Sovereign Design Associates

A 18 Reviews

Founded 2007 • Angie's List since January 2017

36 Ethier Cir

Marlborough, MA 01752

Sovereign Design Associates is a 12 year old, 5 person Design Studio located in Framingham. We specialize in all facets of Residential & Commercial Architecture and Construction Documentation. We combine the latest advances in Architectural Design Technology and Sustainability with Historically Proven Architectural Concepts. Beyond our relentlessness in customer satisfaction, we are intensely committed to the sense of community development, humanity advancement and environmental protection. Our process is simple and effective. Our customers never feel pressured and our fees are very reasonable. From the simplest to the most complex projects, our focus is to create beautiful and efficient designs, that are affordable to build and comply with construction laws and best industry practices. Don't hesitate to contact us for a free consultation at 508-308-0180....

architect (16)home remodeling (10)structural engineering (6)home builder (5)home remodeling (1)lawn care (1)

11/12/2020

Everything went smoothly. Allen and his team were great to work with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We retained Allen and his team to design an accessible addition to a 130 year old Queen Anne Victorian. We wanted the addition to look as if it was part of the original house and they nailed it. The symmetry between the old and new porch orientation and roof lines are amazing. They also created a wonderfully comfortable living space inside that is completely accessible for a wheelchair. I highly recommend this team. They were professional and involved in every aspect of the design and build.

CATEGORY remodeling,home builders,architect

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/30/2019

01/19/2020

We hired Allen and his team at Sovereign as soon as we bought our house. He was highly recommended by a friend. We bought a bank owned home and it needed a lot of work. The big thing was to remodel the kitchen. Allen came to our house and suggested something totally different than what we had imagined. It was such a wild concept from what we had in mind but we decided to trust his professional opi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Conceptual Design & Construction Documentation for Kitchen Remodel

CATEGORY remodeling,structural engineer,architect,home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/19/2020

Photo for Sovereign Design Associates - 36 Ethier Cir, Marlborough, MA - 38339672

[Member Name Removed] I truly appreciate the thoughtful review and the pictures. It was a blessing working with both of you and [Member Name Removed] did a fantastic job on the decor! I look forward to working together again. Cheers, Allen

01/17/2020

Exceedingly well.The person I dealt with was very helpful,knowledgeable and professional

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Architecture Project Consultation

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/17/2020

Hey [Member Name Removed], I appreciate the review! I am glad to have helped. If the circumstances change and you want to purse the big remodeling plans I would be excited to be help!

01/10/2020

Was helpful in providing peace of mind in free consult, honest pre-assessment appreciated!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Structural advice

CATEGORY structural engineer

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], My pleasure, I am glad to have helped! Thanks for the review.

09/25/2018

Allen and his team at Sovereign Design Associates were introduced to us by a dear friend. We needed an architect to design a sunroom and a covered porch off our kitchen and dining room. We interviewed Allen and ended up hiring him for the job. We couldn't be more thrilled with the experience! Allen and his team designed a gorgeous bright sunroom with floor to ceiling glazed panels, coffered ceilin...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
porch and extension

COST $1,600,000

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/30/2018

Photo for Sovereign Design Associates - 36 Ethier Cir, Marlborough, MA - 37423698

09/18/2018

Excelent experience. Very reliable and on time. I would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Building design

CATEGORY remodeling,structural engineer,architect

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/18/2018

09/14/2018

I had spoken with two other architects previously about my project. One never called me to set up the visit and the other one came but I did not feel secure enough to give him the project even though he was a little cheaper than Sovereign. So the search continued. I found Sovereign Design Associates at Angie's List. Allen, the owner, came over and we had a great discussion about my project. Allen ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Architectural Plans for a Master Bathroom Suite and 2nd Floor Remodel

CATEGORY structural engineer,architect

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/09/2018

08/06/2018

Darlan and his team came up with an amazing plan to bring my newly purchased and outdated condo up to a new and modern day look that both my fiance and I wanted. I initially had reservations about using a designer in general because I wasn't sure how everything would look and I wanted my house to be mine after everything was said and done. Darlan was very receptive to my concerns and helped both m...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Condo Remodeling

CATEGORY remodeling,home builders,architect

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/14/2018

07/21/2018

I recently remodeled our 100+ year old Victorian 2 family in Brookline. A major concern was maintaining the period charm while creating living space for today. Allen and the Sovereign team were unbelievable. Their ingenious ideas for melding the old and new were beyond my wildest expectations. The result is a contemporary home with all of the 19th century charm. I would enthusiastically recommend ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remodel/restoration

CATEGORY remodeling,architect

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/21/2018

06/29/2018

Allen did a great job of getting the needs of the project, having structural analyses done, and forming the final plans for a zoning hearing - they are excellent.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Plans for renovation of one side of a two-family duplex

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/29/2018

Architect Building & Design - New Home Construction, Custom Luxury Homes, Additions, Condo Conversions, Multi-Family Conversions, Townhouses & Apartments, Kitchen & Bath Remodels, Buildings Change Of Use, Outbuildings & Other Structures, Decks & Porches, Interior Alterations & Renovations, Handicap Accessibility Renovations, Structural Repairs & Alterations, & Construction Consulting & Project Management.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal