Boston Standard Plumbing, Heating & Cooling

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

41 Hollingsworth St

Mattapan, MA 02126

Boston Standard is your local, expert install & service company for all things plumbing, heating and cooling. We are a family owned and operated business that is proud to serve the Boston area and our community. Our team of technicians specialize in matching your familys needs to the best solutions to provide maximum value and comfort in your home. Boston Standards team is available 24 hours per day. Our trucks are well-stocked service vehicles that can make plumbing, heating and cooling repairs quickly in order to get you back to enjoying your day. We answer the phone when you call, keep your home clean and warranty our work- and on top of that, we are a group of friendly, caring professionals. We are able to assess your home and recommend a new heating or cooling system, replace your old water heater, repair your steam system, assist with your bathroom remodel or clean that slow drain in your bathroom sink. We provide superior quality and customer service to all customers, no matter how large or small the job may seem. We are a Trane Comfort Specialist and proud to install Trane heating & cooling systems Our service charge is $99 to respond to a call, and our pricing is done upfront, by the job. Please call for more details....

Plumbing (329)Heating and Air Conditioning (115)Water Heaters (49)Drain Cleaning (34)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (6)Wells and Pumps (6)Air Duct Cleaning (5)Water Filtration and Softening (4)Electrical (3)Natural Gas Lines (1)Appliance Sales and Installation (1)Fireplaces (1)

02/18/2020

We contacted Boston Standard to evaluate and repair the mini-split AC and heating system in our two-family house. Their recommendation was that our system was undersized and that we needed a compressor that was designed for low temperature heating. They recommended upsizing the system with new larger compressors. The first problem was the work quality. They damaged siding on the house, installed t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair existing mini-split heating and air conditioning

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/08/2020

Photo for Boston Standard Plumbing, Heating & Cooling  - 41 Hollingsworth St, Mattapan, MA - 38394066

[Member Name Removed], We brought the manufacturer to your home last week and the systems we installed are working exactly as they are supposed to be. Our most recent visit to your home found the HVAC unit plugged with construction debris, which we took photos of and cleaned out for free. You blamed us for things we didn't cause, like blown in insulation clogging up the indoor fan. This was caused...

02/06/2020

My technician Ceasar and his co-worker were very professional and addressed all of my concerns. It was a good experience and I highly recommend them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Annual precision tune-up for my heating system.

CATEGORY plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/06/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback, it was a pleasure working for you and we hope to earn your business again when you need us! Kind Regards, Boston Standard

11/20/2019

It took slightly longer than expected, but there was a lot of work. Overall, everything went smoothly. Wilson and Bill were the workers and they did a terrific job under some difficult space and weather circumstances.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace Boilers and water heaters (2) in a multi-family house

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Best, Boston Standard

11/13/2019

They were very organized and definitely knew what they were doing but it was very expensive.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced a 3 way valve.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/11/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed] Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our team. Yes, it is difficult when dealing with Navien repairs and the costs associated with that, but we are glad that we were able to help get your heat & hot water back up the same day! Best, Boston Standard

05/07/2019

My gas water heater was leaking and starting to get a bit old... so I needed a replacement. Boston Standard gave me an estimate after emailing them a few photos of my existing setup, and came out to replace it the next morning. Their estimate came in lower than another company I looked at by a fair amount. They also gave me a discount on a scratched water heater they had on hand that another custo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Water heater replacement

CATEGORY plumbing, water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/07/2019

Thank you for the review! Happy hot water!

04/23/2019

The team at Boston Standard is great - very customer oriented. They always answer the phone, are polite and actually care about helping to resolve your problems, especially if you have a service plan! My repairman showed up on time and completed work within an hour to rebuilt the inside of my shower. He showed me the broken parts, had me test the shower when done and provided info on the warranty ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair Shower & Repair Viessman Tankless Boiler

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/19/2019

Thank you for your review!

03/07/2019

From placing my initial phone call to signing the check I was extremely impressed with Joanie, who answered the call and JT and Jose, who replaced my old water heater. It took less than 24 hours to get my new water heater up and running from the moment I called them. Highly professional, efficient, and kind. I would recommend the Boston Standard Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling without reservations.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Old water heater replacement

CATEGORY water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/07/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful review, we know people are busy and taking the time to share your experience is appreciated. We hope to help you with any plumbing, heating or cooling issues in the future. Kind Regards, Boston Standard

01/24/2019

They gave us early appointment the day after our burst/pipe flood. Arrived promptly (after calling to give us precise time of arrival. The team (Brandon and Bill) were impressive from start to finish, figuring the exact price in advance and staying until we were all satisfied that the system was functioning well again. Brandon and Bill were professional, knowledgeable, efficient, and unusually per...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair burst heating pipe; drain, refill, and purge water lines, install new thermostat, and made sure the whole system (two zones) was working properly.

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/24/2019

01/14/2019

Had 2 forced hot air systems checked/inspected. One system had a failed pump which the service tech replaced on the spot- also swapped out air filter since I had in hand. Technician was friendly and thorough with job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Heating system annual maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us, it was a pleasure working for you. Kind Regards, Boston Standard

07/25/2018

TJ was friendly and professional and stayed until the issue was resolved. I would recommend using Boston Standard based on my experience with TJ.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My brand new HVAC unit would run but not produce cool air. After having three other HVAC experts out to troubleshoot I finally called Boston Standard. They identified the issue, fixed the problem and stayed until the unit was producing cold air. I wish I had called them sooner before wasting so much time and money on the other vendors who were unable to identify the issue (but still charged me lots of money).

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2018

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]! We are looking forward to sharing your positive experience with everyone at our next staff meeting. We are here for any of your heating, cooling or plumbing needs! Kind Regards, Laura Wood

Plumbing, Leak Repairs, Drain Cleaning, Gas Piping & Fitting, Sump Pumps, Commercial Water Heater Installation & Service,Sewage Ejection, Electrical Service, Water Heaters - Tankless, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, & Stove Installation, Toilets, Faucets, & Sinks, Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling, & Water Filtration. Heating –Boiler & Furnace Installation & Repair, Oil-To-Gas Conversions, & Master Steam Boiler Fitting & Repair. Cooling, AC Repairs & Diagnostics,Ductwork, & Ductless Mini-Split, AC install

Appliance Repair. Oil Service.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing