Maximum Security Co

A18 REVIEWS

Founded 1978 • Angie's List since December 2009

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

1702 Picadilly Rd

Crofton, MD 21114

Locally owned & family operated. Additional contact names - Richard G Lohfeld Sr and Richard G Lohfeld II. Providing your security needs since 1978. We are one of the only alarm companies that have earned: - "Top Rating for Quality" - The Washington Consumer Checkbook...

Home Security Systems (18)

11/22/2019

Richard was professional and only made recommendations that he believed made since for my needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Evaluated needs for my property.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2019

02/27/2016

Rick was very professional in providing overall recommendations.  He was entirely willing to use the existing equipment in the house, creating a hybrid system with new and older components.  This was much more cost effective.  Rick and his son Richard are extremely helpful.  They are available most hours if there are concerns or problems.  Even though I am 45 min or more from where they live, when...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed wireless communication unit; installed 2 keypads; replaced motion detectors, repaired protection of some doors and windows.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2014

08/11/2015

I would like to first start off by saying that Richard Sr. and Richard Jr was very kind, courteous and professional. In today's society, companies just want your money and forget about what good customer service is, but not with this company and it was refreshing to have it. They even offered to pick lunch up for me when they went on there lunch break. How often does that happen! :) I received at ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed a 4 camera video surveillance (hardwired) system.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/30/2015

02/21/2015

His suggestion was successful - problem solved, quickly, for free.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
When I called with a repair-type question, Mr Lohfeld was very helpful, giving me suggestions on how to fix my very minor problem without having to pay for a service call. You don't encounter that very often !

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/21/2015

02/03/2014

We're happy with the system, and the service we received.  We would recommend Maximum to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They upgraded and installed a security system, and did a great job.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/19/2013

01/20/2014

Perfectly.  Owner of the company personally responded to our initial call, came out for the consultation.  He did not try to over-sell or use scare tactics.  He also came to supervise the installation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Designed and installed home security system.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/25/2013

08/08/2013

They did an awesome job. The house I bought was owned by a secret service guy so there are private company cameras all over the outside of the house. They charged $430 for the cameras and around $30 a month. It is father/son owned. The son is very knowledgeable and set up flood monitoring because we had a flood. They did a lot of stuff that another company had done wrong and couldn't figure out. H...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used Maximum Security to set up my alarm system.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2013

07/30/2013

Excellent company to do business with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We met with Rick 3 years ago to get an estimate for a security system for our home.  After interviewing 2 other security firms, we decided to use Maximum Security.  Due to an unexpected family event that occurred,we had to put  contacting Rick on hold. Three years later,we finally were able to go forward with installing our home's security system.  When we met with Rick again, he honored the price he quoted us three years ago.  He is extremely prompt and professional to deal with and have recommended him to all my friends and family who are looking for a security system.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/04/2013

06/27/2013

I found  all the positive previous reviews to be accurate.   Rick and his son were punctual, professional, polite and cleaned up before they left.  I have no previous experience with alarm systems.  Rick's method of instruction on how to operate the system has worked well for me.  The system was very affordable  and flexible so that we can add other functions if we decide to in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed sensors on our two entry doors.  A glass break alarm additionally to our glass patio doors.  Plus a sensor on the steps going up to the bedroom level.  The system control has a button for Medical Emergency and Fire as well as Police.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2013

05/31/2013

It’s a father and son operation. They are very attentive and respond very timely to my needs. I am very pleased. The cost is very good. The price is about $63.00 a quarter before state taxes.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My neighbor across the street has the same company. We recently had a large casino open very close to us. It gives me a good peace of mind.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2013

Alarm and security system, Video Cameras, sales, installation & repair.