Home Improvements

A11 REVIEWS

Founded 2005 • Angie's List since July 2013

2728 Blanche St

Marrero, LA 70072

Home Improvements can assist you with handyman projects....

Handyman Services (9)Lawn and Yard Work (7)Landscaping (4)Gutter Cleaning (2)Fencing (2)Plumbing (2)Lawn Irrigation (1)

09/05/2018

Aleck is extremely professional and works hard to get the most out of a budget. He cleans up every day even if a job goes over a few days. It’s a pleasure to work with someone you can rely on.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pulling out dead trees, planting new ones, overall trimming and maintenance, new beds, repair irrigation system

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2018

06/19/2018

Thank You, Mr. Aleck Scallan, for conversing with me and providing a quote for lawn care service on this past Friday, June 15, 2018. The homeowner of this property was a decorated veteran, who is currently disabled and co-owner of very prodigious apartment complexes and numerous rental properties that expand over the Southern and Southeastern Regions. Because of our expansion to other locations (u...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lawn Care Services

CATEGORY lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/15/2018

I was very polite to you I apologize that it knock on the door harder was trying to be polite I gave you very awesome price of $30 to cut your grass I’m sorry that you find my price is high but that’s the lowest I can go the gentleman told me whom I Spoke with said your neighbor cut the grass but he didn’t do a good job so he is trying to p*** him off by calling me out there thank you very much ha...

06/14/2017

You set a time and he is there when expected. Easy to give instructions on what I want done and does a great job. He is a type of person who is a "Jack of all Trades". He can handle jobs outside and inside your home. His price is reasonable and I highly recommend him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mr. Scallan has done many jobs for me over the past few years. Recently cutting bushes, fixing gutters, changing boards on my garage. Had a leak in roof and he did a wonderful job fixing it. I had originally called a roofer who could not even found the leak. So he knows his stuff. Also is now helping me with my bathroom remodeling.

CATEGORY fencing, gutter cleaning, handyman service, landscaper, lawn service, plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2017

03/18/2016

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Disassembled & reassembled a Murphy bed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2016

11/17/2015

When Mr. Scallon came to give us a price, we asked that he include some type of drainage, tree trim, and tree transplant. After we discussed it, we decided to just have the drainage done at this time. One of the factors in this decision was Mr. Scallon's lack of insurance that would cover such a dangerous tree trimming job.  The drainage work was done when Mr. Scallon said it would be done. It was...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a drainage system that conducted water from pooling in our small yard to the street.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/29/2015

09/17/2015

Mr. Scallan of Home Improvements came to my house on Wednesday to check out what I wanted done and give me a price for the work.   We agreed he would come the next day for 9:00 am to do the job.  He was here for 9:00 am as planned.  I had all kinds of trees to be trimmed, shaped and cut.  Also, had gutters to be cleaned and metal pipes to be cut and removed from my yard and weeds to be sprayed.  ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He did yard and gutter work.

CATEGORY fencing, gutter cleaning, handyman service, landscaper, lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/17/2015

06/30/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen remodel. Good job.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/17/2014

10/09/2014

He always does a great job. Very reliable, which I appreciate when I can't be at the property to remind/oversee/etc. He's easy to communicate with and work with. I've thrown a number of different projects each way, and he does them well. Jack of trades.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have had Aleck do a number of things on my property and a rental property. Gardening and clearing. Adding a disposal. Repairing things here and there that seem to happen when you have a 100+ year old house.

CATEGORY handyman service, landscaper, plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2014

09/10/2013

His name is Alec Scallan. He is a little handyman; I can get him in to do small jobs. He is very, very good and very dependable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home Improvements does my gardening work and that kind of things. The last time he came out, he weeded the garden.

CATEGORY handyman service, lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2013

07/29/2013

He does very good work and also a good Gardner. I have used him in the past. He is a very good handyman, a jack of all trades. He is a good worker and you don't have to stand over him ; very dependable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Alec Scallan does some yard and handyman work for me

CATEGORY handyman service, lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2013

Handyman Services. Fencing. Lawn & Yard Work. Landscaping. Gutter Cleaning.

Not Applicable