Bertola Custom Homes & Remodeling

• CS-108313
  • Trade License Locale
  • 248 River St,Waltham MA 02453
  • Trade License Authority
  • Massachusetts - Department of Public Safety & Board of Building Regulations and Standarts
  • Trade License Expiration
  • 20180227

248 River Street

Waltham, MA 02453

Bertola Custom Homes is very serious about customer satisfaction! We are a medium sized construction company. We can help with your, kitchen, bathrooms and basement renovations and also to designing and building your dream home from the ground up. We will work with every budget, making high-end craftsmanship affordable. "My company can take care of every phase of your project and give you the peace of mind that you are looking for out of the construction process." Joe Bertola CEO/President of Bertola Custom Homes....

home remodeling (39)basement remodeling (21)home remodeling (17)interior painting (10)woodworking (10)electrician (9)flooring (9)door installation (9)plumber (9)basement waterproofing (7)water and smoke damage (6)window replacement (6)

11/28/2018

It was great. We've used them twice now and the owner has highly dependable team. I will work with them again and I highly recommend them. They do a great work and they won't walk away until the job is finish. Joe himself is very involved with the project which is very helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They renovated our entire home; flooring, kitchen, bathroom, paint, electrical work, plumbing and etc.

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/28/2018

01/04/2018

Great. Workers and trades were polite, skilled, punctual, neat and flexible. Unexpected conditions managed with grace and good judgment.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom gut rehab; install bedroom cabinets

CATEGORY closet systems, remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/04/2018

12/30/2017

We recently completed an extensive home renovation project in our home in Auburndale, MA. Our house is a Victorian era home built between the eighteen sixties to eighties. We initially hired an architect to design and create plans for all of the projects, followed by interviewing four contractors to perform the work. In part, based on a very positive review from friends who had recently completed ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
two major bathroom renovations, including laundry; construction of a large lighted display cabinet for our study; constructing a custom cabinet for linen storage in a hallway alcove; reconstructing the doorway and entranceway to our two story carriage house; and pouring a new concrete floor, repointing the stonework, and adding waterproofing in our basement.

CATEGORY custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2017

Photo for Bertola Custom Homes & Remodeling - 248 River Street, Waltham, MA - 36713176

11/09/2017

I've never been a homeowner before, never mind taken on a major renovation project like this. I had heard all the horror stories about other contractors from friends and family, so I was naturally skeptical when the owner, Joe Bertola, assured me that he would take care of everything. Yet much to my happy surprise, that's exactly what he has done, with deep knowledge of all the trades, an affable,...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I bought a condo that required new flooring and lighting throughout the unit, a new kitchen, and new bathroom fixtures.

CATEGORY electrician, flooring, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/09/2017

C

08/21/2017

The email process over the Angie's List site did not go well, although when I reached out to Joe personally it went much smoother. Joe came out to the site and provided an estimate when he said he would, and I must say that the estimate was broken down very well. The issue we had was that the quote was absolutely ridiculous (borderline robbery, and I have family that has been in this business for ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement renovation

CATEGORY basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/20/2017

Dear Client, I really appreciate your feedback. Like I probably said to you, everything is negotiable. The fact that I had a vision for your project and I gave you a price to execute that vision up to a certain standard and quality does not mean that you were locked into that vision or that price. Perhaps if you see the estimate carefully there are a lot of very generous allowances for the finishe...

08/18/2017

It went well! This is the second time we've used Bertola homes, and will use them again to do our kitchen remodel. Joe is more than a contractor, he's a designer! We were not happy with the original architect design, and Joe completely reworked it to give us something that we truely wanted, and gave us more home equity. I feel like he saved us! Super hero Joe (lol). The team is very polite, keep a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Joe built an addition on our house, garage, mud room, and new master suite above the garage that included a master bath and office.

CATEGORY remodeling, garage builders, home builders, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2016

01/02/2017

Joe and team made it PERFECT again. Plaster work was masterly. You would never have known it had happened. The team lead communicated with me daily by email and phone. Couldn't really ask for more.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement guest room remodeling. We had a pipe burst last winter, and it took out the whole room. The carpeting, sub-floor, and walls had to be gutted.

CATEGORY contractors, flooring, insulation, plastering, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/15/2016

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work for you.

12/19/2016

Do yourself a favor and hire Bertola Custom Homes. We recently used Bertola to repair extensive water damage caused by ice dams. Bertola needed to repair and paint ceilings and walls throughout our house as well as exterior decks/stairs. We have hired numerous contractors in the 20 years we've owned our house, and I say without hesitation that Joe Bertola is the best. His quotes are fair and rock ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair extensive ice damage.

CATEGORY decks, drywall, plastering, remodeling, wallpaper removal, water damage restoration, deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/01/2016

11/02/2015

I contacted Joe to give me an estimate on replacing the support column on the addition to my house.  He came out promptly and checked it out, then sent me a quote.  We booked the work to be done a few weeks later.  We had to reschedule because of weather but it was done within a reasonable amount of time.  I was pleased with his knowledge and assessment of the work to be done.  He sent out one of ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced support column in exterior of house

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2015

09/17/2015

We hired Joe last year to remodel our family room and bathroom. This year we hired him again to finish the other half of our basement.  I think that speaks to how satisfied we were with the first part of the project. There was no discussion as to who would do the other renovations just when we would complete the job.  As before the quality of the work and the professionalism was beyond reproach.  ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Joe and his crew remodeled the remainder of our basement to create a master bedroom and laundry room.

CATEGORY plastering, remodeling, woodworking, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2015

Custom homes. Remodeling. Carpentry. Ceramic tile/Natural Stone installation . Closets. Drywall. Fire damage restoration. Painting. Water damage restoration. Decks. Garages. Additions. Attics.

we do it all