Upright Building Services

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

2061 Hallowell Rd .

Litchfield, ME 04350

“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanship. We build trust by caring about your every detail and accomplishing the project by going the extra mile.” Additional email: ubs04350@hotmail.com...

roofing (51)home remodeling (21)drywall repair (15)deck building (13)door installation (10)woodworking (10)window replacement (10)handyman (10)flooring (10)general contracting (10)interior painting (9)siding (7)

12/11/2019

Extremely well! Fred tracked down and explained the causes of the rot, took apart the rotted areas, and removed the inadequate flashing, which was one of the major causes. He then replaced rotted trim and beadboard, designed and installed proper flashing and roofing, and painted what needed it. In all, an excellent job!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Runoff from our large roof onto a porch roof below had been rotting cedar shingles, trim, and beadboard under roof shingles. Determining the causes of the rot was not easy and the repair was complicated.

CATEGORY decks,handyman service,roofing,siding,woodworking,house painters,sunrooms

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/11/2019

Thank you for the kind words it took a couple days to really figure it out. But found a few issues and rectified the problems. Also installed poly boards where extreme weather damage was apparant.

12/11/2019

Fine. Fred did a great job. I will be looking for his help again in the spring.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General repairs and some carpentry

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/11/2019

The member had me reattach a light where it had pulled free from the garage wall. Then I replaced a really rotted piece of Fascia. Then fixed a bench that the arm rest legs had fallen apart.

07/16/2019

He was very thorough. Price was fair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof leak repair and sealing around a chimney.

CATEGORY handyman service,roofing,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2019

Thank You for the nice review. The work was straight forward. pulled the shingles around the chimney boot cleans as and pulled the boot. Installed ice and water flashing and shingles with a lot of geocel caulking .
C

06/21/2019

Fred came to my house just in time before a rain storm to board up a window another contractor broke and abandoned the job. Did not know how to price the rest of the job and wanted to work on an hourly basis.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Scrape, prime, reglaze porch single pane stationary windows.

CATEGORY roofing,replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/21/2019

Actually very busy at this time. Most of the Windows are in very rough shape. Will probably need more than paint. Putting up the boards was to help. Didn't expect a poor review for helping. Sorry?? May God fill you with His peace through Christ Jesus.amen

04/20/2019

Upright took on a difficult job repairing an old plaster ceiling on about 75% of a whole floor and wrapped it all up in about a week and a half. Work was excellent; the repaired areas look better than they ever have.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ceiling Repair

CATEGORY drywall,remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/20/2019

3rd floor In Portland was ok with Hammond delivering with a boom truck. Glad that the Lord was leading. The work went as planned. Grateful the boss likes the work.

03/11/2019

Upright Building Services did all work as quoted, on-time, and in a thoroughly professional manner. I intend to use their services again in the future and would recommend the same to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Several home repairs including door installations, siding repair and installation, and various other repairs.

CATEGORY contractors,decks,handyman service,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/25/2019

Thank you for the kind word. This work went well to see some of the progress please check the Upright Building Services Facebook page.

11/23/2018

He was very pleasant and professional with excellent communication during the project. He gave us a very reasonable quote and we signed a contract to proceed. The work was done ahead of schedule and it all looked very good when he was done. We plan on hiring him again for future projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired him to repair a couple ceilings, and to upgrade a room with all new Sheetrock.

CATEGORY drywall,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/23/2018

Thank you for the kind words. This job was sheetrock and painting. The home owner showed us what he wanted and with thanks be to the Lord for a friend like John Ryan for his great help. We accomplished the work.

10/22/2018

Fred came out to give me a quote. He gathered the information and we talked about a few options. It was raining when he came, so I had him step into my kitchen to continue our conversation. He said "God is good" and "There is only one God". He told me he would get back to me. He left and I never heard from him again. I texted him about a 10 days later to confirm that he wasn't interested in the jo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof trim and gutter replacement

CATEGORY roofing,deck cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2018

Thank you for the review, Sorry for the lack of response. You are right. I do apologize for not getting back to you, but when I said that God was good you said yes she is and I said there is only 1 God and what I meant was Christ Jesus is the only true God and creator. With Christ there is eternal life without Him is eternal damnation.

04/23/2018

Fred is into week 2 and is doing a great job. As the son of an expert Carpenter, I am very happy with all aspects of the work, especially the quality. One of the tough things I required was that he match the window casing in a breezeway to the rest of the interior of the house. Fred was very meticulous and exceeded my expectations on the window framing. If something can't be done, I think he will ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I am having half a dozen or more small project done from trimming out windows, hanging a kitchen cabinet, toe kicks installed under cabinets and possibly a dinning room floor refinished.

CATEGORY roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/23/2018

Thank you for the kind words. This home owner had me do some drywall touch up. Also trim out 2 windows, winscott hang a cabinet, trim around stair and refinish dining room floor. And finish base trim.

03/30/2018

Fred came by on 31 Jan., 2018. Said he would provide an estimate. I wanted him to do the repairs! Never heard from him again. I called on 13 Feb. and 23 March. No responses. Very disappointing and wasted 2 months of my time. Not pleased.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Small remodel after a non - cooking related kitchen fire.

CATEGORY remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/30/2018

Mr. [Member Name Removed] I am truly sorry for the delay in getting back to you. What actually happened was I fell behind on a job and dropped the ball on getting your quote together. Again I am truly sorry.

Bath, kitchen & basement remodels, decks, new siding, sheetrock, painting, built in cabinets, hardwood floors, porches, new & replacement windows, doors, garages, maintenence free exteriors, rot repair, full renovations, excavation, designs, foundations, framing, new home construction, interior trim, ceramic tile, sunrooms, additions, blown in insulation, attic access installations, gutters, interior & exterior painting & custom trim.

Asbestos removals.