Sodonis Group

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

2709 Buckingham Ave

Birmingham, MI 48009

Sodonis Group is committed to turning your vision into reality, taking the time to listen to your needs and delivering an exceptional finished product. Communication and post-project relationships are very important to us, we're always available for questions and concerns. Contact us for a free estimate....

Drywall (32)General Remodeling (19)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (11)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (10)Interior Painting (10)Electrical (9)Basement Remodeling (9)Basement Waterproofing (8)Lighting (6)Handyman Services (5)Doors (5)Unfinished Carpentry (4)

03/07/2017

No response.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Requested a quote for second story remodel.

CATEGORY remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/16/2016

This person has the wrong company. We have no record of her ever contacting us. Thanks for making sure you're reviewing the right company [Member Name Removed]! It also states we completed her job in November 2016. Kinda hard to do if we never contacted her.
C

09/03/2013

Matt came to our house to provide a quote - he seemed very professional. He brought a copy of his insurance and licence for our records which I thought was proactive. However, after a few email correspondence I never heard back from him. Last email was that he was still working on our proposal. We obviously went with someone else for the job seeing that a few months have gone by, but I was disapoi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We were tearing down a wall between our kitchen and family room, and also remodeling our fireplace.

CATEGORY drywall

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/23/2013

07/24/2013

Matt did a great job on our family room. He met with us several times to get a clear idea of what we wanted done. Walls, brick & paneling were removed, replaced by new studs,drywall, doors & trim. All new electrical wiring, fixtures & outlets were installed along with  5 GFI's. A new stair railing was installed and stained to match a custom built fireplace. The hearth & surround were tiled and har...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete family room remodel & electrical work

CATEGORY contractors, drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, fireplaces, woodworking, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2013

07/15/2013

Very prompt, professional and just 100% pleased with Matt and his workers.  Right from the beginning Matt called me right back for a prompt and reasonable quote.  He pays attention to details, listens to your concerns and then was very professional with his opinion.  We immediately felt comfortable and knew we could trust him to do a great job and it definitely was worth it ! They even cleaned up ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall work in basement - repaired bottom portion of drywall in basement that we had to have removed due to putting in a basement waterproofing system.

CATEGORY drywall, handyman service, basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2013

04/30/2013

The overall experience with Matt was very professional and warm. I am very happy with his services.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Matt, the owner of Sodonis was helping me to separate one big rooms into two rooms with building an additional wall, closets and one door. I also asked Matt to help me to fix one facet and a door frame. Matt was very professional and polite.

CATEGORY drywall, remodeling, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/30/2013

03/15/2013

They price was comparable. The workmanship was great.  They did an excellent job.  It was a really good experience.  I would use them again and I would highly recommend them to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They fixed two leaks. I had a crack in my basement foundation and they fixed the cracks, the leaks, and did the reconstruction, which included some drywall replacement and painting.

CATEGORY concrete repair, drywall, remodeling, basement waterproofing, interior painters, foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/13/2013

01/18/2013

They did very well. I would consider getting a quote from them next time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We received a rough quote from them last spring for some rough carpentry work.

CATEGORY contractors

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/28/2012

01/16/2013

Sodonis group was great. Matt came out for the estimate, and compared to the two other companies we tried, he really took the time to listen to our needs. He made sure we understood everything from start to finish (my wife and I don't know much about home improvements), and followed up with us a couple weeks after the completion to make sure we were satisfied. The finish product was exactly as we ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had are kitchen remodeled. New cabinets, granite countertops, hardwood floors, and a tile backsplash. As well as a new custom wood fireplace mantel

CATEGORY countertops, drywall, hardwood floor repair, remodeling, fireplaces, woodworking, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/22/2012

09/23/2012

Overall start to finish went great. Matt first came out and took a look at the basement and we talked about what we wanted. Later that night Matt emailed us a quote. Since we didn't know much about this kind of stuff we called to ask some questions and he sat and answered all our questions in a way we could actually understand. I had called around to a couple other people for quotes too but they a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was referred to Sodonis Group by a friend and did my research on Angie's list and Yelp. The reviews are all true they do an exceptional job! My basement had hold paneling and was completely outdated which was an eye sore as my home has an open concept with no door leading down to the basement. Matt removed all the old paneling and rickety 2x4s and put in new framing and drywall. The basement was also, electrical outlets, painted, pipes boxed out and carpet outsourced. It looks fantastic! It is now my husband's "man cave" and he is loving watching games down there in peace and quiet.  Also, when Matt was finished, we were so impressed with his work we had him paint a couple bedrooms upstairs and fix a few odds and ends around the house. I would definitely recommend Sodonis Group. They do a fantastic job!

CATEGORY drywall, remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/16/2012

06/10/2012

Matt Sodonis gave us the most competitive quote of the three contractors we contacted for bids from Angie's list.  he was also very honest with us about what was "do-able" and would work with our home. (We initially wanted to build a 1st floor powder room adjacent to the kitchen, but there really was no way to do this well - and Matt gave us his honest opinion on this.)  Matt is a nice guy to work...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We bought a foreclosure home in Royal Oak and needed to do extensive renovations.  The home had been rented out to various people and had substandard modifications and installations.  Matt and his team provided a variety of services including:Complete remodel of the kitchen, building and installation of IKEA cabinets, remediation of mold we found (surprise!) after the removal of the old cabinets (removal of old wall down to studs to get rid of mold, installation of new dry-wall).  Sodonis Group also remodeled our master bathroom that had been initially converted from a bedroom on the cheap by the old owners.  They constructed a closet, moved the  plumbing and vent systems accordingly and installed a new sink and toilet.  They also built a custom-made floor to ceiling bookcase in our bedroom.  This made ugly or wasted space much more useful and beautiful.  Sodonis Group did many other smaller jobs we had requested, such as interior paining, removal and replacement of exterior side door, reinforcing basement stairs, adding an additional step, refilling the insulation in the basement crawl space, correcting plumbing problems in both our bathrooms, re-tiling areas of the bath, and installing ceiling fans.

CATEGORY contractors, closet systems, drywall, insulation, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2012

Kitchen, Bathroom, Basement & General Remodeling, Interior Design, Carpentry, Deck Maintenance, Basement Waterproofing, Doors, Electrical, & Handymen Services.

Electrical and Plumbing