Imperial Building & Roofing Co Inc

N/A47 REVIEWS

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since June 2009

4724 S State St

Ann Arbor, MI 48108

Cost is determined by the job. no travel charges. Free Estimates. Senior Discounts. Church Discounts. 5% off for Roofing & Siding done same time. License #2102184230. Financing available. GAF Master Elite Certified Roofing Contractor for Steep Slope and Low Slope Roofs. Owens Corning Preferred Roofing Contractor. Certified with Velux Skylights. Certified with James Hardie Siding....

Roofing (47)Gutters (8)Insulation (4)Siding (2)Skylights (1)Unfinished Carpentry (1)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (1)
D

12/06/2016

The owner tried to use high pressure scare tactics to scare me to increasing the scope of the work by more than 50% of the contract price. He tried using deceptive measurements when describing a problem.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Strip shingles and replace with new shingles.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/06/2016

[Member Name Removed], we recommended to replace your roof plywood due to original plywood 3/8" thickness and it's below minimum code requirement, we couldn't identify thickness before work started as your roof had 2 roofing layers. You chose not to replace and it was your choice. We explained all reasons of replacing and not replacing roof deck.

03/14/2015

The person doing the  quote came at the appointed time.  My house is a bi-level, so the roof is 1.5 stories up.  He only looked at it from the sidewalk and at first said, "You could use a new roof, but it probably has some life left in it."  Then as I was walking around the house with him, he found a piece of shingle on the ground and changed his tune, saying that this indicated that I definitely ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Quoted for a roofing job.  I did not use this company, so this review is only from the quoting process.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2014

Hello, First I want to thank you for taking your time to write your review about our company. Your request was full roof estimate and my first thought was that your roof didn't look so bad, but then I noticed shingles missing and I agreed that full roof needed. I'll explain quickly why we are not climbing on most of the roofs for full roof estimate. When we climb on your roof while doing estimate ...

01/12/2015

He was very fair priced and did a good job. He was great about timing. They were excellent! I know if I had a problem, I could call him and he could take care of it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They put in a whole new roof.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/22/2014

11/11/2014

Martin Eddy met with me on 9/23/14, for an hour and a half, to discuss what I needed quotes for.  Martin was very pleasant, but seemed more interested in who I knew than in the services I needed his company to quote.  Martin indicated that he would have a quote to me by Thursday, 9/25/14.  As I promised, on 9/24/14, I e-mailed to Martin the measurements of my shutters that need replacement as well...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I scheduled an appointment for an estimate of work to be done on my Bloomfield Village colonial.  I received an e-mail reminder of my appointment (very helpful!) and was met by Martin Eddy as promised, on 9/23/14.  The service requested is as follows: 1) inspect main roof to determine whether to tear off and lay new tile (I previously learned that prior roofer 'racked' the tiles along the seams, probably leading to increased risk of leaking, and permit was not pulled from Bloomfield Township at time of previous installation); 2) install new gutter surrounding garage and porch roof and replace rotted fascia in this area; 3) inspect attic for need for new insulation and provide quote for proper insulation to be blown in; 3) inspect attic for proper circulation, venting; 4) review architectural drawing for flat roof conversion to pitched roof and provide quote for flat roof conversion; 5) provide quote for replacement of 13 pairs of my home's original wooden shutters (custom sizing); 6) provide quote for restoration of 2 pairs of oversized wooden shutters at front of house; 6) provide quote for restoration of wooden panels and ornamental trim surrounding front door.

CATEGORY contractors, gutter repair, insulation, roofing, siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/17/2014

[member name removed], thank you for lengthy review. We are greatly appreciated. I have no excuse for this matter. I believe there was clearly miscommunication on our end and I apologize for that again. I don't know why Marty didn't get back to you on estimate submitting. We all humans and we all make mistakes but we never deny any of the work. Good luck to you on your project.

08/29/2014

A shout out to Rita in the office who stayed after hours on a Friday to meet with my husband and me so we could choose what color shingle we wanted. We chose Williamsburg Slate and are very pleased with how well it looks with the dark red bricks on the house.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed to replace the entire roof. Imperial roofers did a great job. Eric was in charge on the job site and I will say, this team of roofers never stopped. We removed the solar panels on the roof and installed the ridge cap shingles. It gives the roof line a much cleaner look. It took a day in and a half to complete the job. I would highly recommend Imperial Roofing. Marty was a good salesman and Mikhail stopped by on the second day to check the work. Job well done.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/29/2014

08/24/2014

Mikhail was extremely responsive and professional. As best we can tell the work was performed flawlessly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Imperial Roofing came out and replaced our porch roof. We needed a job done quickly and they were able fit our small job into a gap in their schedule.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/06/2014

06/16/2014

Everything done well and on time. I recommend them to any home owner. I waited until now to make sure no problems came up. None have.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stripped old roofing material, installed ridge vent, gutter guards, new vapor barrier and shingles.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2012

11/01/2013

Our home is only 8 years old.  We had a roof leak that caused water to leak on an exterior wall and into the interior.  We had the wall opened up, took all the insulation out and dried it out.  We called out 3 roofing companies to give us a quote to fix the roof leak.  We originally contracted with Canton Construction to fix the leak.  They attempted to fix it twice but it still leaked and they wo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair roof leak.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2013

[Member name removed], Thank you for your review, we're happy that could help to fix your leak. The picture above actually shows how the repair was done by others before we fixed the leak. Thank you.

10/11/2013

Company did a good job.  Estimate was prompt and unlike other estimators Mikhail had all his paperwork up front and responded promptly to questions.  Lots of follow up also. The crew seemed to take pride in doing a good job and got most of the job done in one day.  I am not a roofing expert but from what I saw they paid attention to detail and took initiative on fixing problems that they found. Cl...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tear off shingles and replace. Install attic baffles. Added attic insulation.

CATEGORY insulation, roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2013

09/19/2013

First, the sales rep had done his homework before coming over.  He knew the square-footage of my roof from a satellite picture, and had the estimate prepared.  He also provided copies of his builder's license, proof of insurance, and a list of around 30 references with addresses and phone numbers of previous jobs done in the area. Also, the sales rep did not pressure me.  He just provided two diff...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete roof tear-off on a ranch house and garage.  Re-roofed the entire roof with 50 year warranty shingles.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/05/2013

All types of Roofing Systems, vinyl, fiber cement, wood, cedar siding, seamless aluminum and copper gutters, Additions, Remodeling.

NA