Cedar Works

Founded 1995 • Angie's List since March 2007

Cedar Works has been in the business of building decks for over 20 years. Because we are committed to building the finest quality decks available, we’ve also built our reputation as the top deck builder in Southeast Michigan. Owner Jamie Ruddy received his degree in Building Construction Management from Michigan State University and went onto amass years of hands-on building experience as his company grew. Jamie is personally involved in overseeing the construction of each and every deck from the design process to the finished product. Jamie’s deck expertise is built on extensive training and certification in several composite deck materials. He is also a certified Trex Platinum pro deck installer. Cedar Works is made up of a committed crew of deck builders who will bring years of experience to your deck project....

You Got A Guy Construction LLC

We are a quality first company focused on professional basement finishing. Our team of tradesmen is ready to listen to your ideas and create a new space based on your needs. We have the talent and experience necessary to achieve the results you're looking for. For fastest response please text me at (248) 894-3210 or email me at Yougotaguy@gmail.com

Award 2019

03/14/2020

Jamie and his crew were wonderful to work with. He gave us a clear estimate of the work to be done. Since we live in a condo, we had association guidelines to comply with and Jamie was great in making suggestions to both meet those guidelines and give us the beautiful deck we envisioned. The professionalism of both Jamie and his workers was outstanding.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We replaced a second story deck on our condo with Trex.

06/06/2019

I'm super happy with our deck! I'm not sure if we got just lucky to have Chad (one of the crew staff who actually built decks) work on our deck, but the quality and craftsmanship he and his team put in is so precise, beyond our expectation - we are really impressed. I think his standards and "common sense" are so high that we did not have to tell him anything while the deck was being built. He did...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Deck (new)

05/23/2019

Had an appointment for them to come out today. They call 40 minutes before appointment to cancel. Apparently my project was too small.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed board for board deck replacement.

CATEGORY decks

Hello [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry but Cedar Works does not do repairs. Our office manager was not aware it was for a board replacement. When we realized that we gave you a call to let you know. If we can help you with anything in the future please let us know.

03/30/2019

The representative never showed up during the appointment time, and did not call to cancel, reschedule, or let me know they couldn’t make it. When I called to inquire, my calls went to voicemail. I left messages, but nobody responded even though I called during the posted business hours.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I scheduled an appointment to have someone come out to my location and bid on a deck project. This project was for new construction as well as a refinish of an existing structure.

CATEGORY decks

I met with the homeowner at his house at the scheduled time on Saturday 4-6-19. He was emailed the quote within 24 hrs and acknowledged he received it and thanked me for the quote.. [Member Name Removed] told me he thought I was scheduled to be there the week before at same time on Saturday. Also, we are not open to receive calls on weekends. We both apologized for the mix up and moved on. [Member...

09/28/2018

Jamie came out to take measurements and he then emailed to me the quote a few days later. A lot of the other companies didn't even come out to see the deck, but based their estimates on my measurements. The workers did an excellent job and cleaned up very well afterward.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace old boards and steps and fix frame.

CATEGORY decks

Custom deck builder, cedar, replacement, resurfacing, pavers, roofing, sun rooms, gazebos & basement remodeling.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available