Sal's Auto & Truck Repair

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

5 Willow St

Acton, MA 01720

Winner of 2018 ANGIE'S LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARD for 4th year. At Sal's Auto & Truck Repair, we care for more than cars. Local, independent and family-owned and run serving Acton Boxborough & Metrowest Boston communities for over 4 decades, Sals Auto is a complete one-stop trusted car care center: oil changes, brakes, engine repairs, new tires, car batteries, heat and A/C, towing too. VOTED the #1 best Auto Repair Shop in Acton MA & #1 Regional GOLD Award for Acton - Boxborough Concord Maynard Stow & Boston West suburbs for 2018, Sals Auto quality ASE trained technicians use the latest automotive technology & diagnostics to service all car makes & models, SUVs & light trucks domestic & imports. A-plus rated by the BBB. At Sals Auto, we take pride in our work and are committed to 100% customer satisfaction. Complimentary 60 point vehicle safety with any auto service to keep your car safe and reliable on the road. FREE Lifetime tire rotation special with the purchase of 4 new tires! Convenient 1-stop auto repair & autobody & painting next door from fellow Angie's List Super Service Award winner Hansen Auto Body Acton. Call Sal's Auto & Truck Repair at 978-263-2614 today for an appointment! Thank you for your business. Sal Panetta, Owner...

Auto Service (17)Auto Tires (4)Auto Towing (3)Snow Removal (2)Oils/Lubricants (2)Wheels and Tires (2)Engine Repair (1)Exhausts (1)Alternators (1)Auto Transmission (1)Accessories - Auto (1)Electrical - Auto (1)

10/26/2018

Recently had repairs done on my vehicle. The service was excellent and they were very responsive to all my concerns and questions about what was going on with my vehicle. Sal is great and the two women in the office were excellent! Recommending to everyone I know to go here!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Auto repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/26/2018

Thank you for your review, We are happy we were able to meet all your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
C

07/29/2018

no response when I requested general estimate

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
head gasket

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am sorry for any miscommunication. We called and left a message for you to return our call about your auto repair needs. When we did not receive any follow up, we assumed you were looking closer to Merrimack, NH for service. We would be happy to serve you. Please call us at 978-263-2614. Thank you. Sal's Auto & Truck Repair

06/28/2018

I've taken my old beaters to Sal many times and he's always kept me rolling, provided sound advice and kept in touch well about progress and options. He helped me transition off of one dying car by letting me know it wasn't worth putting more money into out and he fixed it just enough so that as to buy me time to get something new.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brakes, alignment, tire change, AC, defroster, engine mount repair, inspections, oil changes, exhaust pipe replacement, other.

CATEGORY auto repair, car tires

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/28/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. It is always a pleasure. Have a great summer vacation!

02/19/2018

The person who was plowing my driveway in year's past had left the area and didn't notify us so we didn't know until he didn't show up on the 1st snowstorm. It was very hard to find anyone to even return my call. When I finally got in touch with Sal's they had no problem showing up for a snowstorm the very next day. They did a great job (best job I had in living here 10 years) and tries to minimiz...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Snow Plowing

CATEGORY snow removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/19/2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Sal's! We do have a lot of experience with snow plowing with our neighbors in the Acton - Boxborough area! Sal's Auto & Truck Repair also offers complete auto maintenance, repair and towing services when the need arises! Thank you for your business. - .Sal

12/19/2017

Sal did an excellent job with these repairs. Sal (the owner) and his assistant Jean are very cooperative and competent. These are people you can trust.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He fixed the heat in my Ford truck and replaced the automatic transmission filter and gasket.

CATEGORY auto repair, transmission repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/19/2017

Thank you. Sal's Auto is happy to serve you (as our neighbor also) and repair and service your Ford truck. We look forward to serving you in 2018. Cheers, Sal's Auto & Truck Repair Acton

08/07/2017

they got me a sticker.....cheap ($100)...engine lite was on....somehow they managed to get it off long enough for sticker.....took them 2 days cause they were backed up/short-staffed....owner was very nice/helpful so I over looked that

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
mass inspection....minor routine maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/07/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review and feedback of Sal's Auto. We're glad it worked out with the MA inspection sticker and the minor Check Engine repair service. Sorry about the timing but we were a bit backed up before the 4th of July and we were down an auto tech that day. Look forward to serving you again soon. - Sal and Jean

04/20/2017

it went very well. they know when they need to plow based on the weather forecast. if it`ll be warm and there`s not a lot of snow, they are not going to plow and charge. which I think it great because they charge by how many times they come. I will definitely recommend them to my friend and will hire again if I need.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
driveway snow plow for the whole winter season

CATEGORY snow removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/15/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We were happy to help with your snow plowing this winter in [Member Information Removed]. Please keep Sal's Auto & Truck Repair in mind for your seasonal car care needs too! Thank you for your business. Sal

10/10/2016

Friendly staff, fair price, and quick turnaround

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brake pads were worn out and needed replacement.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/14/2016

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Sal's Auto & Truck Repair! We look forward to serving you again soon. Sal Panetta - Owner

01/06/2016

Got it started and charged us nothing.  Also very kind, prompt and responsive.  I don't remember the exact date, but I do remember being impressed with the mechanic's kindness.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Came to our house for a AAA call when the car wouldn't start.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2015

Thank you. Sal's Auto & Truck Repair also offers vehicle towing & car battery checks, along with complete auto maintenance & repair service.

07/25/2015

They towed the car from our driveway, fixed it in time. Sal is very responsive and lets you know if the repairs will go above the estimate. Works with your auto insurance to save you the pain.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Did some body work on our Honda CR-V

CATEGORY auto repair, towing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/14/2014

We’re happy that Sal's Auto Acton towing and auto services worked out well. Thank you for being a valued customer. Call for us any of your auto maintenance and repair needs.

Auto repair service & light truck repair - Complete car car: oil change, brakes, check engine repairs, lights, transmission, emissions & exhaust, New tires & wheel alignment. Auto A/C Air Conditioning & Heating, Vehicle Towing, battery check & road service available. Pre-MA State vehicle inspection, Car warranty services. Seasonal snow plowing.

MA State vehicle pre-inspection offered. Autobody work & car painting next door from our friends at Hansen Auto Body Acton.

Not Applicable