Mi. We have been in business for over 25 years. Our mission is to provide a team of electrical contracting professionals dedicated to delivering the best possible service by using cost efficient planning and technical solutions, while never compromising quality workmanship or materials. Call today (616)956-7799 for a free no-obligation, competitive estimate....

electrician (29)generator repair (9)lighting installation (5)home security system (1)phone wiring (1)ceiling fan installation (1)

08/01/2018

Dan was great! Job well done, and fair price! Highly recommend!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
fix landscape lighting, took out attic fan, install ceiling fan, etc

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2018

07/05/2018

Loved working with Control Electric. They were professional, punctual and the result was high-quality.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Generator installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/05/2018

12/18/2017

Arrived early. Finished as expected. No problems reported. Results look great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed 3 new light fixtures in a vintage house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a review. It was our pleasure working with you.

01/25/2017

After installing a part it still would not work. Steve was very fair about pricing to replace my old generator. And the replacement went without a hitch. He even took care of calling a plumber to re-fit the gas line which was included in the price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called to have my generac generator repaired.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/13/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the kind review. It was our pleasure working with you.

09/24/2015

I purchased the parts and the electrician installed everything. The electrician was prompt, professional and completed the work in a timely manner.  I am very happy with the work and would recommend Control Electric to anyone who needs electrical work done.  In fact, I have already given their number to a friend of mine who was looking for an electrician.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed light above master bathroom shower.

CATEGORY electrician, lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/11/2015

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience on Angie's List. We value your feedback and you as our customer.

08/09/2015

I bought a whole house automatic generator from Costco.  But when I got quotes from various so called reputable companies to do the installation I found that they had two installation prices.  One price was for if I bought the generator from them  and then a second, much more expensive price for installing a generator bought elsewhere.  These other installers were very arrogant and aggressive.  I ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hookup of 17kw generator. Thereafter annual service and dealing with the manufacturer to resolve warranty issues

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2013

05/14/2015

Called this morning for an appointment.  An electrician was at my door by noon. Electrician found hot to hot short in split circuit  outlets. He fixed the problem  Would definitely use this business again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
troubleshooting a circuit breaker that tripped and would spark when reset.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/14/2015

D

10/07/2014

Contacted at the end of August for a generator estimate. Was told would receive within 10 days. We called again after 21/2 weeks and were told Steve was out of town and we should get an answer within a few days. Six weeks later,still no estimate and when we followed up, he just said he wasnt good at following through. Asked if We had gotten other estimates, then seemed surprised and offended that ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Visited home for estimate

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2014

05/01/2014

It was a gift. They were professional. They cleaned up their mess, though there was hardly any. They did have to run the line through the house. Everything was done great. They were here and there were no problems with punctuality. They did a fabulous job and I didn’t have to sweat one thing or anything. They were in and out and it works great. We have never had a problem with it. I would recommen...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used them to have a generator installed.

CATEGORY generator installers

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/13/2013

01/20/2014

I was having drywall replaced and decided at the last minute that we could use more lighting in that room.  Control Electric was able to squeeze us in the following day so that we didn't hold up our drywaller.  They were very professional and prompt.  I can't remember the exact price, but it was very fair for the amount of work done and the cans provided.  I will definitely hire them again for fut...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Added new can lighting.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2013

Electrical. Panel & Service Upgrades. Circuit Breakers & Fuses. Outlets & Switches. Dryer & Range Circuits. Smoke Detectors. Indoor & Outdoor Lighting. Home Rewiring & Code Corrections. Recessed Lighting. Attic & Bath Exhaust Fans. Ceiling Fans. Troubleshooting & Repair. Circuit Installations. Ground Fault Interrupt Installations. TV, Data, & Comm Lines. Generators. Transformers. Dimming Systems. HVAC Wiring.