Sodonis Group

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

2709 Buckingham Ave

Birmingham, MI 48009

Sodonis Group is committed to turning your vision into reality, taking the time to listen to your needs and delivering an exceptional finished product. Communication and post-project relationships are very important to us, we're always available for questions and concerns. Contact us for a free estimate....

Drywall (32)General Remodeling (19)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (11)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (10)Interior Painting (10)Electrical (9)Basement Remodeling (9)Basement Waterproofing (8)Lighting (6)Handyman Services (5)Doors (5)Unfinished Carpentry (4)

05/06/2016

I explained it had been leaking for a very long time, was a huge mess, and just smelled awful. They told me "No, you'll need a plumber." I asked them for a phone number for a plumber and they hung up on me! I think they're ignoring me because I'm hearing impaired. I'm very upset.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called them about a leaking pipe in my basement.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/05/2016

This person has never contacted us. If you keep reading our reviews, this doesn't even sound like us. I would also like to point out, she does not live at our place of work, as stated in the address she left.

03/30/2016

Went great. Both Matt and Kari are fantastic. They did a better job that I could have imagined. They do a great job at staying on task and budget yet always bouncing new ideas off of you to make sure you get what you want. I would highly recommend using them

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Matt and Kari Leigh designs finished and remodeled our entire basement.

CATEGORY drywall, interior designers, remodeling, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/26/2016

11/12/2015

Matt and his crew did a great job.  His price was significantly less than other bids we received so we were a bit concerned the quality wouldn't be there.  Not to worry.  They did a fine job.  I've recommended him to friends and family. A couple things though. We did use the painter he suggested and weren't too happy with the job she did.  She was there three days and she missed a lot of spots.  S...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Due to extensive damage from a flood, we decided to totally re-do our basement.  As a result, Sodonis ripped out the remaining paneling and started from scratch.  They replaced the ceiling tiles that we previously had and installed a drywall ceiling.  We also went from paneling to drywall.  Matt also had to do extensive electrical re-wiring, including fixing taking care of some concerns we had before the flood.

CATEGORY drywall, electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2015

I just want to point out, the job only ran about 2 weeks over, Although we never rush quality, some of that was due to a scheduled vacation (customer was informed before we started project), and some changes in the scope of work. Originally customer was going to paint, then decided to hire it out, we usually do it in house, but due to scheduling restraints, had to recommend someone else. This revi...
C

11/01/2015

I called and left a voice message describing the work that was needed, along with all of my contact information.  They returned my call and left a voice mail over a week later telling me that they were booked up for the next few months.  It was pretty clear that they weren't interested in my business, or even in speaking with me in person about my timetable. I'll remember that.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
nothing

CATEGORY drywall

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/12/2015

We are a small company. Small on purpose because it allows us to pay more attention to detail which results in a better finish product. It would be foolish to take on more work than we are capable of handling. We're sorry if that upset [member name removed], we hope she gets the help she needs.

07/14/2015

Matt Sodonis and his very professional crew (Steve and Ryan) didn't just remodel our basement - they literally transformed it from a basic family space into a beautifully finished and comfortable living space.  There was a delay in actually beginning the project, due to change requests on the two jobs prior to ours.  However, Matt was great at keeping us informed of the issues. Once begun, the pro...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sodonis Group remodeled flood-damaged basement: 1) Removed wood paneling and furring strips from foundation walls and interior walls, four doors, moldings from family room, bedroom and stairwell. Removed sheet rock , moldings from bathroom; 2) framed foundation walls, installed new/additional electrical outlets in all rooms, finished all rooms and stairwell in sheet rock, installed crown and cove moldings, new doors, painted all.

CATEGORY drywall, electrician, remodeling, woodworking, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/09/2015

04/30/2015

Matt is pretty amazing.  He does most of the work himself and takes tremendous pride in doing it right (he will tell you he is the product of two perfectionist parents :-))  You can be assured that he will do the best job possible and pay attention to every detail. The flip side of that is it takes him a long time to complete a job, but it is worth every minute. You can also count on Matt to keep ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen - Removed existing backsplash and installed a new (beautiful!) one.  He also applied veneer on the end portions of my kitchen cabinets, so I could stain them to match the cabinet doors Hallway Bathroom - Removed the existing tile, cabinet, mirror, plumbing, lighting & toilet and replaced it all with new product. Also did an amazing job of repairing walls and painted the room Master Bathroom - Complete renovation.  Built a door-less, walk-in shower (love it!), replaced the tile, installed cabinets, faucets, recessed mirror, lighting and toilet.  Also installed an exhaust fan where none existed before and painted the room.

CATEGORY custom cabinets, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, ceiling fans, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2014

04/26/2015

Matt and his team were great to work with. We never had any issues with them working on our house and they were always willing to work with us to help reduce the costs and make our basement exactly how we wanted it. The project ran longer than expected but Matt was very thorough and made sure everything was finished the right way. Matt kept us up to date with the progress of our remodel and was up...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General remodeling, basement. Matt and his team framed and dry walled 3/4s of our basement and part of our unfinished ceiling. They primed the drywall and installed all trim. They also put in two doors and built two shelves in our pantry. They had all electrical work done for a number of outlets and light switches. They boxed out three basement windows. They installed a support pole that was missing and boxed out all support poles.

CATEGORY drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/16/2015

04/10/2015

I didn't have any work done because their 1st available slot was 6 weeks or so out.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They called me back within one day and were very professional.

CATEGORY drywall

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2015

03/16/2015

Matt is a whirl wind of activity, has he an energy level that is pretty remarkable.  He gets things done quickly and efficiently and is amazing at cleaning up after himself.  He has an eye for what needs to be done and is good at figuring out difficult fixes.  He did multiple small jobs well for us, that in all turned out to be one big job. He was a pleasure to have around, conscientious and trust...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General overhaul on multiple areas of our house that needed repair,  Dry wall, built custom cabinetry, plumbing, install towel racks and other odds and ends.

CATEGORY custom cabinets, drywall, remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/16/2015

01/27/2015

Mr. Sodonis repaired the leak, filling in the crack with polymer substance.  He did a great job, doing all he said he'd do.  I would absolutely recommend him.  His attention to detail and work ethic is admirable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repaired a crack in the basement wall, which was leaking every time it rained.

CATEGORY drywall, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2014

Kitchen, Bathroom, Basement & General Remodeling, Interior Design, Carpentry, Deck Maintenance, Basement Waterproofing, Doors, Electrical, & Handymen Services.

Electrical and Plumbing