ADVANCE REMODELING

A23 REVIEWS

Founded 1991 • Angie's List since August 2005

2526 N Charles St

Baltimore, MD 21218

Advance Remodeling is a full service home remodeling contractor serving the Baltimore area for over 25 years. Building on your ideas, we leverage our knowledge, expertise, and integrity to translate your dream into reality. Our goal is simple: to serve you in a prompt and professional manner and deliver superior home improvement services without exceeding your budget. FINANCING AVAILABLE. MHIC CONTRACTOR LICENSE#: 13337....

General Remodeling (13)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (7)Decks and Porches (6)Doors (6)Ceramic Tile (4)Windows (3)Interior Painting (3)Drywall (3)Siding (2)Plumbing (2)Heating and Air Conditioning (2)Concrete Pouring and Repair (2)

02/14/2020

I was very pleased with the work. They sent me pictures when it was done. It was good. It was okay.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They put a cap on my chimney and furnace so that the weather won't come in my house.

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac, chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/31/2020

01/24/2020

Absolutely perfect project. The work began when promised and all phases were done on time. The contractors were prompt and at the end of the day cleaned and swept . I highly recommend this company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen remodel

CATEGORY bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, remodeling, replacement windows, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/20/2010

[Member Name Removed], we're pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with us. Please reach out with any future needs. We look forward to working with you again. Advance Remodeling Team

11/07/2019

I have used several times for different jobs. Highly recommend

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They remodeled whole house

CATEGORY ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, drywall, flooring, gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/03/2017

Ms. [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your kind words and look forward to many future projects at your home.

10/05/2018

Excellent. Pure excellence. From the start to the end, and through the journey in between, Advance remodeling's crew constantly held themselves to an unparalleled level of excellence. Advance remodeling is really advanced company! Final results are super pretty and surely met our expectations. Highly recommend advance remodeling!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Good Work Guys

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/05/2018

[Member Name Removed], it's been a while, but thanks so much for your positive feedback. We're under new management now and are making an effort to reach out to old customers. Please reach out if you need any home improvement work. We'd love to work with you again.

02/02/2017

They were the worst I have ever delt with. They could not schedule a time when I was there. The work is not up to par. He had someone else come out to put up our rail. My rail is loose. The siding was okay, but the people who did my cement was not good. It was not a good job at all. I think the cost was too much for the work, they should have done a better job. They need to talk to the people they...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Siding and cement.

CATEGORY concrete repair, remodeling, siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2016

[Member Name Removed], we're very sorry you had a bad experience. We're under new management now and have a new team doing our concrete work. We would love the opportunity to win back your trust. Please give us a call at 410-532-5400 and we'll give you 10% off on your next project.
C

02/19/2015

The estimate we were given was low, but it became clear that if we wanted to bathroom to look nice, we would be paying quite a bit extra. The estimate included the "standard" fixtures, tiles, etc. that they had in their showroom. If we wanted to customize at all, we had to buy everything on our own at retail prices and they would install it. Based on the pictures we saw of their past remodels, we ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had someone from Advance over to do an estimate for putting in a bathroom and closet.

CATEGORY ceramic tile, decks, remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/24/2015

[Member Name Removed], we're very sorry you had a bad experience. It's possible that you confused us with a different company since we don't have a showroom. At any rate, we're under new management now and would love the opportunity to win back your trust. Please give us a call at 410-532-5400.

01/09/2015

I believe the actual roof and gutters are fine (time will tell). I really was not a fan of dealing with the company - the manager was pushy about sales and they canceled an appointment or 2. Also, clean up of nails was a little sloppy - they were quite a few nails left in the yard. Honestly, I would not have used this company had the choice been entirely up to me but my partner is the homeowner so...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed new roof (row home) and gutters

CATEGORY decks

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to find out that you think our work is fine, but I am not happy with you being unsatisfied with the process. Let me take the time to apologize to you for the part of our process that did not meet your expectations. Since what we do is work on older homes, this often results in surprises during the job that in turn result in delays and hidden costs. That is t...

06/19/2014

They came out to give me an estimate for some painting. He quoted me a price, and I asked for it in writing, so he just wrote the quote on his business card. I asked if he would type up a formal estimate for me, and he said he would only do that once I had agreed to the contract. I did not end up using them because I did feel secure with the price.

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/18/2014

Dear [member name removed], I am sorry to hear that you had a less then perfect interaction with my company. It seems that some things went OK and others not so much. It is our company policy not to write a "formal estimate" up on every job that we visit but to leave a price on a business card. Our experience over many years is that this process has worked. Our estimators see many jobs and we want...

05/17/2013

The contractor who came to the house was highly unprofessional. The work took weeks longer than expected because they did not work every day. The work that they completed did not fix the leak and we had to have them come back multiple times before it was actually fixed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired them to find and repair a leak on the first floor of our home. Water had been coming into the house above the door leading to the back patio.

CATEGORY decks, drywall, remodeling, replacement windows, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/30/2011

We apologies for this occurrence. This is obviously an isolated incident and we plan on taking measures in our process so this does not occur again - John Dickinson President

02/04/2013

We did not have service done with them. We were not impressed with their presentation. After talking to him, we had other reps from other companies coming and he was terrible. It was horrible. He would quote prices, he didn't have a brochure with him. We wanted to get the kitchen redone. No pictures of different type cabinets or material that it's made of and he would just pull the numbers out of ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We were looking to get our kitchen remodeled when we spoke to him.

CATEGORY remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/12/2012

[Member Name Removed], we're very sorry you had a bad experience. We're under new management now and would love the opportunity to win back your trust. Please give us a call at 410-532-5400.

ROOFS, SIDING, WINDOWS, DOORS, WINDOW GUARDS, DECKS, AWNINGS & CARPORTS, KITCHEN & BATHROOM REMODELING, ELECTRIC, PLUMBING, HEATING, AIR CONDITIONING, FLOORING, & WATERPROOFING.

Landscaping