Basement Waterproofing Nationwide Inc

A162 REVIEWS

Founded 1987 • Angie's List since July 2008

109 E Wheel Rd

Bel Air, MD, 21015

Basement Waterproofing Nationwide has been servicing the Baltimore area since 1987. BWN has been turning damp and wet basements into dry basements without costly excavation. BWN is a licensed and insured, locally and nationally recognized basement waterproofer. We are the first basement waterproofing company to be awarded the Better Business Bureau's "Torch Award" for outstanding ethics in the marketplace, also being the only waterproofer to win that award twice. An Angie's list Super Service Award winner (2011 and 2012), BWN has the ability to permanently correct your basement problems at an affordable price. When it comes to trust you have come to the right place, we are family owned, family run, local business. We are not a franchise nor are we an exclusive dealer of any one product. As such, BWN is able to present you and your basement to the entire array of products and services available on the market today, allowing us to solve your wet basement problem with the right method at a price that's right for you. We offer a lifetime warranty to our customers, ensuring that your basement stays continuously dry. BWN is above all professionals, delivering excellence in the swift completion of each project....

Basement Waterproofing (155)Wells and Pumps (33)Drain Pipe Installation (23)Foundation Repair (15)Water and Smoke Damage (4)Plumbing (2)Basement Remodeling (2)

01/30/2011

First, and most importantly, my basement doesn't leak. Considering other basement waterproofing solutions, BWN Bentonite injection is the least intrusive and probably the most cost effective for a lot of basement leaking issues. The crew was responsive and hardworking and overall I think it was a adequate job. The only concern I had for the quality of work was the cement patching of the interior d...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had basement flooding on the side/rear wall of a duplex in Annapolis. I tried to fix the problem by diverting the rain downspout and using sealer on the interior basement walls...to no avail. BWN was prompt in sending a technician to give me an estimate and explained the scheduling very well. I was responsible for removing all flooring (carpeting and tiles) and installing a barrier (plastic sheeting) to minimize construction dust going everywhere. I was also responsible for pulling up pavers of my backyard patio to allow the bentonite exterior injections. BWN used a jack hammer to dig up an interior trench that ran the length of my side/rear wall to the sump-pump. They installed a hard plastic liner against the cinder block basement wall (framing goes over it) and they injected an exterior substance (Bentonite) that bonds to the exterior wall and supposedly makes it waterproof. They finished by placing cement over the trench.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/20/2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your BWN experience with others. To BWN, it is no small matter when homeowners decide to trust us with the care of their basement. It is a pleasure to have you as a customer. Enjoy your dry basement!

01/14/2011

They were having some problems with their truck that morning, so they came a little bit late, however they were great in communicating with us and very honest and apologetic about the delay. I don't blame them at all and believe it was just bad luck. Even with that they were able to finish the job in 1 day, they left everything very clean, and the installation looks very professionally done. It ha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a interior french drain and sunk pump in my basement along a 25ish foot span.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/05/2011

We are delighted your experience with BWN resulted in such a great review. BWN strides on providing GREAT professional service and complete customer satisfaction. From the first initial contact to the crew that completes the work. Please keep us in mind, should any of your friends or family encounter a damp or wet basement problem. Enjoy your dry basement!

01/11/2011

Everything went really well. Nothing bad to say. I stayed home and beside the normal loud noise when they were opening the cement, I could not really tell they were at home and was able to work normal work hours, telecommuting. Perfect.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our basement used to flood, usually after big storms. The company had a booth at the DC Green Festival. I stopped by to have some information and we decided to have the work done. After a first visit where the representative was punctual and efficient, the crew arrived a few weeks later to start the work. Everything was done in one day. They opened the cement along two walls in the basement, installed a drain, a sump pump, covered the trench over with concrete, and installed sheets along the walls to prevent condensation. They also injected some "resin" along the outside walls to add more waterproof elements to the work. They were quick, very efficient, and very clean. Since then, the basement has not flooded once even though we have had some extreme storms since the installation. Each time a big storm hits us, we think: "thank god, we have the sump pump." We love it!

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/15/2008

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your experience with our company.. Be assured we will give the same great experience to any of your friends or family members in the event they need us. Thank you again for your review, it is deeply appreciated. Enjoy your dry basement!

12/01/2010

They were really responsive. The worker that came out was very professional and knew exactly what he was doing. It was a great experience overall.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They replaced the sump pump for me. This is the second time that I have used BWN.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing, wells

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/03/2010

Thank you for sharing your BWN experience with others. Be assured we will give the same great experience to any of your friends or family members in the event they need us. It is a pleasure to have you as a customer. Enjoy your dry basement!

11/29/2010

The process was great. The company was on time and good to work with. The 4 guys that came and did the job were very knowledgable. The process took two days. My only regret was that I wish I knew that the drain/pump was going to expose the house to Radon. We put our house on the market, and then found out during a radon test, that we had super high levels of radon. The radon abatement contractor c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They redid the french drain around the interior of the house, and installed a new sump pump. They also did a soil ammendment around the house and injected clay into the ground. The clay supposedly soaks up water, so that it doesn't come near the house. I am not sure if that worked, or not.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing, wells

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/11/2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your BWN experience with others. To BWN, it is no small matter when homeowners decide to trust us with the care of their basement. We enjoyed our experience working with you as well on the successful completion of your project. It is a pleasure to have you as a customer. Enjoy your dry basement!

10/06/2010

After all of the heavy snow and ice this past winter we noticed that the carpeting in our basement was wet. We quickly diagnosed the issue as a crack in the foundation and had the crack sealed. Two months later, after several days of heavy rain we noticed a damp spot on the floor and decided that we needed a better solution since the issue was groundwater related. BWN was one of several companies ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Trenched and installed an interior drainage system and sump pump in the basement to address a relatively recent basement water issue. Injected the soil along the lengthy of the problematic wall/foundation with a bentonite clay mixture to help reduce the risk of future water issues.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/17/2010

Thank you for choosing BWN to assist you with your water problem and for sharing your experience with others. We count it a privilege to have you as one of our customers. We hope you will feel free to call upon us at any time should you need any type of home improvement or repair. We employ a full time staff of carpenters as well ready to assist you with your next bath remodel, kitchen or other ho...

09/26/2009

Very positive experience. All employees were professional and friendly. They did not put on a hard-sell approach. After I committed to doing the work they even offered to do some additional work at no charge. They made neat work of a difficult job--they showed up when they said they would and everything was clean when they left. Their solution was more comprehensive than what others offered. They ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired basement water problem by installing in-slab drainage system with sump pump and injecting exterior soil with bentonite.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/11/2009

12/05/2008

They basically lied about what was wrong to get my business. I am currently trying to get my money back from them because I gave them the deposit to do the work, which I don't think they are really contesting. I called the the sales rep who came out, and he said I would have to call installation because I signed a contract with them. I told him that was fine I would call the credit card company an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a new room built in my basement, where there was an existing system that began leaking water in the new room. I had different waterproofing companies out to give me estimates on fixing the situation. When BWN came out, they told me that if there was an existing drain tile system, that it was not connected to the sump pump. So, they gave me an estimate based on their findings. Then I had a friend that does construction, and he found that there was an existing system and that it was draining into the sump pump. The problem was that when the new room had been excavated the contractor had cut through the existing drain tile system, and then built steps over it between two rooms, which is where the water was coming from.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

Your statement, "They basically lied about what was wrong to get my business," is completely false and does not at all reflect BWN's integrity in the marketplace. Per your review, you had spoken to many people regarding the water in your basement and it is understandable how specific details may have gotten lost in translation. To clarify, your statements are as follows: BWN: "if there was an exis...

08/28/2008

We called for an estimate because we have a leak in our basement. Mike assessed our basement on the inside and outside, discussed several options, and determined that the leak was not in our basement, but rather from the previous owners' shoddy installation of the front door frame. Mike gave us advice and tips for fixing this problem, and was very honest and professional throughout.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mike Tilton assessed our basement and gave an estimate.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

We are delighted your experience with BWN resulted in such a great review. BWN strides on providing GREAT professional service and complete customer satisfaction. From the first initial contact to the crew that completes the work. If we can be of any assistance to you or any of your friends or neighbors please do not hesitate to call. The BWN Team 410-679-2000.

07/10/2008

Basement Waterproofing Nationwide did an excellent job. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and as soon as they left we were hit with vicious thunderstorms that washed away a lot of the newly laid cement around the drain, leaving aggregate exposed. When I called BWN to explain what had happened, they immediately set up a date to have someone come fix it. The person they sent out was their...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The outside drain by our basement door (which is below ground level) was a flooding hazard because it was small and prone to clogging. Basement Waterproofing Nationwide installed a large drain and linked it to our internal sump pump system so that we do not have worry about basement flooding from that area.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your BWN experience with others. To BWN, it is no small matter when homeowners decide to trust us with the care of their basement. Be assured we will give the same great experience to any of your friends or family members in the event they need us. It is a pleasure to have you as a customer. Enjoy your dry basement!