Simplified Lives

Founded 2009 • Angie's List since December 2013

Managing Your Move - Simplifying Your Life: If you have - or would - ever hire a caterer...it is because a special event is less stressful and goes more smoothly when a caterer manages that event. A MOVE MANAGER is just like that - WE MANAGE YOUR MOVE! We help with all of the details and loose ends - we organize, make arrangements, pack & help find a way to sell items not needed - and take the stress of of the person or couple moving - and the family! We provide hands-on help with downsizing and organizing for a move. We help sort closets, attics, kitchen cupboards, clothes closets and pantries. We work with anyone who needs assistance with packing, shipping things to friends & relatives and figuring out what to sell or donate. We are energetic, knowledgeable and friendly but come to seriously tackle the tough organizing and packing decisions. We help with second homes when there are a lot of things to pack or unpack and in getting a home ready for sale. We help people sorting through households due to divorce. Valerie Achorn, President of Simplified Lives has a Master of Public Administration from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government. Extensive background in management of special events - and moving is a special event! Downsizing, Move Management, Organizing Details. Member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers; insured and bonded as a move manager. We become the client or family's moving advocate. We also unpack at the new location....

A Moving Experience Co

Additional DBA - A Moving Experience.

12/15/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
These women really helped me out when I had to move just after having surgery! The actual services provided were not of the detail I was led to believe in my initial consult. When told the packers would label all of my boxes with what was inside, I shouldn't have assumed there would be any rhyme or reason to what was in each box. I have had a very hard time finding things because there is not much logic to what I find in the boxes. It was an expense I had to take on due to the timing of the move, but I don't think the services were worth 1000.00.

02/08/2015

Valerie was a blessing;  I am so glad I hired her.  My home of many years was full of everything imaginable.  Not only did she do the packing, she was an encyclopedia of knowledge on what and how to do all kinds of things having to do with the move.  She taught me how to run a massive yard sale.  She helped me plan how to place the furniture in my new apartments in two different locations.  She sh...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Packed for moving, recommended other related services, delivered packages and donations, planned a yard sale, selected moving companies, emptied the attic and crawl space, answered my move related questions, advised me on things I needed to do, managed the movers and more.

CATEGORY moving companies

[removed member name] was a delightful client - smart, interesting and ready to tackle the challenge of moving from a lovely home of many years. As a move manager, I believe it is best to help clients with whatever task they need accomplished - not just organizing and packing, but helping with the myriad of details that can be overwhelming. Simplified Lives - we manage your move and simplify your ...

03/25/2014

Valerie was always punctual and extremely competent.  I call her Super Problem Solver because there isn't a problem she can't handle.  She's personable with a sense of humor.  She makes the move seem easy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Expert packing of difficult objects.  Mover referral and dealing with movers even a postponed date.  Referrals for necessary services.

03/16/2014

Simplified Lives was on time, very professional, yet down to earth price! Was extremely friendly, reasonable, took all the worry out of a very anxious time. I have hired them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Handled every detail of moving my mother from a condo to a one story Memory Care Unit. Hired movers, packed, unpacked, arranged furniture, hung pictures, worked with Assisted Living Facility, supervised move.

CATEGORY

Thank you for sending a review for Simplified Lives, your feedback and opinion are important!

03/08/2014

Valerie Achorn was very very helpful to me in planning and carrying out the entire move. I cannot imagine completing the whole process as smoothly without her. She is professional, personable, skilled.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Assistance planning, organizing major move from family home to condo. Assistance with related services... movers, online auction company, cleaners, materials/trash removal.

CATEGORY moving companies

[Members name], Thank you so much for your review! I know this will be helpful - Angie's List is a trusted source for referrals. I do appreciate your help. Valerie

Specialist in moving clients out of homes w/ a lifetime of possessions. Professional packers - we organize and pack. Shipping a small number of items to family-including art & antiques - anywhere! We find realtors/movers/antique dealers & estate sale professionals. Trained in working with dementia and Alzheimer's clients. Patient, knowledgeable - providing hands-on help from start to finish. We work for many clients who have adult children living out of state.

We are not movers - we refer to movers but WE DO PACKING! We do not make medical assessment for determining appropriate retirement community/assisted living options (we refer to a geriatric care manager). We are not real estate agents - we refer to realtors. We do not buy furniture, art, antiques, collectibles or clothing - but we make referrals & connections to antique dealers, auctioneers, consignment boutiques and resale shops.

Yes - we provide a 1 hour consultation w/ estimate