Xl Services LLC

A11 REVIEWS

Founded 2006 • Angie's List since September 2012

1335 Rockville Pike

Rockville, MD 20852

At XL Service LLC we use quality products with installation that's built to last! Custom Masonry Services for Patios, Fireplaces & More Is your brick fireplace, stone hearth or chimney in need of repair? Do you want a beautiful custom designed stone patio for your backyard? Are you ready to turn your back deck area into a wonderful outdoor kitchen party area? At XL Service LLC we are proud of the quality masonry craftsmanship, service and artistry our professional master mason with over 30 years of experience offers. We can design and build for residents in Montgomery, Howard, and Frederick County, Maryland: Patios & Walkways Stone Patios or Repair Existing Stone Patios Pool Decks Flagstone or Brick Sidewalks Retaining Walls Paver Driveways Paver Patios Wall Cut Outs Steps Outdoor Kitchens & Fire Pits Swimming Pool Decks Block Work Re-Pointing Masonry Repairs Chimney Builds & Repairs...

Chimney Sweep (8)Chimney Repair (4)Masonry (2)Concrete Pouring and Repair (2)Landscaping (1)General Remodeling (1)Chimney Caps (1)Pavers and Hardscaping (1)

01/08/2020

I have been using XL Service LLC for many years. Mostly for concrete, stone and brick work. Quality is great and they are reliable. Show up when they tell you and get the work done on time. I will continue to use there services and highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have had multiple projects - brick wall & chimney repair and lining, concrete slab and sidewalk installation and stone facing on walls

CATEGORY chimney sweep, concrete repair, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2020

01/07/2020

XL Services was always on time and courteous. They cleaned up the work site everyday and their work was wonderful. I will definitely use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
brick work

CATEGORY concrete repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2020

01/07/2020

The work was excellent. They treated it several times with chemical. I had these guys in the past. They were clean. They were good. They were not the cheapest but they were definitely excellent with their service. They showed up on time. I'll be having them back for cleaning.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They refurbished the chimney.

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/24/2019

Repair work went very well. Fast & reliable

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney

CATEGORY landscaper, masonry, remodeling, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/07/2020

04/15/2015

Xan and his crew were so pleasant to work with and their workmanship is excellent. I enjoyed working with them and would hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed dampers for all our chimneys.

CATEGORY chimney sweep, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2015

01/09/2015

XL Services showed up on time and immediately inspected my chimney and fireplace. The inspection indicated cracks in the firebox of the fireplace. I was actually shown these cracks. Xan left to get the needed supplies to repair the firebox. He returned and the firebox was repaired on both sides and sealed. I have used XL Services in the past for my chimney inspection annually. This was the first t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Inspection & Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2014

12/30/2014

Went well. No issues with the work. I dont remember the exact date when work was performed. It has been a couple years.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Service fireplace chimney, cleanup and installed new chimney cap

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/13/2013

10/11/2014

We just had experience with a chimney company and it was horrible service. We set up appointment today and I called them just to confirm. He said he had no clue and he will call me back. He called me back and started to give me a different address. I said no because I took off to work today for them to come here. He asked me if they could reschedule. I thought I was doing business I’d rather not. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The company XL Service LLC was supposed to give me an estimate for chimney sweeping.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/11/2014

C

03/11/2013

They were very hard workers but it was obvious that they were not masons nor had the proper tools to do the job correctly. The owner recognized the poor job they did and did not accept the balance of $1000 owed. The job was considered too small and I had been trying to get someone in to do the job for some time before XL agreed to do it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed my concrete block stairs leading to my yard from the patio covered with treads and risers. I needed 2 flowerbeds build on each side of the stairs with decorative block. I provided the material.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/09/2011

I'm sorry for the experience you had with our company. We strive to provide great service for every single customer but unfortunately we were unable to here. The mason we had working for us during your project turned out to be very unreliable. Unfortunately this was discovered while we were working for you. I can at least assure you that he was immediately replaced. I hope this review was sufficie...

09/26/2012

Overall this company is excellent and very reliable. The owner follows up after every service is completed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
XL Services, LLC came and did a chimney cleaning and inspection for my fireplace. They noted during the inspection that the firebox had several cracks and told me that this is very hazardous to use if not repaired. They completed the chimney & flue cleaning and came back in a few days to complete the repairs to the firebox for my fireplace. All of the work they did was exactly to the estimate. They arrived on time and explained everything they would be doing and performed all the repairs in a professional manner and timely. In the original inspection they also indicated that my cap needed attention and offered the best maintenance option that would not cost the most money, but would keep the cap in good repair. The techs made sure they left nothing behind in the way of dirt in my family room during the cleaning and repair. I have called this company to other services for my home for repairs and maintenance since the original work was done. They are very trust-worthy and reliable.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/15/2012

Chimney sweep, inspection, installation, cleaning, safety & masonry.

NA