Decorating Spaces

A185 REVIEWS

Founded 2003 • Angie's List since June 2009

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

14300 Royal Forest Ln

Silver Spring, MD 20904

Multi-year earner of the Angie's List Super Service Award most recently 2018. I extend a 15% discount on Benjamin Moore paints and a 25% discount on Sherwin Williams paints to my clients. People often wonder how to transform their home into a more inviting and comfortable space and whether your style is contemporary, traditional or eclectic, I can direct you to the many options available to achieve this goal. I can also provide you with a network of suppliers/vendors to carry out the work in a timely and efficient manner. Whether you just want to update your home by adding a splash of color to a specific room or change flooring or window coverings or, perhaps, wish to do a total kitchen or bathroom renovation, I offer my services to assist you with these needs....

Interior Design and Decorating (178)Interior Painting (41)Window Treatments (14)Home Staging (14)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (4)Closets (2)Exterior Painting (2)

01/27/2020

Freda did a great job! She got back to me quickly regarding what services she provided and we got a date on the calendar for her to come out. We were looking for the right white in our home and Freda made it easy. She even gave me a couple pointers on a bathroom project I'm working on her. I would recommend her and hire her again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Paint color consult

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/26/2020

01/16/2020

We asked Freda of Decorating Spaces to come over and offer advice on paint color for a family room refresh. She previously assisted with color selection for our kitchen renovation including both wall and countertop color and material, as well as color for the adjacent living room. In the case of our family room she also offered advice on furniture placement, cabinet color and overall coordination....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Advice on color scheme and paint for family room refresh

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/26/2019

11/24/2019

This was our second project with Freda. For our first project we needed Freda's advice on a carpet color selection for our bedroom. The carpet selection was the final piece to a beautiful bedroom and we really wanted to get it right. She is masterful and it was an excellent decision. Our most recent project was an exercise room above our garage. My husband immediately said "Let's call Freda." I th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Guidance on paint colors and flooring selection

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2019

10/24/2019

Freda provided us with an excellent choice of colors. The room looks AWESOME!! We will definitely consult with Freda on any/all of our future projects on color, flooring, cabinet, tile/granite selections, furniture, decorating and accessorizing. AMAZING talent!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Color selections for a sunrooom.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2019

10/22/2019

The process was informative and useful. We love the colors selected and appreciate Freda’s Attention to detail. All 8n all we had an excellent experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Help selecting paint colors for most of our house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2019

10/21/2019

Freda was wonderful with us. She was able to schedule a speedy appointment and showed up on time. She took time to look through the house with us and get our ideas for improvements. She had wonderful ideas about colors, furniture and how to go about a large improvement. In addition, she recommended a furniture store, flooring store and window treatment store. Those recommendations have turned out ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Decorating ideas

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2019

10/21/2019

Freda arrived promptly and had all the color swatches in the BM catalog. She advised us on what house repairs to prioritize in addition to advising on paint colors. Being new the the area, she was able to give me great referrals for other vendors. She was also very responsive after our appointment when I had to return for more color swatches as the lighting at night changed how the original swatch...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Color consultation and interior design consultation

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/14/2019

09/03/2019

This is the second time I hired Freda to help me with the selection of paint colors for my primary residence (first time was for a family vacation home out of state). When I met Freda initially for the first time a few years back, I felt comfortable with her from the very beginning as she was so personal, patient and easy to work with and I felt the exact way second time around! Her amazing talent...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Paint selection throughout my entire house.

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2019

08/15/2019

Top-flight professional recommendations and followthrough for a most outstanding selection of colors in a multi room apartment. Color Consultant is at top of list of local professionals in this field. A serious teacher of all things color but a delightful personality as well. Will not disappoint you-guaranteed! No better expert than Decorating Spaces

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Color selection for multi-room (4 bedroom) condominium

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/14/2019

07/25/2019

Excellent! Freda is very patient! She works hard to offer selections that meet our taste, life style, and budget. She takes time to explain why she chose the options she is suggesting as well as the pros and cons of each. She has incredible color sense!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Freda helped us pick out new paint colors, cabinets, countertops, backsplash, and flooring when we redecorated our kitchen. She also helped us select paint colors when we had our mudroom and foyer repainted. Now that we are remodeling our deck, we asked her to select its color.

CATEGORY interior designers, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, house painters, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2019

Interior decorating. Paint color consultations. Texture & material selection for kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Window coverings. Flooring & upholstery selection. Furnishings & accent selection. Home staging. I extend a 15% discount on Benjamin Moore paints and a 25% discount on Sherwin Williams paints to my clients.

Space planning. Architectural renderings. Electric Services (materials selection only).

NA