AJT Supplies, Inc.

Founded 2005 • Angie's List since May 2003

D Rated | 15 Reviews

West Roxbury's premier mulch supplier and masonry supply store. Over 1,000 products like mulch, loam, stone, pavers brick, cement, sheds, tools, and so much more! Come experience the AJT difference!...

Design KYO

14  REVIEWS
Design KYO

Japanese style interior design for residence. Japanese restaurant design with kitchen design. Japanese tea house design and old tea house restoration. Art and craft work. Wood work like Japanese Shoji screen. Japanese style Bamboo fence design and installation. Zen garden design. Prefer Text messages or E-mail contact Additional email: toshio@toshio-abiko.com , abiko.toshio@gmail.com

08/12/2013

Horrible, this company is the worst.  The owner is as unreliable and unresponsive as you can get. If Angies list supports this company I will remove myself from its list. They did about half the work and way overcharged me. If anyone uses them make sure everything is in writing down to the last spec. If Angie's list cares about there reputation they will stay far away from AJT Landscaping. Ok, now...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Driveway, walls and landscaping.

CATEGORY masonry

10/25/2011

Upon signing contract we paid the first installment and work began on time we gave him the second installment.  Then the sporadic work and no-shows began.  We placed several calls to determine when they would be back to finish the job.  They came back to finish burying the drains said they would be back the next day to start with the cobblestone work.  Never showed up. After several more phone cal...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired Al Todesca to replace our driveway, bury drains into a dry well, reseal rock foundation, lay cobblestone in parts of new driveway as well as lay a cobblestone edge along drive.    To date all that has been done is old driveway has been torn up and the drains have been buried.  That's it

CATEGORY asphalt driveway

07/14/2011

Pros: the work was completed on time and on budget. Cons: one walkway was installed off the perpendicular, and the bricks were sliced off at an angle to give the appearance of straightness. The landing was not installed properly, such that water pools in the center. Once the work is done and the check is cashed, don't expect to hear from Al again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Al was the low bidder for replacing our front walkway, installing bluestone steps, and replacing a landing at the foot of our front stairs.

CATEGORY masonry

D

06/19/2011

see above. Both loads of loam were full fo debris.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased loam for raised vegetable gardens - 6 yards.  They delivered it promptly.  As we hauled it into the containers we saw lots of tree roots (3" dia, 2 ft) rocks (softball sized) small rocks, cigarette butts, candy wrappers, and a length of Tyvek.  I called the company and was told various stories each time I called - when they scoop the loam into the truck, it picks up debris- it was the contractor they used, they were getting lots of complaints - each time I was told to call a different time to speak to someone else.  I did get a call back from someone who apologized and offered to deliver a new load at half price.  They delivered it when I wasn't here and gave a bill for the full price.  Unfortunately, the person at home paid them the total bill.  I repeatedly called and asked for a refund without success.   The quality of the second load, which they said was from a new contractor, was no better.  It was sterile, full of the same debris.  The only vegetables that succeeded that year were the ones in the store-bought soil container.

CATEGORY landscaper

04/19/2011

This was the most time consuming and frustrating experience of my life.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
On 5/20/10 I researched and found Albert Todesca &Son Inc 4945 Washington Street West Roxbury mason/paving contractors in the Yello Pages.Big advertisement "LISCENED AND INSURED" there were big video ads on the internet of "their work for 50years". I called and received a visit from Albert Todesca Jr. who gave me a written estimate. I decided to use that company .He returned promptly  with a written contract.I gave him a DEPOSIT for $1940.00 which was 1/3 the total cost to have asphalt and cement work done on my driveway and homes foundation. The start date was to be 5/29/2010. From the next day Albert's cell phone answerd"We are sorry this number does not exist".His phone was disconnected and the check was cashed. I called the "office" several times.A lady kept telling me "He does not work here " - "This is not his company" or "If I see him  I'll give him the message".This went on for days. It was only after I reminded her that this was the same # I called in the beginning and it was she who connected me to "the person incharge of the masonary division"who was Mr Albert Todesca  and that the "contract" was written on their stationary that she allowed me to speak to his son also named Albert(laugh) He after several phone calls claimed his father was sick and he would get the job done.TO DATE NO ONE HAS SHOWN UP AND HE WILL NOT RETURN MY CALLS FOR A REFUND.I sued them in small claims court and won the judgement 4 mths ago and TO DATE I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY MONEY BACK. These guys have no fear of God or man. - S-C-A-M -A-R-T-I-S-TS.  They now advertise as Todesca Construction. D-0-N-0-T W-A-S-T-E Y-O-U-R T-I-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATEGORY masonry,asphalt driveway

Mulch, Mulch Supplier, Loam, Masonry Supply Store, Stone Supplier, Stone, Pavers Brick