Sodonis Group

A45 REVIEWS

Founded 2000 • Angie's List since March 2010

2709 Buckingham Ave

Birmingham, MI 48009

Sodonis Group is committed to turning your vision into reality, taking the time to listen to your needs and delivering an exceptional finished product. Communication and post-project relationships are very important to us, we're always available for questions and concerns. Contact us for a free estimate....

Drywall (32)General Remodeling (19)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (11)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (10)Interior Painting (10)Electrical (9)Basement Remodeling (9)Basement Waterproofing (8)Lighting (6)Handyman Services (5)Doors (5)Unfinished Carpentry (4)

10/24/2018

Everything went excellently but that is always the case when Matt performs the work! He is a perfectionist in all areas and I never feel like I have to oversee what he is doing. Totally trustworthy with access to the house when I am gone. He is hands down the only contractor I will use for any home issues!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two bathroom remodels including pouring concrete floor before installing floor tile, redid shower stall to be barrier free and installing new shower tile, electrical, wallpaper removal, painting, cabinet installs, window treatments, shelving, toilet install. Two bedrooms completed with painting, wallpaper removal, new closet doors and hardware, lighting, ceiling fans, plaster repair. A year ago he painted the outside of my brick ranch home and did a superb job. Still get compliments on it! (Has good decorator sense too!)

CATEGORY contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, woodworking, ceiling fans, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/24/2018

10/22/2018

We were looking to fully remodel the kitchen in our historic home and wanted to find a craftsman who would do a meticulous job while showing our home the same respect we have for her. After meetings with many prospective contractors, we selected Matt. He was really the only contractor we met that had everything we were looking for—and he really delivered for us! Matt exhibited the right combinatio...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen Remodeling

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/29/2017

Photo for Sodonis Group - 2709 Buckingham Ave, Birmingham, MI - 37494302

10/11/2018

Originally I planned to install my kitchen cabinets myself. I am so glad I hired Sodonis Group to do it instead. The cabinets, the trim, the molding, and the spacers were all installed perfectly. Matt did an excellent job and was very easy to work with. There was a small delay in the schedule due to an unforeseen issue that popped up at another job. Matt more than made up for it by going above and...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install kitchen cabinets and a steel door.

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2018

09/18/2018

Matt did an amazing job. His communication was great, letting us know what he was getting done and why he was doing it. My wife and I just had a baby days before, and he was very considerate of our time, and also let us know if he has going to be doing anything super loud that may disturb the baby. Will definitely hire again for my next project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement Bathroom Remodel

CATEGORY drywall, electrician, flooring, lighting, remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/12/2018

07/30/2017

Matt and I had a verbal agreement for him to do 3 things; replace a light bulb, hang a 3-panel picture and construct/build a enclosure at the bottom of my stairs so my pets could not get into the finished basement. When Matt arrived he did hang the 3 panel picture and change the light bulb but was reluctant to build the pet enclosure as it was his opinion it could not be done. He then charged me t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Handy Man Work - Change light bulb in microwave, hang 3 panel picture, build enclosure for bottom of stairs to allow pets to go under stairs but not into finished room. The ferrets sleeping area is under the basement stairs which is a closet accessible from the basement.

CATEGORY drywall, handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/18/2017

Yikes! Better respond "rationally" again. First, I would like to express my appreciation for [Member Name Removed] showing her true colors 8 months after leaving a good review for her $11,000 project we finished, which at no time during the project, were my ethics in question. She mentions being charged twice for paint because of a color change. Paying for the paint was agreed upon by her to help ...

06/20/2017

I would use them again. I wouldn't use anybody else. They didn't subcontract anything out. The primary worker was Matt Sodonis. He is the owner and did most of the work, and he is awesome. They couldn't improve on much. Everything was done exceptionally well. Everyone who comes down here and looks is extremely impressed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They finished my basement. They did framing, drywall, electrical, insulation, spray painted the ceiling black, and did some finish carpentry work like trim.

CATEGORY basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/12/2017

05/03/2017

Best company for all around home Repair project

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Finish carpentry

CATEGORY drywall, handyman service, woodworking, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/03/2017

12/17/2016

The Sodonis Group earns an "A" in every category for Price, Quality, Responsiveness, Punctuality and Professionalism.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Extensive home repairs

CATEGORY closet systems, decks, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/17/2016

12/02/2016

There is only one guy, his name is Matt Sodonis and it was a pretty awesome experiemce! He is very good, listens to the customer, provides very good suggestions and will go out of his way for the customer. We got to discuss design together, so we were both very opened minded. He did a family room and a basement. He started the first week of October, he has still got to come back and finish some st...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I did have Sodonis Group come in and remodel a family room and a basement for me.

CATEGORY remodeling, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/03/2016

Please allow me to clear up a few things up. We are definitely more than one person. I myself do some of the work, along with a 2nd guy. My 2nd guy quit 1 month before her project started, and we are currently looking to replace him. Having such high standards for our quality of work, this is not a process we rush through. We also have a team of 3rd generation tile guys, a licensed plumber, two li...

09/20/2016

Called, left a specific message, requesting a rerun call/quote. Not even the courtesy of a return call.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement renovation

CATEGORY custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, insulation, interior designers, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, doors, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/20/2016

We did return her call.

Kitchen, Bathroom, Basement & General Remodeling, Interior Design, Carpentry, Deck Maintenance, Basement Waterproofing, Doors, Electrical, & Handymen Services.

Electrical and Plumbing