Maguire Masonry

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

29 Bostonia Ave

Brighton, MA 02135

Maguire Masonry provides free estimates and is fully insured. 20 years in business 5% discount for Angie's list members...

Masonry (53)Concrete Pouring and Repair (8)Foundation Repair (6)Chimney Repair (5)Stone and Gravel (4)Chimney Caps (4)Stucco (3)Pavers and Hardscaping (3)

06/20/2019

Eugene did an excellent job pointing, repairing, and sealing our two chimneys. He also installed chimney caps. He was very communicative, thorough, and professional. We were very pleased with him and with his work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
pointing, repair, sealing of chimney and installing chimney caps

CATEGORY masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2019

06/19/2019

We repointed our stone basement foundation wall. Maguire Masonry responded to us quickly with the quote. They scheduled the job and finished it as per estimated time. They did a clean work and so far we have been very satisfied with the work done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repointing of the basement foundation

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/10/2019

06/12/2019

It went very well. Eugene did a great job and everything went smoothly we would happily hire him again. His prices were reasonable and he was clear about when he could get the work done and the timing. I will be happy to update the review down the road regarding long term quality, but I have every reason to think his work will hold up super well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilding one chimney, removing another chimney, and repairing a third chimney

CATEGORY masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2019

05/21/2018

Excellent work ethic and work product. I hired Eugene to demo my brick steps and replace them with granite treads on brick risers. He showed up when he said he would, worked nonstop, and kept the job site clean throughout. His workmanship was outstanding - everything is level, mortar joints are uniform, edges are clean, and it looks great. He was extraordinarily responsive and clearly takes pride ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of brick steps with granite treads and brick risers.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/21/2018

03/01/2018

Eugene Maguire and associates did an excellent job, and were very responsive. He is honest, a nice person, and they work efficiently. Work was done on time, at agreed-to price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replacing brick front steps and railings to our house, and repairing cement border around front yard

CATEGORY concrete repair, masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2017

01/26/2018

We got quotes from two masons and went with Eugene as his quote was by far the best price. He was also very prompt responding to email and getting a quote to us. He got us into his schedule quickly, only a few weeks after we signed an agreement. He was even able to start early on the job, which in my experience is almost unheard of for contractors. We paid part of the work up front, and part after...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repointing of one side of our single family brick home in Cambridge. Masonry on the wall was probably over 30 years old, and needed to be repointed as there were deep groves in the masonry as well as old metal brackets for shutters.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/09/2017

Thanks

10/26/2017

Eugene and Raphael were prompt, polite, and hard working. Eugene made sure to complete all the projects on time and within the budget. He had to re-point a large area on the side of the house. He set up scaffolding and finished the job on time. He did 3 separate jobs for us and I would hire him again. We did get an estimate from another contractor and Eugene's plan was more sensible and economical...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Eugene did 3 jobs for us: 1. repaired crumbling brick facade in front of garage 2. re-pointed brick house where needed. 3. Capped our chimney

CATEGORY masonry, chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2017

10/12/2017

Eugene fit this work in for me despite a very busy schedule, he showed up when he said he would, and he did the job very well (including work outside the second floor from a ladder). He also charged a very reasonable price for the work, and did not increase his price despite the fact that the job ended up being much more significant than initially planned. (I paid him extra because of the addition...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed masonry work done to install a vent pipe through exterior brick wall of my condo building in Charleston, Massachusetts. The work entailed drilling and expanding a hole through a wall consisting of three layers of brick to allow for the ventilation pipe for a rang hood.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/21/2017

08/10/2017

Scheduled meeting and he never showed up for appointment. Called one day later to say that he had been at my house but, I wasn't there. This was not true. In any case, I asked him if he wanted to reschedule and he said he'd have to call me back to reschedule. I never heard from him again. Waste of my time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Called to get a quote for repairing a retaining wall.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2017

I called to house no one was there

07/02/2017

Needed brick repointing work in the basement and the job was well done. He also built a brick patio and the patio was beautifully done. I highly recommend him!!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed brick repointing work in the basement and a brick patio in my back yard.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2017

2014 Super Service Award Winner! Masonry residential and commercial /including brick /block /new and old restoration /waterproofing /repointing walkways /chimneys basement foundation repairs

NA