Avalos Stone and Landscape

A 45 Reviews

Founded 2010 • Angie's List since September 2014

3516 Longfellow St

Hyattsville, MD 20782

We provide high-quality, creative stonework and landscaping, specializing in stone walls, patios, walkways and all landscape design projects. Our designs combine natural beauty and function—creating visual harmony between structures and their surroundings—adding value, elegance and integrity to your home. Our superb craftsmanship brings your vision to life. We will help you achieve your dream outdoor living space....

hardscaping (33)lawn & landscaping (23)stone and gravel (15)lawn care (11)masonry (9)mulch delivering (8)concrete repair (8)drain pipe installation (3)gutter cleaning (3)deck building (3)rototilling (2)

08/28/2020

He sat with me and asked a lot of questions for about an hour. He said he was going to put together a proposal and get back to me the following week. I have sent three or four emails to inquire about the status. No response.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
no work provided

CATEGORY landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/28/2020

05/27/2020

I hired Avalos Stone and Landscape twice (back to back), first to plant some privacy hedges, clean gutters, repair front step, and install concrete pavers; then right after that to fill some cracks in my foundation wall and apply stucco. I am happy with both projects. Not sure what will happen with the foundation wall down the line... I may need to do much more substantial work at some point, but ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Privacy hedges, concrete pavers, repair front step, stucco application

CATEGORY concrete repair,gutter cleaning,landscaping,masonry,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2020

Thanks. Ms [Member Name Removed] it was a total pleasure working for you. You wore really open to Ideas and suggestions. Thanks for the business. I’ll be waiting to be contact for the rest of steppingstones.

03/06/2020

I hired Avalos without ever meeting them in person to do a fall leaf removal at a rental property in Hyattsville. It went well, so I hired them again to do a full mulch and spring cleanup of the property, getting it ready to sell. Alvaro the proprietor responded quickly both times with reasonable estimates, we did payment over the phone, and the property already has an offer after one day on marke...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Leaf and debris removal AND spring cleanup for listing of home.

CATEGORY lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2020

10/01/2019

Avalos is very personable and has done a lot of different projects at my home. He is very honest and his prices are reasonable. We have always been happy with his worth and continue to plan on using him in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He has installed concrete steps, installed concrete patio, repaired a brick retaining wall, sodded our entire yard and ran exterior water piping underground from sump pumps and gutters.

CATEGORY concrete repair,lawn service,drain pipe,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2019

05/07/2019

Alvaro Monterroso of Avalos Stonework and Landscaping installed a split-rail fence around my house and built a retaining stone wall (see photo) on one side of the garden. With his crew the old fence was removed before installing a new one. I met with four companies for cost estimates on this project. Alvaro’s estimate was a mid-range estimate. Alvaro worked with me at considerable length on select...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installing garden fence and retaining wall.

CATEGORY hauling services,landscaping,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/19/2019

Photo for Avalos Stone and Landscape - 3516 Longfellow St, Hyattsville, MD - 37861204

12/14/2018

They did a great job. Showed up on time my yard looked 100% better. Alvaro was very professional too.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Winter clean up and pruning and cutting back trees and large bushes.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,leaf removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/07/2018

09/10/2018

The work was done efficiently and on time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repairing stone front walk and steps

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/28/2018

08/30/2018

It went well. The owner responded in a timely manner. The job was done well. The crew and the owner are very polite and professional. The work area was left clean.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced Concrete walk way

CATEGORY concrete repair,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/21/2018

07/17/2018

Alvaro (manager) and his team were awesome. As someone who has hired a ton of contractors over the past year, this team stands out. They were responsive, flexible when I added additional projects on-the-fly, and, most importantly, their work met my exceedingly high expectations. It is rare to find folks who can complete a project to my full satisfaction...Avalos Stone and Landscape did.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Add a border of river rocks along our fenceline, plant shrubs, and remove unwanted greenery.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/17/2018

06/15/2018

From the initial estimate to the final product, Alvaro and his crew were nothing but professional and friendly. My husband and I had been talking for years about having our existing patio demolished and new one installed. When Alvaro arrived to provide and estimate, he provided us with a book that showed a variety of different paver choices, he had pictures of his work, and as well as listening to...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had an old back yard patchwork patio removed and a new larger patio paver Stone one installed

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2018

Photo for Avalos Stone and Landscape - 3516 Longfellow St, Hyattsville, MD - 37157824

General lawn care. Yard clean up. Mulching. Tree services. Poison ivy removal. Sodding/seeding. Gutter cleaning. Pressure washing.Fencing,Gates, patios, walkways, driveways, retaining walls.Pergolas & arbors.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available