M.J. Masonry & Chimney

• Trade License Expiration
  • 11/11/2022

29 Hancock St

EVERETT, MA 02149

I am a certified chimney inspector and bricklayer mason. I pretty much do it all For chimneys I do cut and points rip down and rebuilds if needed. Install caps liners flues, And of course sweeps. I also do cut and points on stairs build walkways fix or build retaining walls, patios. Any type of masonry restorations, No job is to small for me from a crack in your foundation to a brick out of place. I am an owner operated business and have been in this industry for over 20 years. I don't think there's anything left that I haven't seen or couldn't fix. I do FREE QUOTES. And have the lowest prices around. I have property and liability insurance. Also, I am a licensed home improvement contractor. My license number is 200109 and is good until November 11, 2022. ...

chimney repair (25)chimney cap repair (16)chimney sweeping (13)masonry (11)fireplace repair (6)hardscaping (1)

11/16/2020

Very well.Another company gave me a bid which was 4x higher.Michael came to my house inspected the fireplace told me had to be done.Michael and Artie replaced the bricks and they matched perfect.Crack was repaired and now we can enjoy our fireplace again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace cracked bricks in fireplace chimney and crack in firebox

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2020

11/12/2020

Extremely responsive, polite and honest!! Would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inspection of chimney

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/05/2020

11/08/2020

Michael was excellent! Would hire him again in a second. I had another company come in and told me I needed a ton of work done on my chimney. I didn’t believe that to be the case and Michael was able to confirm my chimney was in great shape. Hire MJ Masonry & Chimney before you hire anyone else you’ll be gladly did!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/08/2020

11/07/2020

It went very well, he was prompt, cleaned the area and does great work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed a new liner installed, cap and repair for the main chimney and the other chimney with a wood stove, needed to be swept

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/06/2020

10/29/2020

I was very appreciative that Mike came over the same day I called to certify my chimney for my new heating boiler installation. He went out of his way to come by to meet me after his other work was done at 5:30 pm. Mike was very knowledgeable and communicative. He was prompt and on time and always respond to my texts. He even refused to fix my chimney flashing as I am planning to replace my roof n...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney certification for new boiler installation

CATEGORY chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/28/2020

10/29/2020

Mike was great! Knowledgeable, responsive and fair. You can tell he cares about his clients.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/29/2020

10/21/2020

M.J. Masonry and Chimney were fantastic. Our chimney needed a liner, chimney cap, as well as some masonry repair work. We had estimates from other providers, including one that proposed a cost 4x higher. M.J. Masonry did great work, were incredibly responsive and prompt, and the price was fantastic. We would hire them for any future chimney job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our chimney needed a liner and cap, as well as some masonry repair.

CATEGORY chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2020

10/17/2020

Called when he was on the way. Very knowledgable and efficient.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cleaned chimney

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2020

10/17/2020

Mike was wonderful to work with. He was professional and courteous. I especially appreciated how good he was at keeping me informed. Everything was done in a timely manner. I am very happy with the results.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Sweep and chimney cap

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2020

10/17/2020

I moved in a year ago. This is first time I have had chimney swept. It clearly had not been done in a while. Michael arrived on time, masked, fixed damper, removed a lot of soot concrete and fallen mortar. Which meant longer than anticipated but charged what he estimated, left no mess, took everything away and wiped down where he had worked with antiseptic wipes. Would definitely recommend and wil...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2020