Matthews Construction & Design LLC

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

37 Maryland Ave. Ste 206

Rockville, MD 20850

At Matthews Construction and Design, I've been doing business for 45 years in Washington DC and Maryland. All of our workers are in house employees and 80% have worked for me for 30 years. We are a full service remodeling company....

home remodeling (83)home remodeling (34)woodworking (33)drywall repair (27)interior painting (26)basement remodeling (18)general contracting (16)concrete repair (14)roofing (12)deck building (12)tile installation (12)lawn & landscaping (8)

08/26/2020

If you are looking for quality work made to your custom needs, then I definitely recommend Matthews Construction. Amilcar and Hector did an excellent job creating custom railing for our basement stairs (to prevent a toddler from falling), replacing our gutters, and installing new windows (with custom trim to fit the trim of other windows in the house). The craftsmanship of the stair rails is metic...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Create custom rails along stairs to basement, replace gutters, install new windows in two rooms on walls that did not have windows

CATEGORY remodeling,roofing,windows,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/08/2020

Photo for Matthews Construction & Design LLC - 37 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD - 38829287

07/30/2020

Nice job repairing an old porch roof. Came out looking great. Amilcar and Hector worked quickly and did quality work. Cost was very reasonable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Porch roof repair and installation of outdoor electrical outlets

CATEGORY decks,electrician,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/20/2020

07/17/2020

The work is first-rate and the crew is great. They work hard and care about the finished product. Brian is a marvel at quickly assessing the problem.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Supporting column of kitchen extension had water rot and needed to be replaced. Then discovered entire sheathing under the siding also had water rot and needed to be replaced. Also rescreened porch and made new porch door, sealed cracks between steps and house and painted.

CATEGORY remodeling,garage builders

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/24/2020

10/01/2019

Excellent service, best in class. Workers were professional and did an excellent job. We will ask Matthews to do other work in our house.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painting of the inside of the house, fixing wall cracks, light carpentry work, painting of gutters outside.

CATEGORY house painters,interior painters

09/27/2019

We hired Brian to remodel our main floor. We wanted to take it from "college dorm" style to sophisticated and contemporary. The kitchen was completely remodeled, including a few changes to the layout. Additionally, a wall was removed, the powder room was remodeled, and our staircase was transformed to an amazing focal piece. We worked with Brian for months before the construction began and we are ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remodel entire main floor

CATEGORY electrician,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/27/2019

Photo for Matthews Construction & Design LLC - 37 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD - 38137057

08/10/2019

I was impressed. The types of things I needed doing were so different, I wasn't sure each one would be done well, but they all were done extremely well and in a timely manner. The bulging wall required taking it down to the studs, putting in new drywall to level it with the wall below it, and then painting it. The crew worked hard and they knew what they were doing. I am pleased with the results.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
variety of projects including: repairing a bulging basement wall; replacing missing drywall in basement ceiling; replacing cracked boards in the attic floor; shoring up a staircase stringer; and digging out the bottom of the driveway and putting asphalt down to level it out.

CATEGORY contractors,drywall,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2019

04/27/2019

Overall experience was so so. Work wise they are fine overall but from communication and time commitment they experience was not good. I was quoted 3 - 4 weeks for work and they took like 12 weeks to do, primarily because they took forever to apply for permit. So had dust full basement sitting there for almost 3-4 weeks before they restarted. Also had to keep an eye on what their guys were doing a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We need to get semi finished basement fully finished an hired them for it after interviewing couple of contractors

CATEGORY basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/04/2019

I am flabbergasted at this customers review. 1st we dont use sub contractors except elec. And plumbing as all do. 2ndly He added 6 weeks or so of extras.3rdly,my architect got the permit in a timely manner. 4thly, we kept the worksite as clean as possible. How does he expect us to finish in the same time period when adding alot of extras. This electrical issue is the 1st time I'm hearing about it ...

04/21/2019

My kitchen and dining room really needed an update and Matthews Construction and Design did the work. I have used this firm many times in the past and very much appreciate their attention to detail and professional work. They refinished the cabinets, added a new pantry door, new light fixtures and great new tile backsplash. I am very pleased with my kitchen and will use Matthews Construction and D...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had my kitchen and dining room updated.

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/04/2019

03/20/2019

OK. This was an unusual and difficult project for several reasons. Had much difficulty and stress just finding a contractor who was willing to tackle the problem. Brian took the job as a challenge and delivered what he promised. The logistics, the atrocious weather and the unexpected all had to dealt with. Other than minor communications issues the job went as well as could be expected. I am convi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dry well system

CATEGORY excavators

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/20/2019

C

03/19/2019

I don't feel that this company respects their customers' time. I had an appointment scheduled with Brian on a Tuesday evening. I texted to confirm that afternoon and received a phone call from his partner to find out that Brian went out of town and did not find anyone to cover our appointment. I had to set up a second time to meet with his partner, on Friday morning. I got a text early on Friday m...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete Basement Renovation

CATEGORY basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/22/2019

the customer failed to convey that I Brian Matthew's had emergency surgery and my office manager who had his hands full at that moment was overwhelmed with office duties with myself being absent from every day company duties. I'm sorry this customers time was inconvenienced kindly Brian Matthews

General, kitchen, bathroom & basement remodeling. Additions. Carpentry. Trim. Concrete. Hardscapes. Landscapes.Decks. porches, sunrooms, garages, portico's, Water drainage issues. Foundation repair. Roofing. Handyman work. patio's, walkways, koi ponds.

Asbestos, lead & mold remediation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard