Denison Landscaping & Nursery Inc

Founded 1973 • Angie's List since September 2009

B Rated | 53 Reviews

Established in 1973. Denison Landscaping & Nursery Inc. is a family-owned and operated full service Landscape contractor in the Washington, DC./Baltimore Mid-Atlantic Region since 1973. The Denison family has been growing our organization and over the last several years we have been named in the top 50 and, more recently, in the top 25 landscape organizations in the country....

Meadows Farms Landscaping

Fee for 1-2 hour consultation and design sketch is $29 for Angie's :List members - refunded in full to $1000+ installation contract. Contract installation costs determined by the job. Family owned. We offer a limited Lifetime Warranty on installed trees and shrubs/ 5 year warranty on many hardscape items.

Offers by Meadows Farms Landscaping on Angie's List

07/28/2017

I've used Denison for leaf take out in the fall. I've been dealing with them for years.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They rake leaves and stuff.

CATEGORY lawn service

Mark, Thank you for the feedback! Looks like we came up short on a few issues like quality, punctuality and professionalism on your review. If you wouldn't mind giving us some extra feedback on how we can improve these traits and better serve you the next time around? Have a great day sir and thank you for working with us for so many years. - QA/QC

04/05/2017

See above. Note that they once claimed that we never hired them to do work in a rebuttal to an earlier review, and I have the invoice for the work in case anybody doubts our claim.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They hired day laborers to install a drainage system in our back yard. When I discovered them drilling holes in a plastic pipe for continuous drainage, and then connecting the pipes with duct tape, we brought in another group to finish that work. They were also hired to take down a cedar tree, which they dropped on a nearby boxwood hedge. I could go on. We had a horrible manager and a bad crew, but other people I know have had a good experience with Denison. Not us.

CATEGORY landscaping,irrigation systems,tree service

[Member Name Removed], While going through our sites and reaching out to old and new comments and complaints we reached out to [Member Name Removed] a few months after we saw he left a review. We did not claim that we never did the work, we said we could not find any record based off what we had to work with in the review. The separate review that was mentioned did not have a lot of definable info...
D

03/16/2016

After taking measurements and getting an idea of the landscaping and backyard renovation I was seeking, Denison representative promised to return "within a week" with an estimate and a timeline for the requested job.  A date and time for his return visit was set.  However, the Denison representative did not show up as scheduled.  Follow-up phone calls were not returned either by the representative...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Contacted provider for hardscaping estimate.  Denison representative showed up at my house and took measurements, left materials featuring different types and colors of hardscape, and seemed eager to take on the job .  The representative promised an estimate within a week.

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping

12/28/2015

I was unable to reach anyone to receive a quote for services. I am unable to recommend or disapprove of services as I was unable to reach anyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I tried reaching this provider several times from May-October for lawn and sprinkler services estimates. I left several messages, but reached no one in the office at the various times I called. I did receive a call back, and when I tried to answer, they hung up. When I immediately returned the call, I received no response. I see their vehicles in my area so I know they must be very busy. It simply didn't workout for me.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems

10/20/2015

We kind of held off on it and I tried my own hand at it and we finally got some grass to grow. We didn't use them. They were good. I didn't think it would cost that much. I thought the estimate was kind of high. My interaction with them was great. He was on it. He explained what all had to be done. If I didn't have any success with it myself, I probably would have gone back and gotten them. It cos...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We got an estimate from them. My front lawn has got a real hard slope to it. I was going to take out all the grass and just put in gravel or mulch or something. We could hardly get grass to grow on that slope. They gave an estimate to come out, dig it up, put in topsoil and dirt and all that because there's a lot of rocks out here in this neighborhood.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,mulch

Residential landscape design, Landscape Architectural Drawings, SketchUp/Photoshop/AutoCAD Architectural Renderings, irrigation, plant pruning, lawn fertilization, outdoor lighting, drainage & erosion control, lawn maintenance, holiday lighting, snow removal, fall & spring yard clean ups, leaf removal, hardscapes, decks, fencing, outdoor sound system, stormwater management, Master Planning & Landscape Architecture, tree removal

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing, Discover