Landers Appliance Inc

A540 REVIEWS

Founded 1983 • Angie's List since October 2005

7032 Golden Ring Rd

Rosedale, MD 21237

We really care about our customers! Everyone at Landers Appliance is committed to providing you with Honest, Reasonable and Reliable service in everything we do! We train our team to strive for excellence, performing to the highest professional standards. And if we ever fail to deliver on these promises, well apologize and do our best to make it right. We have been in business over 35 years. We have 22 FT, and 2 PT employees. No sub contractors. Manufacturer trained professional technicians with "Master Technician" Certification. We charge a flat, fixed service charge and job rate. No travel charges. We are an independently owned service company headquartered in Maryland, owned and operated by Dean Landers....

appliance repair (514)small appliance repair (29)appliance store (25)electrician (11)plumber (2)gas leak repair (1)ceiling fan installation (1)

11/19/2019

Jim helped me work through the possibilities by text and I decided to not repair because of the cost involved compared to the cost of a new one when this one is 10 years old. He gave me the info I needed to make the decision, even though he didn't get paid for his help! Not the kind of service one usually gets and quite a breath of fresh air. Thanks for wonderful service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Troubleshooting a freezer problem.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/18/2019

Thanks so much for recognizing the value of such a service. We really do try to assist customers every way possible. Let us know how we can help with any of your other appliances. We're here to help!!!! Dean Landers, President Landers Appliance, Inc. DLanders@LandersAppliance.com

10/27/2019

It was a practically brand new dryer and it cost me over $400 to fix it. What choice did I have... I need a dryer. They charge $199 just to tell you what's wrong with it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They fixed my dryer

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/27/2019

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], In home service is not cheap. The costs to get a fully trained professional service technician to your door is expensive, no doubt about it. Our service charge to come to your house, determine the problem with an appliance and quote a repair is $119.95. Of course, you are not obligated to do any repairs. That is always your choice. If our technician did not believe it...

10/04/2019

OK. I was not pleased with the none disclosure of the price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Purchased my own oven handle which was $95.00. When I realized I could not install it myself, I called the same company to install the handle. When I made the appointment they told me it would be a service charge of $119.00 and mostly likely a small fee if they had any issues fixing the handle. While the repair person was fixing the handle I ask him about an additional charges. He said it will be another $110.85 charge. So, the person who installed the handle told me I should have been told about the additional charge and that it was the normal charges for what I had done. I just think that should have been told to me in advance. Not that it would have changed my mine but that l would have know in advance what additional charge to expect. The installer was very nice and courteous. Overall, everyone was nice, I just thought they could have been forthcoming with their pricing structure.

COST $229.85

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2019

Thanks for calling me back to discuss this matter. If you ever have a question about what any particular repair might cost, please ask to speak to my service manager, Jim. He would be able to ask detailed questions and offer a repair price range to help you in your budgeting. Our customer service reps (CSR’s) are not technical and are unable to give repair costs over the phone., They simply don’t ...

07/16/2019

Excellent. Tech showed up within appointment window, and I was called about 15 minutes before his arrival. Bill, my technician, gave me an overview of my type of washer, then proceeded to check the machine and discovered a smaller plastic cap had lodged underneath the plastic cage that housed the belts and other machinery. I'd explained that I only heard the noise during the wash and rinse cycles,...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Check a new noise/ sounded like a bad belt

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/16/2019

Thanks so much for the feed back and compliment. I'll be sure to pass it along to Bill. He is certainly a top shelf technician! Dean Landers, President 410 682-3232 ext 1101

07/02/2019

I bought a brand new Whirlpool after the service person explained that my refrigerator was no good anymore and would cost more to repair it. I found him to be very honest and open about his opinion on what things to look for in a refrigerator. I was extremely pleased. He was very knowledgeable and professional! I would definitely use Landers again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They assessed my disfunctional refrigerator.

CATEGORY appliance repair, appliance sales

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2019

05/30/2019

We needed to have our Bosch condensation dryer serviced, as it would stop during operation, even after restarting. These condensation dryers are notorious for being finicky, especially since lint and "gunk" can get trapped in a million places. We undertook periodic cleaning of all the hidden parts and around the pump, but we were still having problems. We called Landers the morning of May 9, 2019,...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair of dryer

COST $169.85

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/09/2019

05/12/2019

Needed my stove top ignition system repaired. Landers responded in at timely manner and the scheduling was easy. Bill, the technician, was professional and courteous. The house call cost $120.00. Bill estimated the repair to be an additional $850.00. Thus, the total cost to repair was close to $1000.00. I have since hired another firm (not using Angie's List) who was able to do this for substantia...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stove top igniter repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/08/2019

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], My service manager Jim spoke to you on the phone on and determined that the sparker on one burner (based on the model # you had given him of GE Monogram ZGU385NSMSS which takes WB13T10077 burner ignitor) was probably the problem. We quoted on the repair without knowing if this would solve the problem and pre-ordered the igniter part. When Billy arrived with the corr...

05/11/2019

Fantastic! My new go-to appliance repair service! Called at last minute on a Saturday, not expecting to be able to have anyone come out until following week. Came out an hour later! The service rep, Rob, was helpful, nice, took time to explain everything he was doing. A+!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refrigerator Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/11/2019

04/01/2019

We called Landers and they came promptly as scheduled the next day. The repairman was able to put the glass back in a few minutes. He said that he couldn't promise that it would stay on, but so far it has stayed on. He told us what it would cost if it were to break and that he could order the part if necessary. He only charged the amount of the service call. He was very professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The glass on our oven fell off. We needed it to be put back on

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/26/2019

D

03/27/2019

There was no response from Landers Appliance.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The wash cycle on the washing machine was broken.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/27/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I don't see an email or any record of your contacting us. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Rising Sun is out of our service area. Please call if you cant find a local company and we can give you a recommendation. Dean Landers President Landers Appliance, Inc. 410 682-3232 ext 1101

Appliance Service and Repair including Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Ranges, Cooktops, Wall Ovens, Dishwashers, Microwaves, Disposals, Ice Makers, Trash Compactors, Range Hoods, Window Air Conditioners & Wine Coolers.

Small Kitchen Appliance Repair, Appliance Installation (unless purchased from our storefront location)

NA