Motor City Builders

A 137 Reviews

Founded 1939 • Angie's List since June 2009

2501 S Saginaw St

Flint, MI 48503

In business since 1939, family owned and started by Bob Poirier then sold to his son David in 1981. Currently run by David and his son Matt. Motor City Builders services Genesee and surrounding counties in the mid-Michigan area. Specializing in everything from windows and siding to an entirely new build. Motor City Builders is a dependable company with a reputation for service, pricing and quality. The company prides itself on the fact that most business is the result of referrals from happy customers whose satisfaction is due to impeccable customer service and quality workmanship, all at a fair price. Be sure to contact the Motor City Builders sales team to schedule an appointment for a free estimate. We'll come to your home, discuss your vision and work together in an effort to make your dream a reality. We look forward to hearing from you!...

home remodeling (107)roofing (44)home remodeling (34)siding (26)window replacement (25)door installation (17)general contracting (14)woodworking (7)garage building (6)deck building (5)basement remodeling (3)drywall repair (15)

04/03/2019

It went very well. They suggested some add-ons like windows as well as replacing some windows. He also worked with me on the style of the exterior of the addition.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Built an addition with a basement.

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/14/2018

03/21/2019

Job was completed on time with professional workers and within budget with excellent quality.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
An additional bedroom on our lower level

CATEGORY contractors,drywall,electrician,flooring,lighting,remodeling,woodworking,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters,doors,basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/21/2019

01/01/2019

Entire job took about 3 months, but result is fantastic. Dave, Matt, and the whole crew at Motor City Builders are great to deal with. I recommend you contact them about your next building or remodeling project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Room addition

CATEGORY contractors,concrete repair,drywall,electrician,gutter repair,lighting,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,home builders

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/17/2018

Thanks for the nice review. We at MCB all enjoyed building your addition you and your mrs were great to work for. Enjoy your sunrooom addition.

12/18/2018

Motor City helped us transform a lake front cottage into a family home. 900 Sqft of addition were added to the existing home. ~75% of the existing structure was demolished and rebuilt. The job required a lot of ingenuity and creativity. Dave and his crew helped us from the design phase through the building process making necessary adjustments through the life of the project. Communication was alwa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Addition and Complete Home Remodel

CATEGORY contractors,concrete repair,gutter repair,hardwood floor repair,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,chimney repair,home builders,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/18/2018

Thank you for the nice review. It was a great pleasure working with you. Enjoy your new home.

12/02/2018

Worker did excellent job in very cold weather with snow on roof. Hard worker. Have had compliments on how much better gutters looked.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Clean, seal and secure gutters, two storey home.

CATEGORY gutter repair,remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/14/2018

03/20/2018

In short, it went fantastic. I had a large hip and valley roof and a detached garage that needed the roof replaced, and from the day Mike came to give the estimate I was impressed. First, the price was very reasonable compared to the other estimates I received. Mike was very detailed in what work he and his crew would be doing, what materials they would be using, and explained why on each detail. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof tear off and replacement

CATEGORY remodeling,roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/19/2018

03/13/2018

Great service. Quick response to give an estimate. Work was scheduled and completed very timely. Very happy with the all around service from this guy. I would highly recommend. Now I’m just waiting for a lot of rain again to make sure it’s not leaking. I will update if necessary

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof Repair

CATEGORY roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2018

02/27/2018

Part of the repairs were taken care of with our homeowners insurance, then we wanted some updates to items not affected by the water. We are thrilled with how our kitchen looks. Matt and his workers were fantastic. They were dedicated to doing a top notch job. They always let us know what time they were coming and were always on time. They worked hard the entire time they were here. Each person wa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had our kitchen drain replaced and the rest of the kitchen redone except for the cabinets. We had flooring, countertops, sink, faucets, and garbage disposal. Our floor had gotten water damaged when we were on vacation. They came and gave us a temporary drain right away which served us well until the rest of the work could be scheduled.

CATEGORY electrician,flooring,plumbing,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/27/2018

01/11/2018

Not to my liken would not recommend.Had to supply own siding.Had to inform about broken material .Never was shown break down off job.Went from 14x28 down to 16x20 at same price also walls 11ft down to 10ft didn't adjust for different.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Garage Made decion on his own.

CATEGORY remodeling,garage builders

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/11/2018

11/06/2017

Called in late August when I found the leak. We scheduled a visit to get an estimate for just after Labor Day. They no called/no showed the estimate. I have tried calling multiple times, and have gotten 0 response. I am very unimpressed with the contractors on a whole in the area. It’s November and Im still trying to get my roof fixed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed new roof on an old home.

CATEGORY roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2018

My name is Dave the owner of motor city builders and all calls from Angie's come to me I never talked to you before you post a negative remark get you facts straight

New construction, Remodeling, Kitchens, Baths, Additions, Garages, Windows, Doors, Roofing, Siding, Concrete, and Much More.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available