MGM CARPENTRY

A24 REVIEWS

Founded 1999 • Angie's List since October 2006

1542 N Cedar Rd

FOWLERVILLE, MI, 48836

We are MGM Carpentry, an owner operated full service carpentry business. We specialize in crown molding, casing, base, kitchens, doors, mantles, and other custom building for your home. Please reach out to us directly via phone or message me directly by using the option on our profile. We look forward to speaking to you about your project. We currently do not offer any type of painting services. Thank you. ...

Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (21)Unfinished Carpentry (7)Siding (3)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (3)Windows (1)Radio Service (1)Handyman Services (1)

11/11/2019

Fantastic! Mike came as planned for the estimate and we set the date for installation. The weather was terrible, but he called to tell me when he would arrive. He had everything he needed, completed the job safely, quickly, and perfectly. Very personable and pleasant to work with! Extremely pleased with his work!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install Shutters

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/11/2019

07/03/2019

We contacted MGM on 5/8/19 about our job. We are having interior and exterior work done our fireplace. We were looking for someone to remove mantel and re-build and /or re-install after new fireplace installed with drywall work needed. As it isn’t a huge job we explained that up front in case they weren’t interested in a smaller job. We were assured they were and Mike came to look and estimate. He...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fireplace mantel removed and re-installed with drywall work.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2019

We have gave over a three week advance notice stating that we could not do the scope of work provided in that amount of time frame. Almost a month out is plenty of time to refrain from a job that has been quoted. There is no money to put down or made to insure that yes a super small job even though it was, was left for over a month with no serious inquires made. Over 15 and a half years with strai...

01/31/2018

Mike did an an amazing job with our built-ins surrounding our fireplace. He was a pleasure to work with and after our initial meeting with him, we knew that he would make us happy and build exactly what we wanted. He is professional, skilled, and courteous. The space surrounding our fireplace had different dimensions on both sides so he had to build two different sized built-ins, but still make th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Built ins surrounding fireplace

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed], you were awesome to work with , and not to mention a fabulous designer of the built ins. I’m so glad you are happy and I hope you enjoy them for years to come with your family. Thank you again [Member Name Removed]!

01/18/2018

MGM Carpentry is awesome and a must hire for carpentry work. After an initial positive outreach with Mike for an estimate in December 2017, I hired Mike in January 2018 to complete significant trim and carpentry work for our new construction house in Novi. The scope of work included the following: wainscoting (entry and two story), one/two-piece crown molding, door trim, mudroom cubbies/lockers, a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chair rail and wainscoting, crown molding, mudroom lockers, bead board wall, etc.

CATEGORY contractors, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/18/2018

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed], you were a pleasure to work with and very easy going, I'm sure we will see you again!

10/18/2017

I have a small condo, so things are tight. very respectful of my furniture and carpet. I wanted to prepaint all my molding, and I am not fast, worked with me with this. They wore crocks so they took off their shoes, try to finds friends to do that let alone a contractor. Everything was completed on time. A few minor gliches, but they were fixed the next day. Cleaned up and took all residual materi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
crown molding and floor molding. Replace closet doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/11/2017

08/02/2017

Excellent finish carpenter! Were told door would have to be replaced costing around $4000. The door and mechanism works great so got lucky and found this carpenter with great experience. Definitely will use again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced framing on Peachtree Citadel sliding patio door.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/02/2017

03/05/2017

Mike promptly came and gave an estimate for the project. Once hired, he returned on time and with help. Given the amount of decorative trim, it would be easy to see if it was off which it is not. He took his time to insure that the molding was put up correctly and was what I wanted. It looks great and I would hire him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mike installed decorative molding to my house and removed cosmetic pillars

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/08/2016

10/24/2016

I emailed via Angie's list but they wrote back that they are too busy with other projects. I do find it odd when companies don't investigate possible sources of income (this would have been an easy job to make some money) but I appreciated that they didn't waste my time. So overall I gave them a good grade for responsiveness.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed two bathrooms remodeled

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

10/03/2016

Mike, Travis, and Dave were timely and professional. They did quality work with attention to detail. They were conscientious and were careful with our home. We were very pleased with the results. We highly recommend MGM Carpentry and we would definitely call them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
MGM Carpentry rebuilt a fireplace mantel, installed extensive moldings and wood trim, including crown moldings, wainscoting, and chair rails in our home.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2016

12/23/2015

I hired MGM to install various trim and moulding in our nursery and they were able to complete the project within two week of hiring them.  The project was completed within one day and the quality of the trim installation was great.  I'm very happy with the work that was done and would definitely consider them for future projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed crown moulding build-up and full wall wainscoting in our nursery.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/14/2015

Thanks for the awesome review. Awesome homeowners and would love to work with you guys again! Enjoy you new baby and nursery!!