AUGUST WEST CHIMNEY CO & FIREPLACE CONCEPTS

Founded 1976 • Angie's List since February 2005

B Rated | 39 Reviews

Since 1975, The August West Chimney Co & Fireplace Concepts has proudly serviced the South Shore, Greater Boston area, Cape Cod & The Islands with its services....

Eddie and Simon

25  REVIEWS
Eddie and Simon

Masonry; Stone wall, bricks, blocks, concrete, stairs, pavers, chimney, repairs.

Award 2019

11/01/2016

If it were possible to give a rating lower than F, these people would get it. As I'm thinking of words to describe the company as a whole I'm coming up with disorganized, unprofessional, dim-witted, shady…I think you get it. Back in early September, I contacted these people for a very simple job - spray a sealant over the chimney box/liner. It started out bad with them so, really, I should have kn...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Simple fireplace repair.

CATEGORY chimney repair,fireplaces

12/16/2014

They are excellent. They are cutting edge and have all the newest stuff. They can custom build fireplaces that look amazing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was renovating (2) condos and they put a fireplace in each one.

CATEGORY fireplaces

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your your favorable review as it was a pleasure working with you. If you need us in the future or have friends that need a fireplace don't hesitate to contact us. Sincerely, August West

10/06/2014

Scheduled an appointment in the showroom, where service was excellent and scheduling was easy. The appointment for the quote went well... the representative from August West was punctual, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. The quote I received is in good order, and the price seems fair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Contacted for a fireplace insert quote, eventually to replace the chimney entirely.

CATEGORY chimney repair,fireplaces

Hello [member name removed], Please know that I will follow up with you on Monday once our masonry manager is back to work as he's been out for most of the week due to an injury. While I see an estimate in our system for the wood insert you inquired about in mid September, I need to get his paperwork for any other work that is recommended. Look to hear from me tomorrow for sure and contact me with...

06/14/2014

Great!!! Even though I didn't originally purchase my stove from August West, I wish I had. Their customer service was top notch, the entire team was knowledgable and helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a pellet stove from another dealer last year,who did not fulfill the terms of the contract. Dan and team very willingly helped me get in touch with the stove maker, clarify the issue and resolve everything.

CATEGORY fireplaces

(member name removed), Thank you for your favorable review of our company and its services as we certainly appreciate it very much. Its not often when a customer is satisfied that they tell anyone, but when someone isn't satisfied, they'd rather tell everyone and not inform the company there was an issue to begin with. If you have time, and wouldn't mind posting your review on YELP.com it would ce...

04/18/2014

They had written down that one of my chimneys was blocked and said they would get back with me and never did.  I saw one of the managers working across the street and he said he would get back with me and never did. I made three attempts with them to determine which one was blocked.  I had to go with a different company to determine which chimney was blocked.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They cleaned the chimney.  They provided a quote that was high; the quote included scaffolding.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney repair

August West has two conveniently located retail locations which offer the highest quality hearth products, including: gas fireplaces, gas inserts, gas stoves, wood & pellet stoves and inserts, gas logs, mantles, outdoor kitchens, outdoor fire pits and much more.