MacKay Home Improvements

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20170531

10125 Colesville Rd Ste 144

Silver Spring, MD 20901

Family owned & operated. Lewis Mackay is a fourth generation contractor. Serving Washington D.C. Since 1974 specializing in flat, slate , and shingle roofs as well as wood sheathing, rafters , and beams damaged by water , neglect , storms , or earthquakes . We also repair and waterproof chimneys and brick walls . And repair and replace all types of gutters and install gutter guards on all kinds of gutter systems...

roofing (52)gutter installation (11)chimney repair (2)roof cleaning (1)gutter cleaning (1)handyman (1)

04/23/2020

Great work, pulled permits in historic district, passed inspection first time and lots of documentation about what they did, before and after pictures etc. Would use again and recommend to friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New Roof & gutters

CATEGORY roofing, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/14/2020

Thank you very much for your business and kind review.

01/15/2020

My review is a bit late but I didn't see it within the reviews for this company and decided to submit it again. I purchased a coupon deal through Angie’s List from this company to have my roof inspected since more than 20 years have passed since it had been replaced. The MacKays arrived promptly as stated when we made the appointment. The employees were very professional, my roof was inspected, an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof was inspected

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2017

Thank you very much for your kind review, Happy New Year.

02/11/2019

The entire job went smoothly and was done quickly from the time I contacted them for an estimate until the work was completed. They supplied me with numerous photos documenting the state of the roof and chimney to support the estimate, and then with more photos showing the progress of the work through completion. The workers were prompt, thorough and efficient. We are very satisfied with MacKay.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fully sealed and coated a flat roof over the entire house (row house); parged and sealed the chimney.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/05/2019

Photo for MacKay Home Improvements - 10125 Colesville Rd, Silver Spring, MD - 37707672

Thank you very much for your business and kind review, they both mean a lot to us.

02/07/2019

Awesome service, great price, even better work!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roofing repair

CATEGORY gutter repair, roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/06/2018

Thank you very much for your business and kind review. They both mean a lot to us.

02/06/2019

Lewis and his crew did a fabulous job from start to finish. I have had horrible experiences with contractors in the past, overcharging for terrible work and making the situation worse, but Lewis was honest and reliable. He responded quickly to my call even during the busy season. He gave me an honest and fair estimate, and then continued to answer tons of questions that I had over the following mo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
roof and gutter replacement

CATEGORY gutter repair, roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/05/2019

Thank you very much for your business, referrals, kind review, and expert eye for detail . Your choices in color and shingle type are what put it over the top .

11/15/2018

The initial contact back took a little longer than expected, but Lewis was quite friendly. The son was no less friendly, and had a great sense of humor. They evaluated my roof and noted that it needed a full replacement, I didn't disagree; however, because of on going renovations, I couldn't afford a completely new roof. I asked for something that would last me 2-3 years, and they didn't hesitate ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Patch work and application of aluminum coating

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2018

09/10/2018

Although I didn't end up needing to hire MacKay Home Improvements for the project, the responsiveness was IMPRESSIVE! Turns out it's not a gutter issue, but a drainage issue and Lou let me know quickly (he happened to be nearby and checked it out). Now on to find a plumber. Thanks, Lou!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gutter repair

CATEGORY gutter cleaning, roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/10/2018

Thank you, and all the best on your project.

08/21/2018

This spring/summer (2018) it rained a lot and the back of my home had a leak. It was supposedly repaired by re-caulking the sunroom but when it started raining again - the leak was back. I was so confused and was lucky to find Lewis. It was so hard to find someone to come out and look at the issue. Lewis was awesome! He returned my call the same day, was honest about the timeline and was able to l...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Flashing Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/20/2018

08/20/2018

Made sure we were satisfied with the start date and did a good job in getting the job done well and quickly. Afterwards, we noticed that some porch water still was able to run over the porch drainage system and they came to provide a simple new solution free-of-charge.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed to have front and back gutters fixed

CATEGORY gutter repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/26/2018

Thank you sir, for your business and kind review.

08/20/2018

Mr. Mackay has been doing work in Manor Park for a long time, and his work was recommended by both new and old neighbors. The work was done well and we appreciated the communication as well as before/after photos of the work. We were pleased with the honest and professional assessment of what work needed to be done, specifically that a small amount of preventative work could extend the life of our...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Slate tile repair/replacement; patch/seal of flat room and new aluminum coating

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2018

Thank you very much for your kind review.

Roofing and gutter installation and repairs, waterproofing & critter damage.

Kitchens, bathrooms & cabinets