RockSolid Chimney, LLC

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

54 Harrington st.

Watertown, MA 02472

We are a family owned and operated business with a combined 30 years of experience in the chimney cleaning, restoration and masonry fields. We are affordable, honest, reliable and a pleasure to work with. We proudly service the Metro West Boston and the greater Boston areas. At RockSolid Chimney, we are not just looking for customers, we are looking for "Customers for Life". We accept cash, check and credit cards. Any work that requires a Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License will need to have the permit pulled by the homeowner....

Chimney Repair (214)Chimney Sweep (83)Masonry (72)Chimney Caps (34)Fireplaces (19)General Remodeling (1)Foundation Repair (1)Animal Removal (1)

12/03/2018

The work went well. The workers were professional and helpful in their explanations of the project and punctual about completing it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair & repoint chimneys; install chimney sleeve.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2018

07/28/2018

I could not be happier. Obviously, I have not climbed on top of my 3 story house to look close up, but even from the ground I can see that what was clearly a rickety chimney now looks, well, rock solid. The chimney cap is in place and it clearly looks like it's going to stand for a very long time. Ted called me within minutes of me doing the search on Angie's List, but since Rock Solid was one of ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney needed to be repointed (almost rebuild.) Ted suggested a chimney cap and when he got up there told me that the flashing in the back of the chimney needed to be repaired as well.

CATEGORY chimney caps, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2018

05/07/2018

They did a nice job -- quick clean and left no mess. Would hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney cleaning

CATEGORY chimney sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/11/2017

01/02/2018

I made an appointment for them to be here between 10 and 12 on a specific date. When they hadn't shown up or called by 12:30, I called but got voicemail. I left a message but didn't hear back. I called again sometime later, still got voicemail, left another message. Around 5:00 I got a voicemail: "Sorry we didn't get around to your location today. Please contact us to set up another appointment." ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed to have them look at a fireplace damper that wasn't working.

CATEGORY fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/21/2017

12/28/2017

I learned that the flues did not need cleaning, but that there was about 4 feet of flue lining that was missing from the top of the chimney--there are ceramic tiles in there and for whatever reason, 4 ft were missing from the top. They replaced this with a liquid/concrete/solidifying material to seal/line the flues

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
routine cleaning of furnace/fireplace flues

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/30/2017

12/01/2017

Cancellation of first appointment was understandable, however no show or call for second scheduled appointment was unacceptable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney cleaning and repair.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2017

11/29/2017

A pleasure to deal with. Arrived in the time window they gave me and quickly cleaned the chimney and left no mess.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney cleaning

CATEGORY chimney sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/29/2017

Thank you, it was a pleasure to work for you!

11/23/2017

Very professional and competent. Explained all the repairs that were needed, as well as the process involved. On time. Cleaned up thoroughly after work was complete.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Clean and repair chimney

CATEGORY chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/23/2017

11/03/2017

The work went well but we can't really tell, until time has passed and we have some really heavy rainstorms. Willard, the foreman was good to deal with. It is important, as always, to clearly define the tasks that need to be done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Masonry repairs on brick walls of 4 chimneys of a small condo association house to seal leaks.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/03/2017

10/30/2017

Never happened. Had to get a refund.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Attempted to schedule service to reset some stone on my front stairs.

CATEGORY masonry, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2017

We offer emergency service,crown/crown repair, chimney inspections, chimney cleaning, rebuilding and repointing, installing raincaps, water-proofing, animal removal, chimney lining, dampers, flashing, smoke problem solutions

NA