Ponti's Brick & Stone

Founded 2002 • Angie's List since May 2009

B Rated | 7 Reviews

French drains\sump pump instalation Masonry Restoration Chimney Re-pointing and Rebuilding Patio and Walkway Restoration Pressure Washing Basement Block Repairs and Waterproofing Leak Repair Concrete driveways & sidewalks Concrete patios Concrete steps French drains Masonry painting (brick,stone,stucco) Stucco Caulking...

GLR Home Improvement

We have over 30 years experience! Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.

08/25/2017

Scott was quick to return my call and give an estimate. He got me right on the schedule and his work was wonderful. I couldn't be happier with my patio and walkway.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pressure Washing: my patio and walkway needed restoration. They were completely green with moss and some pavers were coming loose. Scott came in and pressure washed and reset any pavers that were loose. For a reasonable price i now have a patio and walkway that look completely new! I would recommend Scott to anyone that needs masonry work done!

CATEGORY masonry,pressure washing

07/15/2015

This review concerns Scott Ponti d/b/a Ponti Brick & Stone.  Do not do hire this contractor. Run away as fast as you can.    We first hired Scott to repoint our chimney. This was in 2013. He showed up on time, did a good job and completed the work on budget.   In late 2014 and early 2015, we started to shop for a patio contractor. Our home has installed irregular (natural shape) slate walkways and...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In late 2014 and early 2015, we started to shop for a patio contractor. Our home has installed irregular (natural shape) slate walkways and a raised patio. The patio wall is constructed of granite, the patio deck is also irregular slate. Due to being 50 years old, previous poor repairs and general neglect of the property by previous owners, the job required an overhaul.

CATEGORY masonry,chimney repair,hardscaping

After 15 years in business this is the only complaint I have ever received. I admit that this job did not go well for myself or the customer, but we ended on amicable terms. I was very shocked to see the untruths in this review.

05/28/2015

He followed through promptly with the estimate and specifically documented the need for much needed brick work and roof repair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mr. Ponti gave us a great estimate including photos of needed repair. However, as we are a non-profit Art League here in Dover, DE, our fund raising efforts for cost of maintenance and repair was unsuccessful. Even though he would have been among the top three estimates - i.e., our choice contractor, we were unable to reach our financial goals which would have allowed us to utilize his services.

CATEGORY masonry

03/03/2015

Quote: Scott was prompt to contact me to schedule an appointment for a quote.  He arrived on time and emailed the quote within 24 hours. Work Day: I  scheduled a date/time for Scott to start the job.  He was friendly, on time, cleaned up after a days work,  and was very professional.  His prices were reasonable and he provided the final invoice on the last day of the job. This is a very talented M...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Exterior Stucco: Chimney Stucco Exterior - spot point all holes on stone foundation & chip off all loose/cracked stucco, scratch and finish coat Grind out and point all large cracks in the brick on front porch Water Remediation: French Drain  18x34 ft Installed sump pump and drain Water proofing Paint basement with Drylok paint

CATEGORY masonry,basement waterproofing,stucco

07/10/2014

We reviewed the overall scope of our project with Scott. Scott was a few weeks late due to weather contraints and scheduling. Scott was able to finish the job over several weeks and add in another small project for us. He was very professional and his craftmanship was superb. We would recommend Scott.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repointed chimney, patched and re-stucco rear house

CATEGORY masonry

What is Pointing? Pointing is the process of replacing deteriorating mortar in the joints of a masonry wall with new mortar. Obvious signs of deterioration signal the need for pointing. These signs include disintegrating mortar, cracks in mortar joints, loose bricks or stones, damp walls, or damaged plaster-work. It is critical that a skilled craftsman, specializing in brick and stone pointing is hired to execute the work. This will insure that the visual and physical integrity of the masonry

If the job you need done has anything to do with masonry work (brick, stone or concrete) give me a call.