Great Dane Heating & Air Conditioning

• Trade License Expiration
  • 08/31/2019

36611 Gratiot Ave

Clinton Township, MI 48035

Great Dane Heating and Air Conditioning is your award winning Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer serving the Metro Detroit area since 1999. Great Dane was conceived by Mr. Josh Bigelow, with the idea that your service or installation experience should be worry free and focus on customer needs. As homeowners, too often we have heard of contractor experiences that were less than perfect or down right horrific. Therefore, Mr. Bigelow started Great Dane with the idea that everyone should be able to, “Experience the Service You Deserve!” This idea has evolved into not only into the company motto, but into the pillar of the Great Dane experience. Since 1999, the Great Dane team has successfully embraced this concept and integrated this philosophy to build one of this nation’s most highly recognized heating and cooling teams. Great Dane is the only Carrier Dealer in Michigan to receive the prestigious Carrier President's Award 8 times including 2018. Great Dane is also 1 one of only 7 North American Technician Excellence Quality Circle Contractors serving southeast Michigan....

hvac repair (133)water heater repair and installation (11)gas leak repair (2)chimney cap repair (2)

08/24/2020

Salesperson was very knowledgeable and provided information about the products and the company. Salesperson was on-time and provided a detailed written quote.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
gas furnace and AC.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/06/2020

07/24/2020

Run away and don’t look back if you want to keep your hard earned money and save your perfectly good system from getting busted. Got a simple $10 AC capacitor change and got charged $310+ for a 15 minute visit. Technician left the service line caps open despite noticing issues with the valve and gasket. Even had to remind him to check the temperature difference. As a result refrigerant leaked comp...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC Capacitor change - cost $310 for $5-10 part plus caused BUSTED compressor and wanted to SELL A NEW SYSTEM

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/19/2020

We regret you that you feel we are responsible for your air conditioner not working. You contacted us to repair your 23 year old air conditioner that was not working at all and we performed the service after normal business hours which is why the service call was charged at the after hours rates. Our service technician began the diagnostic part of his service call by opening the service valves at ...

04/24/2020

Great. They did the whole job in one day. Neat installation. they used carpeting to protect basement stairs from getting dirty. Courteous technicians.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New furnace, thermostat, water heater, bigger air cleaner and air purifier.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/25/2020

01/05/2020

Replace controller on gas water heater,m

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Great service. After a 11pm request on Angie’s list, they called the next morning. They had a tech out in the field which was able to come within a few hours. Service to replace the controller was done efficiently. Weekend service is a bit more expensive, but the details were explainedg before I confirmed the service call. All the people I spoke with were helpful provided helpful explanations and were very courteous.

CATEGORY water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/07/1970

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and we are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the service we provided. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future! [Member Name Removed]. Ford Manager

12/18/2019

They were very efficient, We made an appointment, they came out on time. There was a part he had to get and he came back right after he got the part. I haven't had any problem since then. I felt great about then fact that I didn't have to worry about anything.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They came out to check on a noise that I thought were coming from my Furnace. They checked on my furnace , cleaned it and did preventive maintenance. They told me that the noise were coming from one of the vent and advised to get my vent cleaned.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/18/2019

We appreciate your review and for choosing Great Dane. We look forward to serving you again in the future! S. Ford Manager

06/30/2019

The tech that arrived was nothing short of perfect. He explained my situation concerning my AC unit and then he simply gave me options. The best part is that he never tried to sell me more and he didn't sneak in any unnecessary work. I will use Great Dane again. If you are looking for a heating cooling company, I would highly recommend Great Dane due to: Trust, Knowledge, & Ability to complete you...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
First off, the date in May of 2019 and the overall price is my best guess, I do not have the paperwork in front of me right now. The tech who came to my house was the best-he was smart, thoughtful, and he did a solid job! Outstanding work. I will hire this company when I replace my AC/furnace.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/23/2019

Thank you for sharing your service experience. We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience and we look forward to serving you again in the future! S. Ford Manager

02/06/2019

Technician did all the furnace check and made needed adjustments. Explained what was done and why. Great Job and Great Company. Thank you

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Yearly maintenance furnace check up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/27/2018

Thank you for choosing Great Dane for your recent furnace check up. We appreciate you taking the time to review our services and we look forward to serving you again! S. Ford Manager

12/19/2018

Professional. Knowledgeable. Quality work. Always on time. We highly recommend. My sons use Great Dane exclusively and so do I.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Heating and cooling problems

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/19/2018

Thank you for choosing Great Dane. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family! S. Ford Manager

11/27/2018

1 star If I could give zero stars I would....lrts start from the beginning I called at 510 PM for a furnace issue was explained by dispatch Kristen ( very rude) that the cost of a service call would be $134.95 ...I reluctantly agreed....my service tech arrives and diagnosis my problem in 2 minutes says the switch was off...I ask him for a discount because of what happened he calls dispatch Kristen...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inspection

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/26/2018

11/24/2018

Installers were punctual, clean, friendly and efficient. This is the second opportunity we used Great Dane service, the first was in an emergency situation when our hot water tank blew. For the second time, Great Dane delivered exceptional services. Wesley and Justin we respectful to our home and kind to our dog. They worked non stop on a cold day to make sure our furnace was installed quickly. Th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furnace, AC, Humidifier, Air Cleaner, UV anti-bacteria lamp

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that our entire team made your experience great! We hope your new system provides you years of savings and comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again!! Appreciatively, S. Ford Manager

Residential and commercial repair, maintenance, installation. furnace, central air, ductless air conditioning, boilers, standby generators, custom duct, zoning, air cleaners. humidifiers, UV air purifiers, water heaters & tankless water heaters.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available