CHEROKEE PLUMBING INC

A25 REVIEWS

Founded 1992 • Angie's List since September 2007

7749 Dollyhyde Rd

Mount Airy, MD, 21771

Hi, my name is Greg Weiger. I started plumbing in 1976, served an apprenticeship and continued on to earn my masters license in plumbing and gas fitting. I started my business in 1989. I currently have no employees, I prefer to do the work myself, so I know it's being done right, and it helps me maintain a more personal relationship with my customers. I do small repairs to very large scale plumbing jobs. My specialty is remodeling of older homes and subcontracting work. I work with several General contractors that do additions or install new gourmet kitchens and baths. I offer special discounts to active military families. I can be reached on my cell phone at 240-674-0128 for an immediate response!...

Plumbing (24)Drain Cleaning (3)Natural Gas Lines (2)Water Heaters (2)

09/24/2019

Greg explained how I did not have a leak in either shower. One shower was just left over water dripping - normal. The other shower has a problem with the bathtub diverter. We are going to try to fix it ourselves. Greg emailed me shortly after I tried to contact him via Angies List and we arranged a visit early the next week. He showed up on time. We are very pleased.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Thought I had leaks in two showers but Greg told me I did not

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/23/2019

05/10/2019

Greg gave me a quote over the phone and we agreed on a date. He couldn't be there on time but made sure I could postpone by a few hours. He was very efficient and pleasant. I will certainly hire him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove the gas line from an old grill on our deck

CATEGORY gas leak repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/10/2019

11/19/2018

He gave us really good advice about our leak and suggested plumbers that we should use. Highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
gave advice about leak

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/19/2018

07/13/2018

Very responsive. Gave me a quote over the phone. Came the day after I called to request service. Was on time, pleasant, efficient. Excellent work. Will definitely use again. You may need to wait for him to call back after you leave a message, but he does so within 24 hours.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
install water line for new icemaker

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/13/2018

08/16/2017

He was on time did a great job, and incredibly reasonable!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Greg replace the pipe connecting our kitchen sink to the line going out of the house

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/08/2017

06/14/2017

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with them. I think we did find them on Angie’s List.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed a new toilet. They fixed a shower handle and a couple of other miscellaneous small plumbing items.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2016

01/27/2017

I had a good experience. They weren't able to resolve at that time. We were able to cross off a number of items.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They were looking for a leak.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2016

12/26/2016

It went really well. He was nice and professional and knew what he needed to do to fix my issue.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I need a leak repaired and a valve replaced.

CATEGORY plumbing, drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/26/2016

08/20/2016

Greg arrived within the time window originally communicated. Upon arrival he introduced himself. He was able to quickly identify the problem and then fix it. He had all required tools, ladder and pipe on his truck. He was very kind, friendly and professional. He showed us the faulty pipe, cleaned the area up and the cost was inline with our expectations. A very positive experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Evaluated ceiling area, then identified where the pipe was leaking in our dining room and then Greg repaired the leak and ensured the leaking stopped.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/19/2016

04/18/2016

Greg was very responsive and did a beautiful job. He is a Master Plumber and I highly recommend him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Greg moved a gas line for a BBQ hookup after our deck expansion.

CATEGORY plumbing, gas leak repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/17/2016