MGE CARPENTRY INC

Founded 1995 • Angie's List since March 2006

Michigan Deck Builder specializing in outdoor decks in a variety of materials including treated wood, cedar wood, and Trex. We also design and build wheelchair ramps to accommodate any situation....

Arvoy Painting and Design LLC

Interior painting, drywall repair, home repair, plumbing, 1-2 employees. Work guaranteed & free estimates. We are committed to delivering quality work at competitive price. Let us put our experience to work for you!

11/05/2018

Fast and easy at a reasonable price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cabinet installation

CATEGORY woodworking

06/19/2017

Our patio and pergola are beautiful. We have received numerous compliments from our all kinds of contractors, some of which have said it is the nicest pergola they have ever seen. I would hire again in a hot second. The price below includes the staining and waterproofing costs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In 2015, MGE Carpentry built a pergola. They were subcontracted by the company that installed our patio. I meant to review at the time but never got around to doing so.

CATEGORY decks,woodworking

11/08/2016

Very pleased with the end result. Mike and his team are very professional. He was very busy during the project, but was still very responsive. The price was very reasonable, and was in-line with other bids I received. I'd recommend and use them again for another project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They built a 14'x6' deck for me. TREX and glass.

CATEGORY decks

We are very glad that you are happy with your project [Removed Member Name]. Everyone here is a big fan of that style of glass railing. We hope you enjoy for years to come! Tony

11/02/2016

Michael was professional and very receptive to our ideas. He organized the concrete tearout which went perfectly. Then when we wanted to alter somewhat the placement of the footings he did so without any fuss or surcharge. His crew is exceptional....they were professional, efficient, and hard workers. Hector the foreman is a gem...they are lucky to have him. They cleaned up and hauled everything a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed our 25-year-old deck completely torn down (because it is over a walkout basement that included the footings and the concrete on the lower level), and then rebuilt.

CATEGORY decks

Thanks you [Member Name Removed]. I saw the finished product first hand, and was especially impressed with your deck, and I've seen some really nice decks before. Enjoy! Tony

09/01/2016

It didn't go well. Mike submitted a plan for an elevated deck, with railings. We explained that the plan wouldn't work because that height would be very awkward with the existing bay window. We asked him to revise it, which he agreed to do, but we never received the new plan or price. Perhaps a week later, his secretary called to asked if we wanted to continue with the work. I explained that we de...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We originally asked for a quote on a deck, but ultimately needed only a nice landing with rails and wide, deep stairs.

CATEGORY decks

We are sorry for your poor experience. I do see notes on our system that show various follow up emails were sent as early as August and with email and voicemail follow ups as late as October. Looks like we definitely had some miscommunication during the process. We are here to help if you would ever require further assistance. Tony

Custom designed and built wood and composite decks including Trex and Moistureshield. We are a Trex Pro Platinum installer. We also design and build finished basements.

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Financing Available, American Express