Jim Sullivan Masonry

B 168 Reviews

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since March 2011

PO Box 172

Methuen, MA 01844

I have been in the trade since 1976, bricklayers union local 3, first business started in 1985. I am the sole owner of jim sullivan masonry LLC. I am present on every job doing the work with one helper. It is a 2 man crew. We work for cash or checks & can make payment arrangements if needed. Award winning. Additional DBA- Sullivan Chimney Cleaning....

masonry (131)chimney repair (68)chimney cap repair (19)concrete repair (19)fireplace repair (12)chimney sweeping (9)stone and gravel (6)concrete driveway installation (3)pressure washing (2)hardscaping (1)stucco repair (1)

06/08/2020

Quality work, quickly and at a great value. I recommended them to everyone I know.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Did a great job repairing our chimney and fixing the broken liner.

CATEGORY chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/08/2020

12/11/2019

This man is an expert to what he does. After receiving several estimates from dishonest people, Jim gave e an estimate with a proper repair procedure and it went beyond the price was far less. He came as promised and did the work within the time frame as promise. No surprises and no extra charges, Everything was done as originally agreed to and the work site was cleaner that it was found.I would h...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney repair.

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/03/2019

thanks for posting your review

10/28/2019

The job was completed efficiently. A few hours on day 1 for demolition and a few hours on day 2 for rebuilding my chimney from the roofline up. Everything looks great and the clean up was well done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Repair

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2019

thanks for posting your review

10/18/2019

He was not able to fix the issue on my chimney. The chimney is still leaking from the previous work he did, and I have consulted with some masons in my area and they said that he did a very sloppy job and a lousy work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Masonry, Chimney, or Tuckpointing Service

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/30/2017

you did not opt for the complete waterproofing project which would have solved the problem. you chose to cheap out vs the guaranteed wayerproofing. as for the comments from the local chimney master, i think it would be fair if i was introduced to some of his handiwork and evaluate it. thanks for the failing grade teach.!!!

08/02/2019

Jim is a pro. He gets the job done. I mainly use him for items tied to servicing my chimney. Last year he cleaned my brick stairs and replaced my front walkway (from asphalt to brick) and it was BEAUTIFUL!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney flashing repair, new damper installation, chimney cleaning, brick masonry

CATEGORY chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/02/2019

thanks

01/20/2019

Our Chimney had cracks on sides and top; leaked a lot. Jim was on time to give an estimate, finish the job very efficiently. He made sure we are informed during the project. We are very happy of what he has done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/26/2018

thanks for the review.

12/22/2018

Jim responded quickly to my request for quote. He stopped by to check out the job and responded the same day with a quote. The quote included all the necessary info and an optional stainless steel chimney cap which I purchased. Once the job started he kept me informed daily of his progress and plans for next day. Showed up when he said he would. Communication was excellent (phone and text) and the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney had a damaged flue and needed a new cement crown.

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/19/2018

Photo for Jim Sullivan Masonry - PO Box 172, Methuen, MA - 37622874

thahks for posting your review

10/16/2018

I got a message back that simply said "too busy". Very unprofessional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Responded to the deal that they offered and got a ridiculous response.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2018

i thot my response was concise

12/14/2017

Excellent work -- it was a lot more complicated and involved than I had imagined. The new planter is much sturdier than the one which was coming apart (after 20+ years). Jim is very responsive to questions over email and got back to me very quickly when I contacted him. We are very happy with the result

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Jim rebuilt a brick planter that was falling apart

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2017

Photo for Jim Sullivan Masonry - PO Box 172, Methuen, MA - 36672568

Thanks for posting this review

09/25/2017

I would never hire this company. They are doing work at my neighbors house and with the windows closed and air conditioning running all I can hear is the foul mouth screaming of an older gentlemen to the workers. The language out of his mouth and the screaming at his workers is totally unnecessary, unprofessional and not fair to the residents of the neighborhood. I would never hire this foul mouth...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I would never hire this company. They are doing work at my neighbors house and with the windows closed and air conditioning running all I can hear is the foul mouth screaming of an older man to the workers. The language out of his mouth and the screaming at his workers is totally unnecessary, unprofessional and not fair to the residents of the neighborhood. I would never hire this foul mouthed lunatic.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/25/2017

[Member Name Removed], I sincerely apologize for my offensive language, and for have being loud enough to be heard through your closed windows. Thank you for pointing this out. I will try to keep myself in check on future job sites. Much of my work comes from neighbors of those I am working for, and referrals, so it was certainly not my intent to offend you. Jim

Brick, block, stone & concrete. Chimney building, sweeps, caps & liners. Fireplaces. Sidewalks. Patios. Stone walls.

Masonry material sales. Landscaping. Gutters. Snow removal. Roofing. Plumbing. Electrical. Carpentry.