B&W Home Improvements

A8 REVIEWS

Founded 2003 • Angie's List since February 2011

PO Box 1542

Columbia, MD 21044

We specialize in functional art but are interested in various projects. If you want to WOW! people give us a call! What you see is a tiny fraction of completed projects over 20+ years. The owner Ben holds three U.S. patents, and spends 10% of the year completing various missionary building projects in Africa and South America. Ben is also diagnosed autistic but hopefully you can't tell. Don't forget! - We can service your business in the Carroll County area with almost any general contracting need! Sell Real Estate? Let us complete the home inspection repairs! We offer a free roof service - when coupled with other repairs. Plus - You'll deal directly with the owner. We can build according to your plans - or we can help design within needed parameters. We try to use the "platinum plus" rule which is delivering exactly what our customers like most - after having been made fully aware of the options. Carroll County is our main service area but we will travel some. ...

General Remodeling (7)Pavers and Hardscaping (5)Decks and Porches (4)Electrical (3)Handyman Services (3)Garage and Shed Building (2)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (2)Glass and Mirrors (2)Countertops and Backsplashes (2)Doors (2)Marble and Granite (1)Garage Doors (1)

01/02/2020

Ben has always performed above and beyond my expectations. His solution to the deck separation was innovative and remarkable. He is my go to without exception and if it's something he thinks would be done better by someone else, doesn't hesitate to tell be so. I trust him completely. And no weren't related. He will be redoing the deck trim and railing this spring and rehanging the basement doors t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ben has done many jobs for me. His first was saving my deck from separating from the house, to building a shed, to installing a tile floor in the kitchen that required repairing an unknown major failure in the floor under the refrigerator.

CATEGORY decks, handyman service, remodeling, garage builders, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, doors, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2019

12/19/2019

Ben was very professional and kept the job site very clean. He was also punctual and informative. Check out the before and after photos.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete wrap around porch replacement

CATEGORY decks, electrician, remodeling, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2019

12/07/2019

Well. Superlative workmanship and materials.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of door support

CATEGORY remodeling, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2019

12/05/2019

1) The siding job looks beautiful, and Ben's careful insulating and sealing of all the joints has made the house need less heat & A/C, creating more comfort in the house summer & winter. In the winter, it can go down to 50 deg outside before the heat even comes on. 2) Ben added a 6' x 24' porch with railing across the front of the house, including a slanted roof that he joined into the existing ro...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
1) Siding with insulation and sealing on whole house. 2) New porch with roof (none was there). 3) New 7' x 14' "shed on back of house 4) Completely remodeled master bathroom 5) Slate on new front porch, and extending to a new winding walkway out to the street. 6) Two new concrete patios in the back, both topped with slate. 7) Beautified the utility room area with drywall and tile flooring.

CATEGORY countertops, decks, electrician, glass repair, handyman service, remodeling, garage builders, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/04/2019

01/05/2016

Ben took a look at the deck to see how to stabilize it.  In the past, it had felt a little unstable, but we weren't sure what to do, short of replacing the whole thing.  He came back with an estimate which included several steps to address the issue.  He came when he said he would, did the work on the ticket, and charged us the estimated amount.  I was amazed when I got on the deck and walked arou...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
added supports to the legs of our deck and attached them to the ground.

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/01/2016

10/08/2011

It went great.  Ben's attention to detail and sense of design gave us a beautiful walkway.  He was flexible and listened to our ideas.  But when asked he gave us his ideas.  He and his crew did a great job. We would use them again for another project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
B&W did a great job on installing pavers in our front walkway.  The walkway goes from our driveway to our front door. B&W added a circle kit and blended it into the overall pattern.  The slope of the new walkway eliminated a step, but was graded for drainage.

CATEGORY hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2011

04/25/2011

Ben has done quite a lot of work for us in the past, from minor repair jobs (e.g., replacing a broken doorbell) to more labor intensive projects (fixing broken automatic garage doors, reinstalling a glass shower that hadn't been properly sealed, and installing granite counter tops in the kitchen). I asked him if he could save our crumbling patio, and I knew that if he said yes he could be trusted ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ben and his assistant partially rebuilt a patio that had been poorly constructed by an incompetent contractor. He did a beautiful job.

CATEGORY countertops, decks, electrician, garage doors, glass repair, handyman service, remodeling, marble & granite, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/10/2011

Photo for B&W Home Improvements - PO Box 1542, Columbia, MD - 30091189

02/22/2011

I wasn't sure what I needed so Ben accompanied me to Home Depot and helped me select my front doors. He spent a long amount of time with me and the Home Depot representative in an effort to get me a quality door at a reasonable price. He knew I was concerned about security as well as curb appeal and made sure that he accomplished both efficiently and professionally. I wanted my back door to have t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ben replaced my front doors and back doors (exterior doors and screendoors).

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/05/2011

We aren't the lowest bidder. If you want to invest in something really cool, clever, and unique fabricated from: stone, glass, metal, or wood you want us. We make functional art that your friends will ooh and ahh over.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal