Dave Miner Exterior Home Improvements LLC

A 112 Reviews

Founded 1980 • Angie's List since April 2008

347 Newton St

South Hadley, MA 01075

Dave Miner Exterior Home Improvements has been serving our neighbors in Western Mass for over 30 years with high quality craftsmanship and personal service. We offer free estimates and believe in maintaining quality by not subcontracting. Our workmanship is guaranteed and we are fully licensed and insured. We specialize in roofing, siding, replacement windows, attic insulation and ventilation, radiant barriers, solar power attic fans and gutter guards and utilize the latest in environmentally friendly products and resources. In 2012 we recycled over 250 tons of asphalt shingles. Dave Miner Exterior Home Improvements is an accredited A+ Member of the Better Business Bureau, a member of the Western Mass Home Builders Association and has received Angie’s List Super Service award from 2009-2012....

roofing (101)gutter installation (24)window replacement (12)siding (11)skylight installation (8)home remodeling (8)door installation (3)

05/21/2020

Outstanding. I dealt at all times directly with Dave Miner or his wife, who were responsive and personable. i wanted a quality product and a master craftsman, whose judgement I could trust. I'm fussy about what I want and expect. Dave listened, challenged - had his own opinion but was able to integrate my preferences in a balanced way. Dave was provided exactly the kind of flexibility I needed. Th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete roof replacement - on time, on-budget - for large, occupied, 100 year old, 2 family house. A 2 day job i needed done in the 4 day window, before Thanksgiving 2019.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/19/2019

05/06/2020

We hired Dave Miner to replace 3 skylights and our original roof, which was 27 years old and had became a problem inside with leaks, and out. Dave came to our home twice to present, recommend and review the different options available, which was great because it allowed us to better understand the process and choose the option which best met our needs. The job itself was done in just over a day, a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof and skylight replacement

CATEGORY roofing,skylights

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/05/2020

06/05/2017

Excellent Good workers not too fast and not too slow just right, they worked well together. Great job of cleaning up. Very polite. Even submitted the warranty paperwork to shingle manufacture for us.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New Roof and replaced drip edge as needed. Took off 3 layers of old roofs

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/11/2017

04/19/2017

Dave was extremely professional and easy to work with. He installed new skylights and re did the shingles on that side of the roof. He did not push us to re-do the whole roof, Which is reaching its end, but instead laid out a logical time line to replace the rest of the roof. The team also left the place spotless.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sky Light and roof

CATEGORY roofing,skylights

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/15/2016

03/14/2017

A premium roofing installation / experience...at a premium price. Dave Minor was the third of three contractors I contacted for estimates. I had a roof that had fallen victim to major ice dam issues which resulted in significant damage to the interior of my residence. It is a complicated roof with many angles and valleys. I did extensive research, updated my insulation and contacted three roofers ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roofing Installation Smart Vent throughout Air-gap roofing install (one section) 12' Storm/Ice Shield Siding removal and install (dormers) Gutter Guard (other specifics too numerous to mention)

CATEGORY gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/14/2017

02/11/2017

Everything went well. The crew was great and cleaned up after themselves each day. We bought new outdoor lights and they installed them for us.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced the siding and shutters on my house, replaced 3 doors, 1 storm door, 1 window and the gutters.

CATEGORY gutter repair,siding,replacement windows,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2016

11/14/2016

Dave and his crew are prompt, polite, professional and very skilled. I have a many skylights, several dormers and various roof lines. It was a big job that took place over 4 days. The roof looks beautiful and the yard is completely clean of debris. I had heard from several friends and neighbors that Dave and his crew were the best and I understand why his reputation is so outstanding. He does prov...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New roof and leaf guards added to existing gutters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/31/2017

10/13/2016

The work is booked in November but we had many people come & price the job & Dave was very informative & honest about what needed to be done & why. He was very prompt in returning calls & making sure to follow through on any of the things we had discussed in a timely fashion. I look forward to seeing the job completed. He wasn't the least expensive but definitely not the highest either, but took h...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rotted Clapboard replacement & whole upper porch refinishing including reframing & replacing Windows, gutters, & ceiling.

CATEGORY gutter repair,remodeling,siding,replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/13/2016

10/08/2016

Poor, We had scheduled to meet after 5 pm because I don't leave the office till 5. I got home at 5:10 and he had already come and gone, he just slipped some booklets through my mailslot. I attempted to contact him when I got home and realized but haven't gotten a response back in the 3 weeks since.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Siding, windows, gutters and replacement of 6 structural collumns in the front of the house

CATEGORY gutter repair,siding,replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2016

10/05/2016

.      Fantastic! He had a good team of workers and they were very professional. Last but not least they did a great job cleaning up.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced the existing carport roof including the plywood.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/22/2016

Roofing, siding, replacement windows, attic insulation and ventilation, radiant barriers, solar powered attic fans & gutter guards.

NA