L & R Electricians

B248 REVIEWS

Founded 1968 • Angie's List since September 2010

3447 Chestnut Ave

Baltimore, MD 21211

We are a father & son team with over 80 years combined experience. We specialize in residential remodeling and solving strange and unusual electrical problems. We are a full service electrical contractor serving the Baltimore region. Additional address - PO Box 50277 Baltimore, MD 21211. See website for additional services....

electrician (244)lighting installation (67)ceiling fan installation (32)landscape lighting (3)electronic repair (2)phone wiring (1)

03/16/2020

Went very well. He was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Knew to get the work inspected and fixed an issue the inspector found quickly for no additional charge.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Added car charger and secondary circuit box to garage

03/16/2020

On time arrival; completed work in timely fashion.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical

03/16/2020

Larry called me back quickly and was able to do the job for $1K less than other electricians. Recommend!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical — replaced master breaker

03/16/2020

They did not do any work for me. Fake news!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/16/2020

Strange. I don't know you & you don't know me. No idea why this review is on here. Sorry. Have a good day.

12/12/2019

The company was here for 1.5 hours and since there were two electricians on-site they then said it would be $150 per half hour which was not mentioned when we agreed on the work. I ended up being billed $511 but was under the impression it was going to be half of that. The four jobs were to check that the new washer/dryer was grounded, to fix the wiring to my bathroom outlet which was done incorre...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We asked the company to come out on-site to look at four things for us. It would've been a $75 service fee and then $75 per half an hour for the duration of the actual work performed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/09/2019

07/05/2019

We had L & R come out to hang a new chandellier and to fix some outlets that were not working. They were very punctual and efficient. The work looks great and everything works like it should. We had them come back to fix another light that we discovered didn’t work and it turns out it was just the gfi switch, so they didn’t even charge us for that. We would definitely hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lots of small upgrades

CATEGORY electrician, lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/05/2019

Thank you for your kind words Larry and Richard.

06/28/2019

Awful. Larry came out and looked over the property to determine electrical work that was needed. He made me waste 3 weeks of project time as I waited for the quote that he promised. I had to call him every few days and each time he said that he was working on the estimate. I tore down extra walls at big extra cost because he said that would make it easier to run wire. After 3 weeks, Larry never di...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical wiring and install light fixtures for rehab rental property.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2019

Dear lady. I remember things a little different. You called & I went out to survey the project. The general contractor stated that he was not going to strip out the plaster. When I called you back, I advised you to strip out the plaster, as wiring with the plaster in place takes 3 times as long. You stated that he was supposed to do that, and you would meet with him to discuss the issue. You calle...
D

05/31/2019

When the power and lights went out in our house I checked the breakers in the main distribution box but none had visually tripped. The only other breaker I could identify was a GFCI outlet in the bathroom which I replaced but that didn't solve the problem either. I went back to the distribution box which is old and rusty and needed replacing when the house was purchased a few months ago. I startin...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Diagnose and fix partial power outage in home

CATEGORY electrician, lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2019

When looking for a loose connection, we start with the most likely places, which is the plugs where 80% of the problems are, then move to the switches, last is the lights, witch take the most time. You can trace wiring in an open ceiling in the basement, but when the wires go up into the walls, you have to open the wall boxes to examine the connections. when we don't find the hidden junction box, ...

10/06/2018

Larry and Richard were prompt and very professional. They presented the best plan in how to run the new wire from basement to garage. They agreed immediately to my request to pull permit before starting work. They finished on schedule with no problems and the work passed inspection.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed an electric vehicle charger in garage and new 40 Amp circuit from main breaker to it. Cutoff switch was also added.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2018

Thank you for your kind words. Larry & Richard.

09/05/2018

L & R arrived promptly at the designated time & went right to work. This was the fourth time they have worked at my house & the work has always been excellent.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of ceiling fan

CATEGORY electrician, ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/05/2018

Thank you for your kind words. Larry & Richard.

Residential & commercial electrical construction, washer & dryer outlets, smoke detectors, generator installation, ceiling fans, remodeling & rehab.

Plumbing