AAREN CHIMNEY & ROOFING SERVICE

Founded 1975 • Angie's List since November 2002

B Rated | 70 Reviews

8 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES APPLY. LIC# 120363. ADDITIONAL CONTACT PARKER SULLIVAN....

Eddie and Simon

25  REVIEWS
Eddie and Simon

Masonry; Stone wall, bricks, blocks, concrete, stairs, pavers, chimney, repairs.

Award 2019

11/01/2017

I like the way they explained things as they went along. It is an old house, so it needed a lot of work and they found all that needed to be done. They did an excellent job. I will definitely recommend them and absolutely use them, again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Redid Chimney and Roof Repairs

CATEGORY roofing,chimney repair

10/29/2012

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
DON'T USE THEM ! Had a problem with water coming in through a window frame. Aaren roofing said they could fix my problem if they replaced the whole roof. I asked them if they could just fix that section and they said no they had to re-do the whole roof. After roof was done I had the same leak in the same place. They told me to get a heat coil and they would install it. That seemed to take care of the leak.  By researching the internet, I figured out the problem I was having was an ice dam, which should have been remedied by adding more ventilation to the eaves. Roof replacement has no effect on ice dams. Replacing the roof was a waste of time and money and the fix was a $60 heat coil that melts the ice dam as needed. So I wasted $7000 !!! I filed complaints with Attorney General, Angie's List and better Business Bureau to no avail. Aaren claims heat coil was my idea to install (good ruse on their part to get me to buy it) and they take no responsibility that the roof replacement did nothing to stop my problem. The three agencies I filed complaints with could do nothing to help me - If the company you complain about to Angies List doesn't want to cooperate, Angie's is powerless. MA. Office of Consumer Affairs sided with Aaren (I thought it was the office of CONSUMER affairs), Better Business Bureau is paid by the businesses so don't expect help from them. Anyhow good luck with Aaren Roofing who claim to have been in business for 35 years even though nobody there is named Aaren. Also - When I pointed out a hole in the sheathing inside the roof where cold air was coming in - They claimed in their report that rodents caused it and told me in person that I was crazy if I thought they were going to do any more work for free even though their signed contract claims a guarantee of workmanship

02/17/2012

I had Aaren Chimney and Roofing Service put on a new roof in late 2009 because of a leak I was getting in the kitchen. At that time I asked Jim Jalkewicz if he could just work on the troubled area but according to Jim Jalkewicz - If I put on a new roof all my problems would be over. The next time the weather got bad the leak in the kitchen began again. Jim sent his crew out to hammer out an ice da...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had Aaren Chimney and Roofing Service put on a new roof in late 2009 because of a leak I was getting in the kitchen. At that time I asked Jim Jalkewicz if he could just work on the troubled area but according to Mr. Jalkewicz - If I put on a new roof all my problems would be over. The next time the weather got bad the leak in the kitchen began again. Jim sent his crew out to hammer out an ice dam and told me to get a heated cable which they installed outside on the roof. I have used that whenever the snow builds up on the roof and have not had the leak in the kitchen since.

CATEGORY roofing

Hole in roof has nothing to do with the roof installed. The hole is in the trim work of the dormer caused by a rodent nesting in overhang. My guarantee is for workmanship and leakage for 5 years. I can't be held responsible for rodents eating into his house. He's admitted there's no leaks in his roof.
C

06/30/2011

I was not very happy because they were not able to fix the leak. This was due to an ice dam problem. I had to wait till the winter to find out it was bad.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This was to try and repair a leaky roof that they installed.

10/13/2009

I used them before so I called them to look at the roof. The representative that I worked with has retired and I was not impressed with the new one. It has been three or four weeks and I still have not received an estimate.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My roof needs repaired.

CATEGORY roofing

CHIMNEY CLEANING, REPAIR AND SERVICE, ROOFING REPAIR INSTALLATION AND SERVICE. ROOF ICE AND SNOW REMOVAL. SOME LIGHT CARPENTRY WORK. GUTTER CLEANING.

METAL ROOFS (AT PRESENT)