Creative Wood Products

B22 REVIEWS

Founded 1986 • Angie's List since June 2008

3201 W Thompson Rd.

Fenton, MI 48430

Additional DBA - Creative Wood Products L.L.C. email- steve@cwpdeck.com...

Decks and Porches (22)

10/14/2019

He responded the very next day & explained that seeing I would be having it done in spring I should wait to get a quote then. I appreciated that he got back with me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed a quote on having a deck built

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2019

11/01/2018

Never called to setup an appointment or provide an estimate

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair decking with composite

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2018

05/30/2017

Steve came to our home within days of my original call and spent over an hour measuring and inspecting. He provided a quote within a week of his visit. He was not the lowest price among the quotes we obtained, but he definitely gave me the most detailed quote and provided a lot of good options/suggestions. He gave me a start date that was met. His crew was on site on time every day until the job w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was looking to get my 18 year old deck re-built and was hoping to be able to re-use the existing framework.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/28/2017

C

04/13/2016

All of the other contractors could provide a quote for the deck immediately, Creative Wood Products said they would have to get back to me in 1.5 weeks.  They never followed-up with a quote.  Poor business practice for never following-up.  Guess they didn't need my business.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Came out for a consultation on a deck installation.  Very knowledgeable on products, but would not install Trex decking, which is what we were considering.  They did offer an alternative, PVC.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/22/2016

07/18/2014

Had a very nice visit from Steve, who promised to give us a quote within three weeks (which is ridiculous). Never heard from him again. Followed up twice -- no response. UPDATE: Steve called to make a sincere apology, and delivered our requested quote just two days later. I understand that things sometimes slip through the cracks, and appreciate the effort to make it right. Thus, I'm raising the o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Nothing.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/31/2014

Hi [member name removed], I wanted to apologize for not getting back to you regarding your project quote. I am not sure how I missed your messages, but I did and that is definitely my fault. I will call you shortly , instead of just replying in this email. I did want to say that the 3 week timeframe for me getting back to you with the quote did include the time that I was going to be out of town o...

05/13/2014

Our old wood deck was deteriorated to the point that it was no longer an enhancement to our home.  The wood had developed rot and was not safe to walk on in some areas.  Since we liked the design, size and color of the original deck, we wanted to duplicate those features.  However, the exception was the material the deck would be constructed from.  Our new deck would have to be built using a mater...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete tear down of existing wood deck, including, haul away of old decking.  Duplicated the design and measurements of the previous wood deck.  The new construction would consisted of Gossen Brand Cellular PVC decking material in Canyon Brown color.  Fifteen low voltage L.E.D. lights were installed on stair fascia's.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/09/2014

11/15/2013

Steve was very professional and provided a complete plan along with options on the quote. Unfortunately we had a death in the family that caused us to delay our plans but we would have selected Creative Wood Products and will do so in the future.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/21/2013

09/08/2013

Great work and attention to detail.  Very responsible and courteous.  The workers are very detail oriented and talented.  Great workmanship!  Hit a gas line and electric line through no fault of theirs (Miss Dig miss marked) and they were very attentive and worked with Consumers to correct the problem even in the middle of the night!  Very experienced!  Highly recommended!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced 2 decks

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2013

05/14/2013

They were incredible.  The workmanship was top-notch and they were extremely professional not only in the building and installing the railings but in their recommendations.  They made sure that the underside/support of the original deck was in good shape and brought everything up to code.  It has been a year since the job has been complete and the deck looks brand new!  I definitely recommend this...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I already had new poly flooring on my deck, but my railings and steps were falling apart, so they installed amazing cedar railings, steps and installed an "apron" of cedar from where the deck ended and the ground.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2012

04/15/2013

The men sent by Creative Wood were professional, on time, worked the whole day and were excellent at their trade.  I have no complaints.  They worked everyday until the job was complete.  They identified potential problems and solved them.  Most of all, the team seemed to actually enjoy what they did which made it fun.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Creative wood products turned my old deck into a screened in porch heaven.  They rebuilt the deck foundation before putting up a beautiful screened in porch.  They met all my requests and made a cool addition to the deck so you can walk right out of the kitchen sliding door and out the side of the deck to get to the grill.  All the trim and finishes are perfectly done.  The rebuilt stairs are great with lights on each stair which look so cool at night.  They also coordinated with the electrician so that a outdoor ceiling fan was installed that you can control from right inside the kitchen sliding door.  You can look out the living room, dining room and kitchen onto the porch and it looks great from each room.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2012

Decks, gazebos, enclosures, additions & general remodeling.