Bay State Brick & Stonework

Founded 1989 • Angie's List since June 2009

Awards & Badges

PO Box 70

Mansfield, MA 02048

Bay State Brick and Stonework, a Super Service Award winner, was founded in 1989 in West Roxbury, Massachusetts serving all of Eastern Massachusetts including the urban centers of Boston and Cambridge. Our expertise includes all elements of masonry restoration and new masonry construction.         Additional address - 30 Winter St, Mansfield, MA 02048. Additional phone - (508) 339-2770. Additional DBA - baystatebrick.com....

masonry (85)chimney repair (25)hardscaping (15)stone and gravel (12)concrete repair (12)chimney cap repair (7)foundation repair (5)pressure washing (4)lawn & landscaping (4)stucco repair (3)basement waterproofing (3)gutter installation (3)

11/26/2020

Mike Hernon and his crew started the job quickly. They were very thorough and did excellent work. The stairs now look great. Cleanup was very good. Mike was responsive and easy to work with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removal and regrouting of my granite front steps

CATEGORY masonry,basement waterproofing,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/09/2020

09/04/2020

I enjoyed a wonderful relationship with Mike and crew while they completed our fairly extensive exterior four story brick building work. I was kept well informed about the process and Mike made time to cheerily answer my questions along the way. My experience was totally positive, the crew worked hard, we’re very accommodating and the job reasonably priced. I highly recommend Bay State Brick and S...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brick replacement and repointing, general masonry repair

CATEGORY masonry,pavers, gravel,basement waterproofing,pressure washing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/04/2020

It was a pleasure to work for you. You helped to make our job that much easier by providing quick and positive responses to all of our questions regarding contingencies. Best wishes!

04/13/2020

Great! Mike was extremely professional, prompt, and personable. Would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install Chimney Liner

CATEGORY masonry,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/12/2020

01/08/2020

I chose Baystate based on the quality of their work on two of my neighbors houses. Those neighbors were very very satisfied with the work that had been done and the finished products were beautiful. My mistake was waiting 6 weeks to call Baystate, that's why my job didn't start until late October. Once Mike Hernon had seen the work required, I received a written estimate in the mail in a few days....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair and replacement of damaged bricks, steps and top platform of my front stairs.

CATEGORY masonry,pressure washing,marble & granite

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/29/2019

07/27/2019

They were great! Excellent response time. Christine was very nice and called me back immediately every time. The estimate was timely, detailed and very professional. Because the price was so reasonable I have money left in the budget to get new glass doors on the old fireplace. Mike was very patient and professional with all my questions and made suggestions about the cap and he caulked all around...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney repointing with brick replacement, rebuild of the top of the chimney and install new stainless steel cap. Water seal and caulk around the roof flashing and chimney sides. Repoint gaps in bricks around firebox.

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/30/2019

06/26/2018

It went very good, I am please as a matter of fact!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They paved a walk way.

CATEGORY masonry,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/03/2017

12/08/2017

Getting an estimate initially was difficult to coordinate and I almost gave up on this company. However, once Mike arrived on site everything went smoothly. A hardcopy estimate arrived shortly after the visit. The scope of work proposed was a bit more extensive than proposals from other masons. Mike explained the tradeoffs and the requirement to bring the 40 year old chimney up to current building...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired / Rebuilt chimney damaged by tree blowdown and added cap

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/13/2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We certainly appreciate the opportunity to work for you and we would be delighted to work again with you in the future.

10/11/2017

I had previously hired this company to repoint our foundation, and they did a great job. This time, we needed our cement front steps repaired. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the transformation that happened. I mean...they're just basic cement stairs, nothing fancy. Well, they look amazing. You can really see the care that went into the work, and I couldn't be happier. Not to mention that Mike an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front step repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/09/2017

09/20/2017

Mike and his crew did an excellent job. They were punctual and very professional, and the stairs all look great. They were very responsive to questions and responded quickly. I would definitely use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repairs to two flights of brick stairs and to concrete stairs in bulkhead.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/14/2017

06/06/2017

Work went great over the course of a morning. Company knew we were on a tight time schedule and fit us in when they had another cancellation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired several cracks on retaining wall.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/03/2017

Masonry restoration, new construction services, chimneys, steps, walks, patios, walls, fieldstone foundations, concrete flat work, install & service sump pumps, french drains, chimney relining kits, chimney caps, radon remediation systems. Roof cleaning, snow plowing, snow removal, excavating